Options

Hannah - Hollyoaks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Heartbreaking watching her again be ill - i sobbed like a baby!

Comments

• Options
    Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was freaking crazy yesterday. Looks like she's finaly lost it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma is a brilliant actress, I am gonna miss her..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Is she finally leaving?

I love hannah and i wish she was staying but i swear she said she was going to leave about a year and a half ago and shes still here!
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Is she finally leaving?

I love hannah and i wish she was staying but i swear she said she was going to leave about a year and a half ago and shes still here!

The Longest Goodbye .... Lol :D

It DOES seem that long ago, but her departure was originally announced on November 8 last year. She was leaving at the end of her contract which was in June this year, but because Justin and Warren left around then (and possibly someone else, I can't remember!) she agreed to stay for another 6 months. She had no other work lined up, which was why she did it and could be why she could do what Kev Sacre did and go back again if she can't find anything else to do!

So anyway, she was supposed to leave in June, instead she's just done her final filming, and will presumably leave in January on screeen, so as that was 14 months after she originally said she was leaving, that probably IS the longest goodbye in soap! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she finally leaving?

This isn't her exit storyline, she just finished shooting her last scenes in the last couple of days so she'll be leaving around February I would say.
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not so keen on all the 'manic' Hannah scenes, but when she broke down with Darren, it was so sad. I think she does really well during times like that. In a way, I hope this is part of her leaving storyline, although I think she goes off with someone? It's a shame though, I think it would be good to exit on a storyline like this.

Darren's been really impressive during this storyline - I find it so much more interesting seeing his caring, vulnerable side to the jokey womaniser side (light relief is good, but he's been amazing during this); his scenes when Hannah broke down were lovely.
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Emma Rigby turns it on...Wow.

Her scenes with Anita prove why she was given the Best Actresss award.
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MuteBanana wrote: »
    When Emma Rigby turns it on...Wow.

Her scenes with Anita prove why she was given the Best Actresss award.

Absolutely totally agree, fantastic young actress
  • Options
    Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Its the bets thing about hollyoaks atm, but not that great still. I found her intensley irritating during the first round of eating disorder storylines, emma rigby is likeable normally, but when she tries to do something substantially dramatic, its just a whole lot of gurning and funny faces - very little actual depth to her amateur performances at all.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    I'm not so keen on all the 'manic' Hannah scenes, but when she broke down with Darren, it was so sad. I think she does really well during times like that. In a way, I hope this is part of her leaving storyline, although I think she goes off with someone? It's a shame though, I think it would be good to exit on a storyline like this.

Darren's been really impressive during this storyline - I find it so much more interesting seeing his caring, vulnerable side to the jokey womaniser side (light relief is good, but he's been amazing during this); his scenes when Hannah broke down were lovely.
    I don't like Hannah, so I'm quite pleased to hear she is leaving. I think Emma Rigby is vastly overrated as an actress, although I do agree with you about the scene where she broke down with Darren. That was the one part where she really was believable. I definitely agree with all you say about Darren. He is my favourite character now. He is very funny, and that is what makes it even more affecting when he does vulnerable or caring.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Its the bets thing about hollyoaks atm, but not that great still. I found her intensley irritating during the first round of eating disorder storylines, emma rigby is likeable normally, but when she tries to do something substantially dramatic, its just a whole lot of gurning and funny faces - very little actual depth to her amateur performances at all.
    Glad someone else feels as I do about her. It's the talking through her teeth that gets me the most.
  • Options
    Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    Glad someone else feels as I do about her. It's the talking through her teeth that gets me the most.

To be honest, most of the time i do actually like her - shes such a sweet, likeable character most of the time, and rigby plays her well as that, but when utter, pure emotion is required, she just falls flat. i dont know how anyone could be taken in by such a plain, one dimensional performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I found this stuff more moving than the first time round :cry:
    When she was freaking out and Darren was comforting her- I think we forget what a good actor Ashley Taylor Dawson is as well...
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both Emma and Ashley have been fantastic this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    Hannah has been good this week. The scenes with Anita where really good when she was ranting. It will be a shame when she leaves. She looked so good a few weeks ago!!

Does anyone know if she dies or is it just an exit?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (Sorry, double posted!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul F wrote: »
    Does anyone know if she dies or is it just an exit?
    She doesn't die.

Apparently, she leaves with Jamie (the guy she met in Later).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    I've not read any spoilers because I wanna see for myself, but I hope she doesn't end up like Melissa :( Very sad to see her in that state again...:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Billyyyyy wrote: »
    She doesn't die.

That's good - I hope she gets her happy ending :-)
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    Billyyyyy wrote: »
    She doesn't die.

well i'm not sure that's exactly true....we know Jamie arrives on the scene but we don't know if she actually leaves with him, anything could happen. Just cus he arrives doesn't means he'll leave with him or even survive!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    andy614 wrote: »
    well i'm not sure that's exactly true....we know Jamie arrives on the scene but we don't know if she actually leaves with him, anything could happen. Just cus he arrives doesn't means he'll leave with him or even survive!

I was hoping Hannah's departure would involve Justin cos for me they belong together.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I laughed when she said she was quitting college....when was the last we saw her go?

I think the storyline is being dealt with really well. The scenes with Darren were so sad, for both characters. The scenes in the Dog were realy well - especially how Rhys and Josh react