Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://s377.photobucket.com/user/nbt222/media/doc%20martin/F936913D-5F6A-49D6-A62C-FEC8D29C1B11-786-0000002AA5F274EA.jpg.html

I am not into fashion but I think LG's dress maybe fashionable!!

This is the link to a very recent photo of a friend who is fashionable and her dress is, I think, fairly similar. Not sure but someone here will know.

If the link is set up properly (I did it so it probably isn't : )) you may need a password: portwenn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more, from Twitter. Gosh his legs are lovely :cool:
    https://twitter.com/amyjenkin/status/331818565831385088/photo/1

Here is another one from Facebook. I think I see DM and a guy is holding a doll... could be a Doc and James scene at the chemist?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151480322469902&set=pcb.10151480324569902&type=1&theater

Thanks! Yes, I love his looooong legs.

I think you're right about the doll.

Thanks for pointing us to these.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    http://s377.photobucket.com/user/nbt222/media/doc%20martin/F936913D-5F6A-49D6-A62C-FEC8D29C1B11-786-0000002AA5F274EA.jpg.html

I am not into fashion but I think LG's dress maybe fashionable!!

This is the link to a very recent photo of a friend who is fashionable and her dress is, I think, fairly similar. Not sure but someone here will know.

If the link is set up properly (I did it so it probably isn't : )) you may need a password: portwenn.

Yes, I think you're right. The link did work and the dress is quite similar to the one we saw LG wearing. Shows you what I know about current fashion (nothing).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    People, people: Let's not set up a Brit vs. American thing here. Or next you know, we'll have to take on Australia, and after that who knows what other country might pop up ! QUOTE]

Hi

Can anyone see/hear me out there ?

I am one Brit waving and dusting off the Welcome mat !

Did no-one read my earlier post ?

I LOVE this forum with all its international meeting of minds

Variety is the spice of life :)

Lots of variety here, and I think it's fun! Thanks, Blue-Eyes. Very sweet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Doc's wearing his wedding ring on the proper hand.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member

That's my buddy and nemesis Chris on the right in the yellow reflective jacket with the earpiece. He spent a whole day telling the part of the crowd I was in "back just a little further, please" "no photos during the take" but very good humouredly. The fellow on the left with the white-rimmed glasses was the source of the "meerkat" comment; also a good humoured bloke. Ah, I miss Port Isaac.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's my buddy and nemesis Chris on the right in the yellow reflective jacket with the earpiece. He spent a whole day telling the part of the crowd I was in "back just a little further, please" "no photos during the take" but very good humouredly. The fellow on the left with the white-rimmed glasses was the source of the "meerkat" comment; also a good humoured bloke. Ah, I miss Port Isaac.

You have such great memories of your trip to PI.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, as he and CC/LG have done in every filming photo we've seen, which confirms that the crew member who suggested to the woman at facebook that they filmed two versions of the wedding was deliberately trying to mislead us. I mean, we already had the reception. And now in every scene they're wearing wedding rings. And there's the "Mrs. Louisa Ellingham" sign.

Heh, heh, heh, We are too smart for you, oh, crew guy.

Or too obsessed, or something.
  • mazziebluemazzieblue Posts: 263
    Forum Member

That's the 1st assistant director, Joe Geary.

I miss PI as well....maybe not the hills though.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's got to be so much easier for Martin - not having to remember to switch hands every morning and evening. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    That's got to be so much easier for Martin - not having to remember to switch hands every morning and evening. :D

Sometimes when someone loses weight, their jewelry doesn't fit, but looks like the Doc still has those big hands. :)
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Thanks! Yes, I love his looooong legs.

I think you're right about the doll.

Thanks for pointing us to these.
    Someone posted on the FB page Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club that there were babies on the set looking to be about 7 months old. So some time might be elapsing? 7 months is pretty different to 2 months, but maybe not in Portwenn.

However, the moderator of the group (Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club just announced she has changed the settings to private, so you have to be a member to view anything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd posting on Twitter:
    Someone (Steppes Farm) says that while they were running the Advent Horse and Dog Show they came across a the Doc Martin crew filming a scene from the wedding. The Show is held at the Crowdy Reservoir, Advent (near Camelford) Cornwall. Does that fit with the location of the wedding scene previously spotted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    Someone posted on the FB page Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club that there were babies on the set looking to be about 7 months old. So some time might be elapsing? 7 months is pretty different to 2 months, but maybe not in Portwenn.

However, the moderator of the group (Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club just announced she has changed the settings to private, so you have to be a member to view anything.

Apparently it isn't difficult to join. I don't even remember how I did it way back when. If anyone has problems, it looks like members can invite new members, so holler if you need help.
    I've actually wondered about the timing of this series. It sounds like we're going almost straight from the castle to the altar, but based on time elapsed in S5, I think that means we're getting close to fall. I wonder if PW time doesn't move forward and skip the winter months after the first ep or two of S6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd posting on Twitter:
    Someone (Steppes Farm) says that while they were running the Advent Horse and Dog Show they came across a the Doc Martin crew filming a scene from the wedding. The Show is held at the Crowdy Reservoir, Advent (near Camelford) Cornwall. Does that fit with the location of the wedding scene previously spotted?
    Well, well. I just looked at their FB page and it contains a couple of pictures of a classic looking limo (Rolls Royce perhaps?) with cameras all over it and Martin and Louisa sitting in the back. You can plainly see MC looking at the person taking the pic and you can just make out CC next to him. So we will have a scene on the ride from the church - yes!!!

Looks like they didn't have the bank holiday off this Monday after all since that was the day of the dog and pony show.

Yes, that's not far from Alternun. It is also right next to the spot I posted near the jagged peak mountain.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd posting on Twitter:

It's 15.9 miles from Altarnun (site of the wedding church, St. Nonna's) to Tintagel, where the Camelot Castle Hotel is located (site of the wedding reception). Crowdy Reservoir is about halfway between the two. But as Shop Girl has shown us in her flickr photos and maps, BP tends to film all over Cornwall, with even exteriors and interiors of the same scene filmed many, many miles apart, so I don't know that the location makes a difference. The question in my mind is what kind of wedding-related filming would go on at a lake? I looked at Crowdy Reservoir online, saw some pretty photos of the very large lake, and read that the primary activities there are fishing and bird watching. Oh, and there's a dam.

I wondered if the "lost in the woods" filming that went on near the Springer Spaniel pub might be related, but it's 20 miles from the reservoir to the Springer Spaniel. And LG and DM lost in the woods overnight isn't exactly a wedding-related scenario, is it?
    Where IS that crystal ball of mine??? It'll be so much fun when we finally get to see these episodes and see how the bits and pieces fit together!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, well. I just looked at their FB page and it contains a couple of pictures of a classic looking limo (Rolls Royce perhaps?) with cameras all over it and Martin and Louisa sitting in the back. You can plainly see MC looking at the person taking the pic and you can just make out CC next to him. So we will have a scene on the ride from the church - yes!!!

Looks like they didn't have the bank holiday off this Monday after all since that was the day of the dog and pony show.

Yes, that's not far from Alternun. It is also right next to the spot I posted near the jagged peak mountain.
    LOVE the Rolls. In which picture can you see MC? I see one in which he is in the front seat, maybe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Well, well. I just looked at their FB page and it contains a couple of pictures of a classic looking limo (Rolls Royce perhaps?) with cameras all over it and Martin and Louisa sitting in the back.
    DM and LG together on a back seat? We had that before. I hope, Louisa had used a good deal of mouth wash before:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a spoiler or anything. A miniature makers group recreated Doc Martin's Village. Amazing!

Start here and check out all the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gramarye/8718882695/in/photostream/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG!!! :):D:):D:) I want to do a little dance!
    I squinted and squinted at the first photo, the cow's-eye-view one, but then when I clicked to go to the next, WOWZA!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Shop Girl.

You know, I was thinking last night about LG's joke at Bert's in S3, when she teased DM with the idea of a horse-drawn carriage and doves, and then told him she wanted a simple wedding and a simple reception. This time around, more and more of what we're seeing does not indicate "simple". That Rolls with chauffeur certainly isn't what I call "simple". And we already know the reception is much more elaborate than anything Bert and Al could concoct, including the doomed circus tent. I wonder if we'll find that they wanted everything to be different than that first attempt at a wedding. Very interesting to consider.

Disregard my previous post. Shop Girl's got the goods! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE the Rolls. In which picture can you see MC? I see one in which he is in the front seat, maybe.
    The picture with the closeup of the car - you can plainly see him and just make out her hair.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the second photo. You can't see them unless you click to see a larger version. Click on any of the filming photos at the Advent Horse & Dog facebook page, you can then access all three photos. Click forward or backward, I can't remember which, and look in the backseat! Very clearly, there they are! You can even see the rose in his lapel. So cool!
    Maybe this link will take you straight to that one particular photo. Hope so. Giving it a shot. They're all the way at the very, very back. Third window from the front.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=564976403523663&set=a.422287984459173.91391.422051707816134&type=1&theater
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a spoiler or anything. A miniature makers group recreated Doc Martin's Village. Amazing!

Start here and check out all the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gramarye/8718882695/in/photostream/

I am amazed! And so many photos, we see practically the entire village. In the ones honing in on the surgery, there's the Doc and Louisa on the porch! This is truly stunning work. Thanks! I'll have to go back to these photos again and again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biffpup wrote: »
    I am amazed! And so many photos, we see practically the entire village. In the ones honing in on the surgery, there's the Doc and Louisa on the porch! This is truly stunning work. Thanks! I'll have to go back to these photos again and again.

Did a little more digging - this is from Australia. It was at the Sydney Miniatures and Dolls' House Fair this past weekend. I can't believe that much work went into something that will only be on display for two days!
This discussion has been closed.