Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm curious how many of us are reading the spoilers. There were only two people who responded to my recent spoiler and I realized perhaps most on this forum might be filtering their info until the show airs.

Would you let me know if you're reading the spoilers?

I read them. I love 'em!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    Do you guys know of or remember any American tv shows that had a beautiful location like Port Isaac in Doc Martin? I can't think of any!

Northern Exposure, which is similar to Doc Martin in so many ways, was set in a beautiful location, although quite different than Port Isaac.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'd be quite happy to take the leftover!;)

Oh, sorry, ShopGirl, I didn't notice you'd already taken dibs on him. :cry:

The Doc is mine. The rest of you can fight over Penhale. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    Ohhhh - some new pics this morning on FB (filming from Thursday) of ME sporting a new tie! Navy blue with white somethings (almost look like little croissants or something). Oh - and a black suit. I don't think he wears black suits very often - looks a bit formal.

How sad am I that this was the highlight of my Saturday morning? :eek:

No time yesterday, but the new tie was the first thing I saw when I signed on at FB this morning. I like it! Gosh, he looks nice! Sigh.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    Oh, B.G., I have to wait until tomorrow night, but enjoy. Glad to hear from you again, dear instigator of this forum!:)

I really enjoyed watching it again :) The series has grown on me the more times I've watched it. I am more than intrigued to see what happens this series...I've been very good and avoided spoilers for a while so this is the first series I'll be watching where I don't know what to expect! Kind of excited by the prospect of this...

I do know what I'd like to happen though.... :D

Oh, and I think MC has been fought over on here many times over the years - I think there are a fair few of us who rather like him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who is it the four of you are really discussing here--Doc Martin or Martin Clunes? I'm thinking it is the latter....

Just catching up here. For me, it's the Doc. MC is a sexy, gorgeous man, but it's the Doc that gets me going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    robspace54 wrote: »
    I am having a good laugh over the things emerging here - spoilers, big hands and ears, tall men, brunette women, clothing, filming and camera angles, myths and legends, pony tails and makeup, contraception... :) I'm glad we all understand this is a TV show, right? TV? Like ... on no, maybe it's not??? :o

But when you actually watch Martin filming, like I did all day June 28, it's no longer is a TV show. It's very, very, very real!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mofromco wrote: »
    MC is the best on screen kisser that I've ever seen...and I'm old enough to see enough. With his voice and secret personality my heart rate goes up a notch when I look at him. I don't know exactly what it is but he has SOMETHING ! I'm hoping to see a shirtless Doc in the new series and perhaps some physical proximity to Louisa...embraces, hugs

Oh , yes, I never check the spoilers......,,,,yeah, right! They are so awesome and make me so excited for series 7!

Where's the "like" button?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed watching it again :) The series has grown on me the more times I've watched it. I am more than intrigued to see what happens this series...I've been very good and avoided spoilers for a while so this is the first series I'll be watching where I don't know what to expect! Kind of excited by the prospect of this...

Oh, and I think MC has been fought over on here many times over the years - I think there are a fair few of us who rather like him!

Hi, brendan's girl, so happy to see you back again.

I hope you share your thoughts with us as the S6 episodes air, especially as you'll be spoiler-less, unlike so many of us. I'm curious to know if your reaction will be different than it will be for those of us who have a few clues (although not all).
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    I really like your thoughts on Edith, Mona.
    I don't really see Edith as predatory. I see the big difference between Edith and LG is that Edith wants to change DM. She doesn't like Portwenn, she wants him to be a surgeon in London, she wants him to get over his blood phobia. Edith likes the idea of a relationship with DM but I'm not sure she really loves DM even to the full extent that she can love someone.

LG recognises that he's difficult, a stick of rock and gruff, monosyllabic and rude (even if he's well meaning) but she still loves him. She's prepared to go to London for him which is a huge step for her because we know she hates it there.
    She doesn't just like the idea of him but even though it is against her will at times, she really loves him.

Thanks, cc.cookie!

It seems to me that both women pretty clearly wish to change DM.

Edith wants him to heal from his hemophobia, reassert his medical career, and move to the city where he can thrive as a surgeon. She accepts his personality as it is, and is not trying to change that at all. His lack of intimacy with her was an another emotional issue which needed healing, but overall who DM was was okay with her.

LG, on the other hand, wants him to change his personality, and reacts to his odd ways. She has a decided mindset about how love goes and lovers act (which most of us agree with!) and needs him to change to get somewhat closer to those ideals. As for locality, for most of the show, she wanted him to stay in PW, but we saw her flexibility in that regards in S5.
  • lemsterlemster Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Another writeup of a visit to Port Wenn/Port Isaac with comments on the filming.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130714-LIFE-307140301
  • mmDerdekeammDerdekea Posts: 1,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    Here's the quote and a link to the interview with JG.

"Glaswegian Julie says she loved working with Martin. "He is very sexy. He's smart, funny and talented, a demon combination. He's also madly in love with his wife and little girl." She even enjoyed filming a scene where both actors were required to strip off and share a bath together.

"Oh, it was lovely," she says. "But then, it would be lovely being naked with Martin Clunes anywhere." But then, Julie is no stranger to unconventional love scenes."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cheating+made+me+feel+disloyal+but+I+knew+Joseph+was+the+one%3B...-a099015106

Too bad she hadn't set up a little spy camera during that scene....:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o;):)

(DISCLAIMER: The above sentence was not written by mmDerdkea. Her computer was hacked by internet masterminds from Bulgaria, who can make it seem like a pure, innocent fan would write an inappropriate comment on a Forum, which such fan would never, ever do.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    mmDerdekea

Please tell your alter-ego in Bulgaria (erh, excuse me, the internet mastermind) that she is a naughty, naughty girl.
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemster wrote: »
    Another writeup of a visit to Port Wenn/Port Isaac with comments on the filming.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20130714-LIFE-307140301
    Ohhhhhh - they filmed doc getting into a cab in front of the surgery. Bet I know what that's for! And nice to know that even though I expect they will be living together at that point, they went separately to the church.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    I still think the kiss in the back of the taxi was very, very sexy - and there was a lot to it. First was the build up, the anticipation. Once their fingers touch, Louisa makes her move. Then they stop and she looks at him with pure lust in her eyes (great acting?) Is there anything sexier than a partner that has THAT look? The second part of the kiss, he reaches for her and really gets into it (that's why we know the breath thing can't be such a big deal.) MC/the Doc is a great kisser - and he and CC/Louisa are such a fantastic match physically. Tremendous screen chemistry in every way.

You know, Julie Graham has said how extremely sexy Martin is to work with romantically, but I have never heard CC say anything about that. In fact, why is she not interviewed more? Is it that she's not asked or not willing?

I'd like to know that too. In fact, there is so much talk on this forum and elsewhere about Martin Clunes, Doc Martin, Martin Ellingham, Louisa and all the other characters; but we don't see much about Caroline Catz other than superficial information. Just noticed that she has a new unofficial fan website, but nothing really unusual there.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the guys that has posted filming pics on FB put them on YT as a montage with the theme music - possible spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppr1NQ_tnvo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shop Girl wrote: »
    If I had to pick between MC and ME I would choose MC because of his sense of fun and his bunny hugging ways, but I wouldn't kick either one out of my bed.

You should be so lucky ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the guys that has posted filming pics on FB put them on YT as a montage with the theme music - possible spoilers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ppr1NQ_tnvo

Thanks Connie

Mouth-watering :D
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmDerdekea wrote: »
    Thanks, cc.cookie!

It seems to me that both women pretty clearly wish to change DM.

Edith wants him to heal from his hemophobia, reassert his medical career, and move to the city where he can thrive as a surgeon. She accepts his personality as it is, and is not trying to change that at all. His lack of intimacy with her was an another emotional issue which needed healing, but overall who DM was was okay with her.

LG, on the other hand, wants him to change his personality, and reacts to his odd ways. She has a decided mindset about how love goes and lovers act (which most of us agree with!) and needs him to change to get somewhat closer to those ideals. As for locality, for most of the show, she wanted him to stay in PW, but we saw her flexibility in that regards in S5.

Absolutely agree with your assessment of the two women.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BG, I think you may have just made the understatement of the year! :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But when you actually watch Martin filming, like I did all day June 28, it's no longer is a TV show. It's very, very, very real!

I feel the same way even though my visit was sans filming. Because, I suppose, the village is real, just like it says on the tin!
    Forum Member
    I feel the same way even though my visit was sans filming. Because, I suppose, the village is real, just like it says on the tin!

What tin?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,298
    Forum Member
    BG, I think you may have just made the understatement of the year! :D:D

I myself had Martin Clune-itis for a few years!! :-D Loved him the most in S2 but wasn't so keen on the way his character progressed. There is something about his grumpiness as the Doc though...
    Forum Member
    Here's the quote and a link to the interview with JG.

"Glaswegian Julie says she loved working with Martin. "He is very sexy. He's smart, funny and talented, a demon combination. He's also madly in love with his wife and little girl." She even enjoyed filming a scene where both actors were required to strip off and share a bath together.

"Oh, it was lovely," she says. "But then, it would be lovely being naked with Martin Clunes anywhere." But then, Julie is no stranger to unconventional love scenes."

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cheating+made+me+feel+disloyal+but+I+knew+Joseph+was+the+one%3B...-a099015106

I have not see William and Mary as yet but read the interview. Did not like the line beginning: "Men are unclean and are always trying to..." While I realize that she undoubtedly meant some men, and the piece was probably edited, it is unfortunate to see this kind of comment. Too many attacks against men these days!
This discussion has been closed.