Doc Martin (Part 15 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Portwenn59 wrote: »
    Your right Rob. I apologize to Last Romantic and to anyone else I offended. I shouldn't have said what I did. Please forgive me.
    BodminDM wrote: »
    I know, I'm a bit late, but I had to ponder about this a bit. However, the idea kept nagging me, as Rob called for the muses while we were talking about the proposal scene.
    I know, it has been addressed in FanFic over and over again, but what about the FanFic writers on this forum summon up the muses big time and get a little story starting from about the scene when Holly is put into the ambulance until latest when Martin get the thumbs up from Dave.

BodminDM: The wheels are turning/ churning in my head!

"Marry me!" I said.

I heard her answer, "What's that?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    They are both links to <Doc Martin (martin Clunes) Fan Club> and it is a closed site just request permission to join and you can see the pics. You will get everything on your facebook newsfeed so the person whose Facebook you are borrowing may not like it.

It takes 2 mins to set up a Facebook page for yourself and then you can get martin clunes newsfeeds without bothering any one.

When the photos come up there is an arrow (sometimes there is no arrow but pretend there is) over to the far right or far left. Click on these arrows to get to the next photo.

<doc Martin series 6 spoilers> is also a closed group that you have to join to see the photos.
    Biffpup wrote: »
    Last Romantic, the fb site you're looking at probably has the least number of S6 photos. You need to join, as cc.cookie mentioned, the Doc Martin (Martin Clunes) Fan Club fb page, and join Connie's Doc Martin S6 Spoilers fb page to see the photos. There are probably hundreds of them at this point. Some but not all also can be seen at this blog maintained by a forum member: http://docmartinseries6.blogspot.com/

Note that where you see one photo, you might want to click into it and may find numerous photos to click through.

I agree with cc.cookie, however. It's easy to join facebook and then you can easily and quickly ask to join those private groups where the photos are. And then after the filming is over at the end of July, you can turn off your facebook membership. It's true that if you join the DM groups as your friend, updates and new photos will start appearing in your friend's facebook newsfeed, and I bet he/she wouldn't want that.

What will happen after you've joined is you will click on a link, get that fb page about content not available, then sign in to facebook, and, poof, you're at the linked photo(s). Easy peasy.;) Or sign in to facebook before you even click on the link; then you'll go right to the photo.
    Last Romantic, I joined FB just so I could access the content you are frustrated about. I don't care to talk to a hundred "friends" or post anything there and you don't have to either. But it does give you access to the two wonderful groups (that our beloved Conniej admins) so is worth it IMHO. (PS. I love technology but just don't love FB otherwise.)

cc.cookie, thanks for filling in the rest of the info LR needed.

Thank you cc.cookie, Biffpup and SusieSagitarius! My friend would definitely not want a deluge of Doc Martin so now I am forced to make the big decision!
    Forum Member
    But then I just really want to go to Buckham Fair. We found the fields when we were there but it was April, so just a lovely view and Martin was in the north enjoying his heavy horse camp birthday present. Oh, well, I would have fainted if he'd come down the road anyway!;)

Well he is just a human being like the rest of us--isn't he?;) We on the forum tend to elevate him to the level of a god. I have often thought that a star like Martin Clunes would be pleasantly relieved when he is not recognized and is treated as an ordinary person. Interestingly, in the films he made like Islands of Britain, it seemed that many people he encountered were remarkably unimpressed with him. Maybe they were just in shock, though?

PS: Mofromco seems to be particularly suggestible to everything about himmmm...
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well he is just a human being like the rest of us--isn't he?;) We on the forum tend to elevate him to the level of a god. I have often thought that a star like Martin Clunes would be pleasantly relieved when he is not recognized and is treated as an ordinary person. Interestingly, in the films he made like Islands of Britain, it seemed that many people he encountered were remarkably unimpressed with him. Maybe they were just in shock, though...

I think it was because he visited the islands off England, and these people were not caught up in the stardom of MC--they treated him as if he were genuinely interested in their way of life. He was most comfortable amongst those he met and not aloof as some presenters of documentaries we see every now and again.
  • MofromcoMofromco Posts: 1,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well he is just a human being like the rest of us--isn't he?;) We on the forum tend to elevate him to the level of a god. I have often thought that a star like Martin Clunes would be pleasantly relieved when he is not recognized and is treated as an ordinary person. Interestingly, in the films he made like Islands of Britain, it seemed that many people he encountered were remarkably unimpressed with him. Maybe they were just in shock, though?

Yeah, I'd say, "and who in the hell do you think you are, you big bloke?"...not to be too obvious.
    Forum Member
    Mofromco wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say, "and who in the hell do you think you are, you big bloke?"...not to be too obvious.

You would not--we all know what you'd do--you'd swoon...then be taken up in those big arms...
    Forum Member
    marchrand wrote: »
    I think it was because he visited the islands off England, and these people were not caught up in the stardom of MC--they treated him as if he were genuinely interested in their way of life. He was most comfortable amongst those he met and not aloof as some presenters of documentaries we see every now and again.

Yes, you are most probably right--and he was so genuine, but then he always is (as Louisa says) Martin!
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the JH mothers for the new series posted an adorable picture of MC,CC and the baby together on my MC FB page - not the spoiler one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I know, I'm a bit late, but I had to ponder about this a bit. However, the idea kept nagging me, as Rob called for the muses while we were talking about the proposal scene.
    I know, it has been addressed in FanFic over and over again, but what about the FanFic writers on this forum summon up the muses big time and get a little story starting from about the scene when Holly is put into the ambulance until latest when Martin get the thumbs up from Dave.
    There are several stories covering this first time including one in which Martin and Louisa had oral sex and it was quit controversial.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    The name of the fan fiction that covers the night of the proposal is "With My Body I Thee Worship." It also explains in a very amusing way why Louisa became pregnant.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But then I just really want to go to Buckham Fair. We found the fields when we were there but it was April, so just a lovely view and Martin was in the north enjoying his heavy horse camp birthday present. Oh, well, I would have fainted if he'd come down the road anyway!;)

But...

You would have had his immediate attention then - pity you might only have been semi-conscious

He might even have had to loosen your clothing...

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Conniej wrote: »
    One of the JH mothers for the new series posted an adorable picture of MC,CC and the baby together on my MC FB page - not the spoiler one.

Is this a FB page that is just called MC? I can't find the photo.

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know when the new series starts please. Watching the repeat tonight, so funny when he picked up the wrong baby! :)
  • Shop GirlShop Girl Posts: 1,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard back from Andy today and it sounds like they have fixed the problem?

Just to let you know I've heard back from our ad team with the following today:

Finally had confirmation from the 3rd*party network that those particular offending ads have been stopped and they’re screening for any similar style ads that may have slipped through but let me know if there are any further issues.

I’m organising a call with them early next week to ensure they have an up-to-date block list to prevent things like this happening in future.

Hopefully this solves the problem! Please let me know if it hasn't though.
  • SusieSagitariusSusieSagitarius Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blue-Eyes wrote: »
    But...

You would have had his immediate attention then - pity you might only have been semi-conscious

He might even have had to loosen your clothing...

:)

I'd be a total goner at that point. Mouth to mouth resuscitation and chest compressions definitely called for. I might never come fully back awake! :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks.

Me neither, conniej.:cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In my earlier life living in San Diego, I would recognize stars but always respected their privacy as they were in their private lives in those moments and so just ignored them and went on. But then ...... none of them were ..."Martin". :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    strewth wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the new series starts please. Watching the repeat tonight, so funny when he picked up the wrong baby! :)

Depends where you live.
    S6 starts in Sept in the UK (Fall, for sure).
    In the US, not being released to PBS stations until late 2013 according to APTonline.org. But each PBS station makes its own decision about
    whether to buy it and
    when to show it.

Don't know about other locations.
  • ConniejConniej Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks.
    Me neither, conniej.:cry:

Martin Clunes - Doc Martin fan Group
    https://m.facebook.com/groups/143129242433693?ref=m_notif&notif_t=group_activity&__user=657876831
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 330
    Forum Member
    Martin and Edith would forever remain a brittle, unemotional, bloodless (?) couple with brilliant careers and little else.

I completely agree. Edith was interested in Dr. Ellingham, Louisa is more interested in or at least intrigued by Martin. We all know that DM is more comfortable in his medical persona, so it would be easier to be with Edith than with Louisa, but the human being in DM cries out for be accepted for what it is, not what he does.
    That's why I also take Edith's efforts to help DM with his haemophobia with a bit of salt, as I can't help thinking she partly did it to make him interesting for her again.
    Forum Member
    robspace54 wrote: »
    DM to LG and Mrs. T: "And I do hate Portwenn; the people with their pinched faces and their odd accents, and the way they spread contagion for a five mile radius like a bushfire! But none of that matters for you're here and it's where I want to be!" and to LG alone: "And I do love you."

Not forgetting the little speech about rats running through the village and archaeologists unearthing the ruins of Portwenn.
    "Because Miss Glasson said so!"
    Forum Member
    I completely agree. Edith was interested in Dr. Ellingham, Louisa is more interested in or at least intrigued by Martin. We all know that DM is more comfortable in his medical persona, so it would be easier to be with Edith than with Louisa, but the human being in DM cries out for be accepted for what it is, not what he does.
    That's why I also take Edith's efforts to help DM with his haemophobia with a bit of salt, as I can't help thinking she partly did it to make him interesting for her again.

Also to get him out of the "little biscuit tin town" and back in London where he and she could reign--as the King and Queen of Heart-lessness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DMfan wrote: »
    There are several stories covering this first time including one in which Martin and Louisa had oral sex and it was quit controversial.

OMG. Controversial with whom?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you! Thank you! I was in the wrong place entirely.

This is, without a doubt, the height of cuteness. They look like a sweet, happy, smiling little family, don't they? And DM's arms are big enough to be wrapped around both Louisa and JH. Well, I should say MC's arms. DM would never smile that big.

Love this photo! What a cute little smiling boy.
    Forum Member
    Mofromco wrote: »
    This was 1987...no Chunnel then..maybe next time (when they shoot S7 hopefully.

I realised that your trip must have been a while ago. No hovercrafts anymore. I think they stopped about ten years ago.
    I can't blame them either, as they were really uncomfortable even in good weather. I always got the feeling as if I as on a stone that was flipped over the water.
This discussion has been closed.