Options

Maranda Hart- On TV yet again this weekend

ianmattianmatt Posts: 1,325
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Glancing through the TV listings, yet again this bloated, not funny so called comedienne, with an ego as oversized as the rest of her is on yet another show.

What makes it even more wrong she is polluting the screen than ever is that she is presenting a programme on the great Bob Monkhouse.

The contrast could not be more stark. The fantastic comedy the BBC used to produce and the infantile garbage of the likes of Hart and the awful goerdie girl who is also exopsed miles beyond ability.

Comments

• Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ianmatt wrote: »
    Glancing through the TV listings, yet again this bloated, not funny so called comedienne, with an ego as oversized as the rest of her is on yet another show.

What makes it even more wrong she is polluting the screen than ever is that she is presenting a programme on the great Bob Monkhouse.

The contrast could not be more stark. The fantastic comedy the BBC used to produce and the infantile garbage of the likes of Hart and the awful goerdie girl who is also exopsed miles beyond ability.

Believe it or not, the TV is full of celebrities that a whole array of people like. But I have never heard of Maranda Hart. I know Miranda Hart though. I quite like her.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Bob Monkhouse is hardly in the right state to present a show himself, is he?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the TV is full of celebrities that a whole array of people like. But I have never heard of Maranda Hart. I know Miranda Hart though. I quite like her.

I wish I was as clever as you and the BBC it doesn't matter how many programmes you put her on, she's crap.
  • Options
    Geeza BrakeGeeza Brake Posts: 239
    Forum Member

Weird, she's doing a prog on Eric Morecambe too, she is a busy lass.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I was as clever as you and the BBC it doesn't matter how many programmes you put her on, she's crap.

Life is full of serious issues. There are lots of things going on in my life that get priority over everything. Getting annoyed at celebrities I don't like on TV isn't one of them. There are celebrities I really like, celebrities I'm not too bothered about one way or another and celebrities that have no appeal to me one way or another. You know what I do when it comes to these? I just don't watch them. Here's a clever bit of reasoning for you: The BBC like to use Miranda Hart because a lot of BBC viewers like her! Wow! Isn't that an amazing revelation.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a "Twofer" situation,
    Two known names for different reasons and probably attracting different audiences are likely to attract more viewers than just one in the same programme.
    They think it disguises the fact that they'll just be churning out a lot of old video footage.
    Just "ratings chasing" again.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maranda Hart is very popular and lots of people watch her, her own TV series did well, Call the Midwife has done very well, the One Show when she was on increased viewers.

Not 'ratings chasing' its given what the majority of viewers want.

Why isn't there a thread for Phillip Schofiled is on all the time?

This Morning, Dancing on Ice, ( just finished), The Cube, All his shows get far less viewers than Maranda but he is always on.

Or is it that if its on ITV its ok?
  • Options
    mercykatemercykate Posts: 83
    Forum Member

You went to the trouble of starting a thread with the simple intention of slating a women - a popular comedienne with main roles in two successful shows - for being on a show that your supposedly not going to watch.
    Seems to me that by calling a women "bloated" and "oversized" says alot more about your ability to talk "infantile garbage" than her talents.
    Contrary to what you may think i'm not even a loyal Miranda Hart (try to spell someones name right before you publically bash them) fan as i don't watch her show but i am a human being with a decent moral system and I think your unnecessary criticism of a womens appearence (which has nothing to do with her presenting abilitys by the way) is frankly, disgusting.
    I'd say it may offend her but whilst your spending your time posting spiteful forums about her, shes swimming in cash, clearly in high demand. So as the quote goes, who's laughing now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A.D.P wrote: »
    Maranda Hart is very popular and lots of people watch her, her own TV series did well, Call the Midwife has done very well, the One Show when she was on increased viewers.

Not 'ratings chasing' its given what the majority of viewers want.

Why isn't there a thread for Phillip Schofiled is on all the time?

This Morning, Dancing on Ice, ( just finished), The Cube, All his shows get far less viewers than Maranda but he is always on.

Or is it that if its on ITV its ok?

Err. If you want to resurrect a previous thread on that little "Homepride flour grader" Philip Schofield, or even start a new one, that'll be fine by most.

This one's about Miranda Hart.

It won't be considered a crime that you like her.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i see no prgramme listed with miranda and bob monkhouse the OP lying
  • Options
    rwouldrwould Posts: 5,260
    Forum Member
    Luckily in this case the BBC has better judgement than you as there are plenty of us that find Miranda entertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i see no prgramme listed with miranda and bob monkhouse the OP lying

Ooo! such harsh words "from behind the curtain" towards someone who has already committed the cardinal sin of having a "typo" in a post.

Perhaps he meant Eric Morecambe, because I've seen that advertised.

In any event it's still Miranda Hart again, for cryin' out loud.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mercykate wrote: »
    You went to the trouble of starting a thread with the simple intention of slating a women - a popular comedienne with main roles in two successful shows - for being on a show that your supposedly not going to watch.
    Seems to me that by calling a women "bloated" and "oversized" says alot more about your ability to talk "infantile garbage" than her talents.
    Contrary to what you may think i'm not even a loyal Miranda Hart (try to spell someones name right before you publically bash them) fan as i don't watch her show but i am a human being with a decent moral system and I think your unnecessary criticism of a womens appearence (which has nothing to do with her presenting abilitys by the way) is frankly, disgusting.
    I'd say it may offend her but whilst your spending your time posting spiteful forums about her, shes swimming in cash, clearly in high demand. So as the quote goes, who's laughing now?
    Well said. Sounds like the OP is bitter about her very existence. We can only speculate as to why (the real reason, that is).

And it's pretty easy to avoid watching people you don't like by not watching them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rwould wrote: »
    Luckily in this case the BBC has better judgement than you as there are plenty of us that find Miranda entertaining.

Good for you!

You tell 'im!

Do all Miranda Hart's relatives post on here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Well said. Sounds like the OP is bitter about her very existence. We can only speculate as to why (the real reason, that is).

Nah! Go on, give us a clue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She looks bad, she sounds bad she performs even worse. All fair comment, not spiteful, if she was good I would comment accordingly.

She's in high demand on the BBC, who tend to promote their boring favourites and inflict them on everything they can, constantly advertising these programmes day in day out.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I feel if someone wants to post insults based on someone else's looks they should really post a picture of themselves for the rest of us to appraise. I can only assume the OP must be a male model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She looks bad, she sounds bad she performs even worse. All fair comment, not spiteful, if she was good I would comment accordingly.

She's in high demand on the BBC, who tend to promote their boring favourites and inflict them on everything they can, constantly advertising these programmes day in day out.

The sad thing is that the BBC use particular people who can attract respectable ratings in a variety of programmes until the public get sick of 'em, then drop them like a stone.
    But that's TV for you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    I feel if someone wants to post insults based on someone else's looks they should really post a picture of themselves for the rest of us to appraise. I can only assume the OP must be a male model.

Only if those who criticise them for doing so link a photo of themselves with their post.
    Fair's fair.

I'm amused by this thread, because it's a classic example of where a criticism of someone on TV, seems to be being taken personally by some as if they somehow associate themselves with the subject in question.
    As if they'd give two monkey's for their "undying support" on a message board.

You can say what you like about anyone in TV I've said I've admired, why should I care?
  • Options
    CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge Miranda fan and I'm really happy that her show is on this Friday, as it's my birthday! I can think of nothing better than snuggling up on the sofa watching my comedy idol! SO cheesy I know, but meh...:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a huge Miranda fan and I'm really happy that her show is on this Friday, as it's my birthday! I can think of nothing better than snuggling up on the sofa watching my comedy idol! SO cheesy I know, but meh...:p

and why not?
  • Options
    Forum Member

You don't think that calling someone bloated and oversized is spiteful! Everyone can have an opinion i have no issue with someone not enjoying her shows or whatever but you're judging her on what she looks like and that is spiteful, mean, rude and pathetic! I sincerely hope you look like david beckham to be able to call someone else unattractive. Easy to be a insensitive a-hole when you're behind a computer screen isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't think that calling someone bloated and oversized is spiteful! Everyone can have an opinion i have no issue with someone not enjoying her shows or whatever but you're judging her on what she looks like and that is spiteful, mean, rude and pathetic! I sincerely hope you look like david beckham to be able to call someone else unattractive. Easy to be a insensitive a-hole when you're behind a computer screen isn't it?

I'm judging her on the whole package she looks and sounds awful but the main judgement is her so called comedy performance which is frankly dire. To boot she comes over as very big headed indeed.

For somebody who criticises others for strong comment you are pretty scathing yourself. I thought these forums were for opinion, if it was all nice it would be pretty boring in my view.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm judging her on the whole package she looks and sounds awful but the main judgement is her so called comedy performance which is frankly dire. To boot she comes over as very big headed indeed.

For somebody who criticises others for strong comment you are pretty scathing yourself. I thought these forums were for opinion, if it was all nice it would be pretty boring in my view.

Yep you are totally right, i'm the mean one here.
  • Options
    snossissnossis Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So, if you were head of BBC1, knowing that Miranda Hart's show pulled a bigger audience than just about anything else outside soaps and Strictly (Mrs Brown notwithstanding) you wouldn't put her on because of your own personal dislike of her?

THAT job interview would be a lark!