Comments

• BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is looking interesting but after sim cities I am not so sure. All EA had to do with Sim city was take the game update the graphics job done. Nope they had to screw up the simple game so badly hardly anyone was playing 3 months later. Worlds full of empty servers and cities people wont ever access again. I wish I never bought it ;(
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to this... And then I saw the minimum specs. Since I do most of my gaming on PS4 & PS3 I can't justify buying myself a new PC :(
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    munta wrote: »
    I was looking forward to this... And then I saw the minimum specs. Since I do most of my gaming on PS4 & PS3 I can't justify buying myself a new PC :(

What spec do you have now? Going low detail and low resolution helps low end machines. Also with a new generation of hardware coming this year you should get a PC that meets the recommended fairly cheap soon, especially with the 660 gfx card.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What spec do you have now? Going low detail and low resolution helps low end machines. Also with a new generation of hardware coming this year you should get a PC that meets the recommended fairly cheap soon, especially with the 660 gfx card.

Its a laptop so I would need to get a new one.

i7-3517u
    Nvidia GT640M
    16Gb ram

I think the CPU is ball park ok/little slow. The graphics however is way too low.
  • boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    Forum Member
    20% off code
    KNQFY9-4UP2WZ-VNNQ7Z
    GMG
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    This looks awesome, I'll never get anything done though! Will be ordering.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The embargo on review copies for more substantial youtube vids/lets plays/twitch streams etc. is apparently lifted on Tuesday. I'm cetainly interested in taking a closer look then.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first ever pc pre order. Do you guys think that my haswell i7, hd 4600, intel chip will be able to run the game on my laptop? I have a power pc but I would like to play it on the go.
  • DreamRJDreamRJ Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love building games, and this game looks good, but it looks a lot like cities xl and slightly similar to simcity. lets wait and see when it is released what it is like :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »
    This is my first ever pc pre order. Do you guys think that my haswell i7, hd 4600, intel chip will be able to run the game on my laptop? I have a power pc but I would like to play it on the go.

It should be ok, just try low settings first, and if it is ok, then try higher settings?

But it isnt the processor that matters it is the GPU - (Graphics Card) that matters.
    Forum Member
    DreamRJ wrote: »
    I love building games, and this game looks good, but it looks a lot like cities xl and slightly similar to simcity. lets wait and see when it is released what it is like :)

I bounced straight off Cities XL so have no opinion other than my immediate thoughts (which weren't good) but as far as similarities to SC 2013 go it does look strikingly similar. That said, Skylines launches with bridges, with tunnels to follow. Has working RCI* (based on the videos I've seen anyway) with two types of industrial. Mod support for buildings (with mod full support promised including increasing the lot size past the current limit of nine) proper traffic (there was a recent hoohah about a video showing a gridlocked city and vehicles teleporting. the dev response was that the city (made to show something other than the traffic) was so badly routed that the cims had to teleport to keep the simulation moving and it was a last resort that only the cims used (deliveries for example will reattempt from base in such an instance) and to their credit they released images of a huge city with massive traffic problems and stated that there are no teleporting vehicles in the city.)
    The roads aren't electric! Power and water do not travel alongside cars on the road network. Nor does sewage!
    Mariina Hallikainen, Colossal Order's CEO, is making suggestions over my shoulder. I've just started my first city, and I'm plonking down some water pipes and a lovely big hole for sewage to pour out of, into my beautiful clean river. Tiny arrows conveniently denote the direction of the stream, and Hallikainen points out that building my water pump downstream of the sewage would be a bad idea

It’s 18 quid and if you’re still on the fence wait a couple of days and it will be all over Youtube.
    It’s a big unknown at the moment but in the vid below the guy says he was with the devs and they were showing a massive city and it was solid 120fps. Not sure what rig though but it bodes well. SC13 brought most rigs to their knees in a busy village.

*I know SC13 looked like it had working RCI when the hour long beta came out and most people haven't had more than that with C:S. It's something I'll be looking for info on over the next few days.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/cities-skylines/poisoning-people-in-cities-skylines (The quote above)

Cities:Skylines - Everything I can tell you right now.

Let's Try Cities: Skylines! [PDXCon 2015 Gameplay]

Cities: Skylines! PDXCon Livestream with CEO of Colossal Order

EDIT: Oh yeah, and terraforming!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been watching Quill18's stream on Twitch, I'm quite liking what I'm seeing. Think he'll be at it for the next few hours - http://www.twitch.tv/quill18
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Pre-ordered this for £23 on Steam. My only regret in this game is that it uses the Glassbox engine, which is single core only - but I've seen enough to think this will be the game SC5 should have been.
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    I've been watching on sips channel. He can be funny sometimes but damn he can really talk can't he!

Does anyone know if we will get the game after midnight at launch or will we have to wait until 6pm or something?
    Forum Member
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Pre-ordered this for £23 on Steam. My only regret in this game is that it uses the Glassbox engine, which is single core only - but I've seen enough to think this will be the game SC5 should have been.

Glassbox engine? Single core?
    Not CSL mate.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?803709-Multi-Core-Support

I'm in love with the district tool. Watching Quill (mis)use it is brilliant. In fact his whole city is a fascinating disaster. The game is selling like hotcakes off the back of the streams aswell.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This has been on my radar for some time now. I ended up pre-ordering it a few weeks ago when one of the Youtube gamers did a "Let's play" session way too early :p

Got it for £17 from Greenman Gaming with a code. Might be worth having a search for any valid codes as they appear to do them all the time.

My only worry is my ISP is switching on Monday and if they mess it up and I'm left without Internet access for a few days it's going to kill me :p Hopefully GMG will send me my code this weekend so I can preload the game.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just pre-ordered.
    GMG have a 23% voucher for the weekend: H3U5TZ-9726D1-JIPSHC
    It made the standard version £17.71
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://signup.citiesskylines.com/

I want cherry trees. Will we get to download the game today and get it unlocked tomorrow?
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://signup.citiesskylines.com/

I want cherry trees. Will we get to download the game today and get it unlocked tomorrow?

I've signed up
  • Brian1709Brian1709 Posts: 2,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Release is at approx 6pm tomorrow (GMT). No pre load but it's only about 3gb download.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?841746-Release-FAQ-All-release-questions-go-here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just pre-ordered my copy now. :) Signed that thingy for the cherry trees too!
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't look as pretty as Sim City 5:(
  • fluffedfluffed Posts: 1,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    14 year old me would of loved Skylines. Unfortunately, now I can afford all the games/systems I want, I haven't got time to play games like this. Still, I might buy it, and tinker with it for a few weekends before inevitably sticking on the 'might play at Christmas' gaming list.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im getting this game, i love building games :) i will also do some Lets Play Series of videos for it too for my youtube channel :)