Will BBC Local Radio launch on the Sky platform?

Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,772
Forum Member
✭✭
I've been following this thread over on the Freeview forum about BBC Local Radio launching, link here- http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1945487

Just wondered if there'll be a similar roll out on the Sky platform at some point?

Comments

• PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC London 94.9 is on the Sky epg but in London only. I'm pretty sure you can add it through 'other channels' though. Tuning details are 10.803H, 22.0, 5/6.
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your question is yet to be answered and not yet determined. Nobody knows. Sorry!
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would be good if they did like they have done for BBC London
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daniel99 wrote: »
    would be good if they did like they have done for BBC London

Radio London was put there to replace BBC Arabic and when that was no longer needed on Astra 2 after the Golf War they put Radio London on the carrier as they had a spare channel.

Sadly, none of the others have yet gone on satellite but it would be interesting if they did.
  • BahtatBahtat Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    Radio London was put there to replace BBC Arabic and when that was no longer needed on Astra 2 after the Golf War they put Radio London on the carrier as they had a spare channel.

Sadly, none of the others have yet gone on satellite but it would be interesting if they did.

Golf can quickly become a violent sport can't it :D
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rights for football, and other sports, will most likely stop it. Football commentary is the only stuff i am interested about on local radio and its blocked online due to a deal with the football league and the 'player' service