Options

Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Cyberninja wrote: »
    I saw Robson Green in the Metro centre a couple of years ago, all I did was glance at him and he started the whole "Please leave me alone, I want to shop in peace etc" crap. I said "You're a s**t actor anyway you dozy t**t!" and walked off.

:D Harsh but fair.
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tori Amos is one of the loveliest people I've ever met.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I met Tim Healey and Andy Cole (in Julies in the Quayside for any fellow Geordies). Tim Healey came over because he knew my friend and called me pet. He chatted away and it wasn't until later that I realised that the bloke I'd been chatting to was Dennis from Auf Wiedersehen. Andy Cole danced with me and my friend and was a quiet guy but did an autograph for my little cousin - shame it was on the back of an advert for a topless night :eek:. That was years ago now.
    I am so envious - I adore Tom Healey. He really sounds a lovely down to earth person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Dave Gorman and he was incredibly lovely :]
  • Options
    ScoundreldaysScoundreldays Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my photo took with Morten Harket last week & he was lovely. I'm so pleased as I've adored him for years & always dreaded that if I was to ask him for a photo with me he'd be snappy or something & I'd end up snapping back & telling him to 'Sod it' but he was lovely, lovely, lovely. Even when the first one didn't turn out good he posed again even telling the girl taking the photo how to work my camera.:p
    I couldn't stop thanking him & he replied 'you're welcome'. Still on a high.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I had the pleasure of meeting Andrew Buchan last year after seeing the play The Man Who Had All the Luck. He couldn't have been nicer. Very unlike John Mercer in the Fixer, very gentle, good humoured, open, unassuming and modest. I think he is a massive talent, but if he thinks that himself, he certainly doesn't act that way. I have followed his career since, and delighted to see him in Garrow's Law - and he's brilliant as Garrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I am absolutely DYING for someone to say that to me. I would take great delight in asking them what, exactly, they expect to gain by coming out with that old chestnut, and why they feel they should be privileged above others in the queue :D...

....or there are a variety of other responses I have up my sleeve ;)

The best I heard was when some bimbo soap star shoved herself in at the front of a nightclub queue. Doorman told her to get in line like everyone else. She gave him the DYKWIA line. His withering response: "yes. Now get to the back of the queue."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met X Factor's Lucie Jones in Cardiff yesterday, and she was lovely, an absoloute gem. She seemed very quiet, but I took that to be the shock of so many people turning up to support her and hear her sing outside the new St. David's 2 shopping centre.
    The girl is a treasure to Wales, and as much as I loved her on the show, she sounded better live IMO (must be the sound people on XF not doing her justice). She's so down-to-earth, immensely talented and even more stunning when you meet her up-close.
    I'm very happy to be Welsh right now :D
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »
    The best I heard was when some bimbo soap star shoved herself in at the front of a nightclub queue. Doorman told her to get in line like everyone else. She gave him the DYKWIA line. His withering response: "yes. Now get to the back of the queue."
    I think I'm in love with that doorman:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I'm in love with that doorman:)

:D My mates and I were highly amused!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,449
    Forum Member
    I am SO jealous of the people who met Viggo Mortensen and Johnny Depp!! Glad to hear they were both lovely.:D

my mum has met Viggo about six times - he's always lovely and when she went to see him in Denmark there was a mad old woman there who lived close and turned up at all his 'home' appearances...he made sure she had tea and a chair and then walked her home!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had my photo took with Morten Harket last week & he was lovely. I'm so pleased as I've adored him for years & always dreaded that if I was to ask him for a photo with me he'd be snappy or something & I'd end up snapping back & telling him to 'Sod it' but he was lovely, lovely, lovely. Even when the first one didn't turn out good he posed again even telling the girl taking the photo how to work my camera.:p
    I couldn't stop thanking him & he replied 'you're welcome'. Still on a high.:D

I am so jealous! I could eat that man alive!
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,770
    Forum Member
    laska wrote: »
    I am so jealous! I could eat that man alive!

not if I get to him first Laska ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sara Webb wrote: »

I once saw a page 3 girl do the DYKWIA ?? I'm a page 3 girl the camp waiter said "What of?? Fisherman's Weekly???":D
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,770
    Forum Member
    I once saw a page 3 girl do the DYKWIA ?? I'm a page 3 girl the camp waiter said "What of?? Fisherman's Weekly???":D

ha ha ha, I'd love to have been there :D:D:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met Billy Murray(eastenders) in a cafe opposite carrefour in cite europe, he was going for a pee. He was great, first saying he didn't pose photos but changed his mind and had a photo with my husband.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    LILLYM73 wrote: »
    I met Billy Murray(eastenders) in a cafe opposite carrefour in cite europe, he was going for a pee. He was great, first saying he didn't pose photos but changed his mind and had a photo with my husband.

what in the toilets ..:D
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Jeremy Paxman - gorgeous and accommodating!
    John Peel (RIP) - polite and a gentleman
    Jimmy Tarbuck - I was surprised at how pleasant he was!
    Jon Lord (Deep Purple & Paice, Ashton & Lord) - lovely but wasn't much help on a pub-quiz machine - particularly a MUSIC QUESTION!!!!!!
    Vince Hill - lovely
    Gary Go - gorgeous
    Simon Williams - 'an officer and a gentleman'
    Douglas Hurd - Charming (and I'm not even a Tory!)

I've been fortunate in that I've not met any 'orrible famous people!

Sheila
  • Options
    Forum Member

BWA HA HA! Excellent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My hubby has met a lot of famous people through his job (I've met a few but not as many as him) and he is never ever starstruck but there was one occasion where he was stuck for words and made a bit of an @rse of himself. He came out of a dressing room backstage at the Parkinson show and suddenly came face to face with Billy Connolly who said a cheery "Hello" to him and instead of saying a cheery "Hello" back like he would normally do, he pointed at his face and said in a loud astonished voice "You've got a purple beard!!" to which Billy replied "Oh my God! Have I?" like he didn't know. My hubby felt really stupid but it made me laugh.
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    I have only met one celebrity and that is Lenny Henry and was very nice.
  • Options
    stairwaystairway Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Best Doorman story i heard was when they said DYKWIA, he turned to the queue and shouted " Does anyone know who she is, as she seems to have forgotten "......:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've only ever met jamie carragher and miles kane (both from liverpool)

jamie seemed a bit depressed but we had just been beat by everton :cry:

Miles was very very happy (whispers "drugs" :p)
  • Options
    cobiscobis Posts: 11,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Sheila Ferguson (of the Three Degrees) in the foyer of the Theatre Royal in Newcastle after a performance, she was lovely and we had a bizarre conversation about the pain of wearing high heels!
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    "I met Barrack Obama in Tescos and I can say he was a lovely gentleman who even let me go ahead of him in the queue as I only had a tin of tuna and some potato twirlers. On the other hand I met that Gordon Brown in Waitrose and he needs to learn some manners. He was so stuckup and he spoke in a foreign way that I could not understand a word."

This is so bizarre on so many levels! I'm assuming this isn't a wind-up post. Meeting the President and Prime Minister in supermarkets.

I saw Nigel Kennedy - the very talented violinist - in a Tescos a few months ago. Didn't approach him but he was talking to a female friend and he seemed similar to how he comes across on tv.