Options

BBC Question Time 29/05/2014

Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight's Edition of the topical debate show comes from the Terminal 2 at Heathrow Airport. The Panel tonight are...

David Willets (Conservative University and Science Minister)
Margaret Curran ( Labour Shadow Scottish Secretary)
Louise Bours (UKIP MEP)
Piers Morgan (Former Editor Of The Mirror/Failed Talk Show Host)
Joey Barton (Professional Footballer for Queens Park Rangers)

Comments

• Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus wept, Piers Morgan AND Joey Barton ! There should be a government health warning.
  • Options
    Angie_PlastyAngie_Plasty Posts: 6,333
    Forum Member
    I predict Joey Barton will be sent off in the first half for a professional foul on Piers Morgan.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I predict Joey Barton will be sent off in the first half for a professional foul on Piers Morgan.

One can but hope...
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody from the LibDems were available for comment. :p
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First question will be LibDems and it will be like one of those wildlife programmes where a pack of lions all descend on a fallen bison.

I will stick to Newsnight as usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this could be the best one for a while. Shame I'm working tonight, looks like I'm going to have to record it.
  • Options
    RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Needless to say, I don't think I'll bother with this. I don't mind Joey Barton, at least he could be entertainingly stupid, but I refuse to watch anything with Piers Morgan.

Unless it's his public flogging!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »

Lib Dem Press Office says they were refused a place: http://order-order.com/2014/05/29/libdem-hissy-fit-at-being-dropped-from-question-time/

How bad have things got when they are below Joey Barton and Piers Morgan?
  • Options
    Wise BadgerWise Badger Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joey Barton?

Is he going to be sedated?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Barton??????

Piers Morgan??????

Joey Barton???????

Piers Morgan????

I think QT is going to implode tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nethwen wrote: »

They don't get people from insignificant minor parties on. That's what the Lib Dumbs are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Lib Dem Press Office says they were refused a place: http://order-order.com/2014/05/29/libdem-hissy-fit-at-being-dropped-from-question-time/

How bad have things got when they are below Joey Barton and Piers Morgan?

hahahahahahaha
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »

Remind me, what were the Lib Dems again? Is this one of those 70s ice lollies threads? Anyone remember the Cider one?
  • Options
    jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    says it all if the MOST WELL KNOWN is the failed talk show host!!!!

who isn't a FAILED talk show host :D

and also hoping for a few juicy tackles on the show ..... oh and joey barton's pearls of wisdom :D
  • Options
    AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah... it's wonderful to watch the complete implosion of the Lib Dems, almost makes you think there might be hope for the world after all.
  • Options
    NosediveNosedive Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    trevgo wrote: »
    First question will be LibDems and it will be like one of those wildlife programmes where a pack of lions all descend on a fallen bison.

Louise Bours (UKIP MEP) -

.......Or will it be a first question to UKIP and a 25 minute bear baiting session like Hamilton got last week?

The biassed BBC are going to be fuming after all!
  • Options
    trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joking apart, it is absolutely pathetic.

Some washed up half brain footballer is seen as more appropriate for a political debate programme than a party which will stand in every seat at the next election and forms part of the current government. And is majorly in the News.

Ridiculous piece of programming by the BBC
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remind me, what were the Lib Dems again? Is this one of those 70s ice lollies threads? Anyone remember the Cider one?

The cider ones are still popular down Somerset way. Just about the only part of the country where you'll still find Lib Dem voters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »

and also hoping for a few juicy tackles on the show ..... oh and joey barton's pearls of wisdom :D

Did he not have a Talk Show? Has it not been cancelled because of Rubbish ratings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosedive wrote: »
    Louise Bours (UKIP MEP) -

.......Or will it be a first question to UKIP and a 25 minute bear baiting session like Hamilton got last week?

The biassed BBC are going to be fuming after all!

They've only got a year to try and destroy UKIP and paint them as the new Nazis
  • Options
    nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »

Here's an article to whet your appetite:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10859913/Joey-Barton-Its-good-to-be-underestimated.html

Ahead of his appearance on Question Time, footballer Joey Barton talks to Theo Merz about the rise of Ukip, where the Coalition went wrong and why he really likes Piers Morgan
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've only got a year to try and destroy UKIP and paint them as the new Nazis

UKIP do that to themselves. A week barely goes by before another UKIP member is revealed making some insulting generalisation about a broad category of people. The media simply reports it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Barton on politics

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/the-filter/10859913/Joey-Barton-Its-good-to-be-underestimated.html
    “I personally think if the Conservative party got their act together we wouldn’t need Ukip. The Lib Dems have basically imploded, they’ve sold their souls so they can get into government. That’s left a space for a party; Ukip have taken the protest vote or whatever it is people want to label them. Whilst it’s dangerous to ignore them, it’s even more dangerous to assume they’re going to become a mainstream party. They’ve only got one issue.”

Wow, that's deep. Did he read that in the Bluffers Guide to Politics?
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think It's a shame no one from LibDem is on. They maybe down but not out completely.

Don't think I can stomach Piers Morgan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joey Barton? Dear god. This might be so bad it's good.