Options

Ashley Dodd's 4 months jail sentence is not enough

2»

Comments

• Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On the good side can you imagine how good they felt when finding out it was a lie, like winning the lottery.

So four months seems fair.
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many other calls did he make? Could be dozens but the people he called had a bit more common sense and intelligence not to believe him.

You're blaming parents for being too stupid to realise that anyone would make such a call unless it was true? Their distress was all their own fault?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible thing to do but going to prison because you worried someone for a short period of time seems completely stupid. Waste of money.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible thing to do but going to prison because you worried someone for a short period of time seems completely stupid. Waste of money.
    Hi,

You have just been told your child is dead and you are required to identify the remains laying in the hospital, worry doesn't enter it Scott.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it goes quite a bit further than simply worrying someone. I think the words devastating someone would be better.
  • Options
    alaninmcralaninmcr Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not sure it would be just "for a short period of time". Until the person was caught, I'd be worried why my family had been targeted and whether they were planning to make their sick joke a reality.
  • Options
    talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seacam wrote: »
    Hi,

You have just been told your child is dead and you are required to identify the remains laying in the hospital, worry doesn't enter it Scott.

Since when do hospitals call people up to come in and identify remains? Common sense should come into play, if a fatality is genuine then the person would be visited in person by the police, not a phone call.

Yes prison sentence for this idiot is a good result, but victims calling for anything more is just revenge born out of stupidity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when do hospitals call people up to come in and identify remains? Common sense should come into play, if a fatality is genuine then the person would be visited in person by the police, not a phone call.

Yes prison sentence for this idiot is a good result, but victims calling for anything more is just revenge born out of stupidity.

I repeat, " Where do you think common sense comes in to it if having received such news all thinking senses go out of the window, the world comes to a crashing halt, you go shock and numb and dis-belief is the immediate reaction? "

And having received such a phone call with all your common senses in play--- are you telling me you wouldn't at least make a phone call to check if your child was dead as cool and collected as you might be in such a situation.

Does it really mater if it was a visit or phone call to the hospital or the police,---does it, it would have served it's purpose no matter how long the reaction.

How come it is the victim's part fault to your way of thinking?

I get the point some are making about reasoning and dismissing it,--- it's Dodd, I'm throwing my wrath at, callous, vile, puerile specimen of a being he is.
  • Options
    JurassicMarkJurassicMark Posts: 12,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spoty wrote: »
    On the good side can you imagine how good they felt when finding out it was a lie, like winning the lottery.

So four months seems fair.

That's the way I like to look at it.

Although it was a sick and twisted thing to do, the trauma was temporary (albeit extreme) and it may reinvigorate an appreciation for the value of life in the affected families.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's the way I like to look at it.

Although it was a sick and twisted thing to do, the trauma was temporary (albeit extreme) and it may reinvigorate an appreciation for the value of life in the affected families.
    Yep, I'm sure they appreciate Dodd's thoughtfulness and will send him a Christmas card.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, I'm sure they appreciate Dodd's thoughtfulness and will send him a Christmas card.

Now you're being silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now you're being silly.
    Am I.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I.

Yes. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    WinterLilyWinterLily Posts: 6,308
    Forum Member
    As someone who knows what it is like to have the police knock at your door to inform you a close relative is dead, I believe the prison sentence is fair.

What he did was cruel, immoral, stupid, nasty and totally unacceptable. I believe a jail sentence is appropriate and that is what he got.

The parents would have been in an absolute panic but they found out their child was safe.

Sadly, I didn't.