Options

How did the Kardashians get famous?

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't just the sex tape (though it was the main reason!)
    As many have already said, their dad Robert was involved with the OJ Simpson cases. Kris (their mum) married Bruce who was already kind of famous. After her first divorce, Kim became good friends with Paris and then the sex tape just topped it all off.
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was basically the sex tape that made her famous, partly because brandy's brother ray j was in it, even though he wasn't much of a star at the time. ray j got his reality show and kim k and family got theirs

it's pretty much the same with paris hilton, although she was a bit more known as a socialite due to her huge inheritence and she did a bit of modelling before it, but in both cases the sex tape put them on the map and sparked careers
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their Step-Brother Brody was also a star of The Hills, they were famous before the Hills and the Kardashian show as well I think, I'm pretty sure Brody was on MTV Cribs before he was on any TV show, famous for being Bruce's son basically.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    but at the heart of their fame is the hardcore attention seeking nature of the family. the fact they don't respect having a private life and understand having any integrity.

its finding someone like kim in this case they were lucky to find a family that wanted fame and attention even though none of them have any talent or had to work hard to earn it.

being a mega attention wh*re like kim or paris hilton is a big gift to reality tv producers and thats why her profile is so high even though no one can actually say what she does.

nowadays being famous is about exposure not talent or hard work like having to study a craft like acting. its becoming more shallow and vacuous just like the public who get sucked into it. but hey as long as there is stupid public who lap this crap celebrity culture up like kim, paris, kerry, jordan, peter andre, towie, chantelle etc then there will be fodder like this everywhere.
  • Options
    duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but at the heart of their fame is the hardcore attention seeking nature of the family. the fact they don't respect having a private life and understand having any integrity.

its finding someone like kim in this case they were lucky to find a family that wanted fame and attention even though none of them have any talent or had to work hard to earn it.

being a mega attention wh*re like kim or paris hilton is a big gift to reality tv producers and thats why her profile is so high even though no one can actually say what she does.

nowadays being famous is about exposure not talent or hard work like having to study a craft like acting. its becoming more shallow and vacuous just like the public who get sucked into it. but hey as long as there is stupid public who lap this crap celebrity culture up like kim, paris, kerry, jordan, peter andre, towie, chantelle etc then there will be fodder like this everywhere.

I<3 you.!
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Also the late Johnny Cochrane was OJ's lawyer. How the hell does that sound anything like Kardashian? He was OJ's friend but not his lawyer. You clearly don't know what you are talking about.
    He was a character witness and assisted his team initially in putting their defense together but he didn't represent him, Cochrane did. If you want to take him reading a speech on OJ's behalf when he didn't turn himself in as representing him, I'll give you that, but Cochrane was OJ's actual appointed legal representative. You seem to be confusing the issue here by not clarifying the details as I have done but my point stands, Kardashian didn't represent OJ.

bambii wrote: »
    Actually Robert Kardashian was one of OJ's lawyers in the case...... got a bit of egg on your face there.....:o
    bob_fossil wrote: »
    Well, he reactivated his license and did in fact represent OJ as an attorney on his defence team. I dunno how you can dispute that. It's a well documented fact.
    Casdor wrote: »
    Very sorry, Robert Kardashian was a defense attorney for O.J. not a character witness. In fact, he was standing with the defense team when the verdict was read and he looked totally shocked O.J. got acquitted.

Hahahahaha! Don't you just love it when an arrogant know-it-all ends up looking really stupid? :D
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a character witness and assisted his team initially in putting their defense together but he didn't represent him, Cochrane did. If you want to take him reading a speech on OJ's behalf when he didn't turn himself in as representing him, I'll give you that, but Cochrane was OJ's actual appointed legal representative. You seem to be confusing the issue here by not clarifying the details as I have done but my point stands, Kardashian didn't represent OJ.

You're looking like a plonker. Just YouTube OJ simpson verdict and you'll see Robert Kardashian as one of his lawyers standing right next to him as the verdict is announced.
  • Options
    CasdorCasdor Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    You're looking like a plonker. Just YouTube OJ simpson verdict and you'll see Robert Kardashian as one of his lawyers standing right next to him as the verdict is announced.

Yes looking totally shocked he was acquitted:(
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I dont get some people what the kardashian family have used it that old saying "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" they were given opportunities and they took them, dont tell me that if you where given opportunities that you wouldn't have took them
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No-one's mentioned the fact that they own their own chain of shops, Dash? Kris Jenner had one too, but I don't know what's happened to that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    classless trash ( see also "Katie" Pwice)
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I find there reality show really good :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    through the Kim Kardashian Superstar sex tape with Ray J I watched thier E! True Hollywood Story the other day, her father was also OJ Simpsons Lawyer and ran a Music Business and she made money from selling clothes on eBay which later developed her into being a stylist to the stars which is how she met Ray J and it all went from there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

Dont be embarrassed I love it too my brother watches it too and all spin off shows its great watching
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Still waiting for a sorry I got it wrong Superbeast!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I really don't think those girls are atttractive at all. They wear far too much make up.
  • Options
    bob_fossilbob_fossil Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hehe they would said sorry (or backed up their attitude) by now. Must be hiding in another thread until this the dust of this thread, settles! ;)
  • Options
    The Drunk DietThe Drunk Diet Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Dont be embarrassed I love it too my brother watches it too and all spin off shows its great watching
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »

Me too. :o
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you'll be waiting a long time for that! Just console yourself with the fact that SuperBeast made himself look EXTREMELY stupid. The fact that he came across so matter-of-fact, rude and aggressive in his posts makes it all the more satisfying to see him being made to look like a complete idiot! :D
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member

i have even Sky plus episodes on E! for the past week :eek:

Kim is so hot but she has hardly been in any episodes lately :cry: im watching episodes from 2010 as i can only get to watch the episodes at 12:30am.

the whole family is hilarious especially the mum :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a Dash tracksuit when I was about 17, thinking back I think it was more suited to a 90 year old. It's only very recently that I realised that this Dash brand was the Kardashians. I got it from Debenhams, but haven't seen the Dash brand in there for years and years.
  • Options
    Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their dad was OJ Simpson's lawyer.
    Kim had a sex tape and was formerly bffs with Paris Hilton.

Their mother is an A+ stage mother and manager.
  • Options
    CasdorCasdor Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grotbags1 wrote: »
    I had a Dash tracksuit when I was about 17, thinking back I think it was more suited to a 90 year old. It's only very recently that I realised that this Dash brand was the Kardashians. I got it from Debenhams, but haven't seen the Dash brand in there for years and years.

Oh my God that's funny:D I have seen bits and pieces of the show when the girls are in DASH and there are hardly any clothes hanging up and the girls look so lazy, like they don't even do any work!