Question regarding USB flash drive

dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I want to put some videos and music on this USB flash drive i havent purchased it yet but thinking about it, it will be for my friend who has a bluray player with a USB port on there would it be compatable. This is the item im thinking of purchasing something around the 16 gb mark would be ideal. SanDisk SDCZ50-016G-B35 CZ50 16 GB Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 Flash Drive

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you mean will the flash drive itself be compatible with the player then it probably will.

If you mean will the video files you store on the flash drive be compatible with the player then that is a whole different question. Most players have a limited set of formats they can play so you would need to check exactly what video formats the player can handle. Don't assume that because it plays perfectly on your computer that it will also play perfectly on the Blu-Ray player.

So sorting out a flash drive to plug into the player is the least of your worries. Making sure that what's on it can be played back is the bigger headache more often than not.