Options

Anyone else getting fed up of Richard Hammond?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    certainly not getting fed up with him in fact i want more :o

So...The programme is of lesser importance?
    Surely you don't mean, any old tat will do as long as he's in it?
    If so, you're just the sort of viewer the BBC aims much of their current output.

Still, each to their own.... enjoy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    By people Polina, you of course mean you?

I'm not posting "against" anyone, I'm posting my observations on his presentation style.

Cadbury looks happy to be with GRJ as he probably thinks that every time they get out of the canoe, they're going home.

I definitely remember other people commenting on it! But yes, having read some of your previous comments (a lengthy preview post on Losing It comes to mind....) I'll always comment.

In re the original subject of the thread, I didn't know Hammond was doing much these days. So no, I'm not fed up with his as he barely registers on my radar
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polina wrote: »
    I definitely remember other people commenting on it! But yes, having read some of your previous comments (a lengthy preview post on Losing It comes to mind....) I'll always comment.

///
    Really? It must have made more of an impression on you than me, because I've "lost it."
    I rarely commit to memory stuff of passing interest on message boards.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that he seems to be on everything, but I do like him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really? It must have made more of an impression on you than me, because I've "lost it."
    I rarely commit to memory stuff of passing interest on message boards.

The advantages of a retentive memory!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The advantages of a retentive memory!
    Yes!
    It's amazing how much trivia some people can retain, isn't it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is indeed......no wonder I appreciate the occasional pearl...

BTW is Hammond ever going to have a sensible hair cut again? He looks very peculiar!
  • Options
    TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Hislop has made several good documentaries; I enjoyed those on; WW1 War Memorials; The Scout Movement and Victorian Schools, but then he's a well read and educated man and very conversant with his topics.

Don't forget the excellent one about British Rail.

I think if a presenter makes a documentary about subjects they have genuine interest in, it makes for a better show. Hammond's Evel Kinevel doc and most of James May's shows are evidence of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I never thought about him one way or the other but he's everywhere! Obviously the BBC's "golden boy" of the moment. They seem to do that; get obsessed with whoever is flavour of the month with the public and milk them until there's nothing left. It was John Barrowman, Graham Norton, and Horne and Cordon who were ridiculously overexposed before Hammond's turn.
  • Options
    Sierra-OscarSierra-Oscar Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alilinzee wrote: »
    Nope...I adore Richard...and Jeremy...and especially James...so there...:p

Agreed ;)
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BTW is Hammond ever going to have a sensible hair cut again? He looks very peculiar!

He has taken the 70s grunge look a little too far - that mop is wilder than May's!! :eek::D

I do like TG though.

Hammond gained a lot of popularity in the aftermath of his crash in 2006.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed ;)

bet i adore them more :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His high hair is bigger than his entire body, it doesn't look right, and hes annoying.
  • Options
    OldvinylOldvinyl Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guy that beat Clarkson, May and The Stig in a race across London by using a bike, will always be ok in my book:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you do not like him why watch him.It is all avoidable.
    I think he is kinda cute in a way, though I do not "fancy" him at all..Then again I only see him on Top Gear
  • Options
    revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's ruining Total Wipeout for me. If they cut all the scenes where he attempts to make humorous quips about the contestants they could shave 20 minutes off the bloody show.
  • Options
    MiHMiH Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a throwaway comment during the news section of a recent Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson started talking about Felipe Massa's crash and then asked if he'd suddenly be really, really irritating when he came back like Hammond had. It was a joke, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt a twinge of agreement.

I really liked him a few years ago. I liked his presenting style, chirpy, happy, a bit quirky and you got the sense that he was just a nice guy with loads of enthusiasm. Really watchable and you can see why he became the 'golden boy'

But in the last few years he seems to have turned into a bit of a parody of himself through just trying too hard I think. Every mannerism seems exaggerated and it's getting to the point where he's completely lost all his charm as a presenter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So...The programme is of lesser importance?
    Surely you don't mean, any old tat will do as long as he's in it?
    If so, you're just the sort of viewer the BBC aims much of their current output.

Still, each to their own.... enjoy!

When it comes RH yes the programme is of lesser importance;) and im proud to say that. Really missing him now Total Wipeout and Top Gear have finished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MiH wrote: »
    There was a throwaway comment during the news section of a recent Top Gear where Jeremy Clarkson started talking about Felipe Massa's crash and then asked if he'd suddenly be really, really irritating when he came back like Hammond had. It was a joke, but I'm sure I wasn't the only one who felt a twinge of agreement.

I really liked him a few years ago. I liked his presenting style, chirpy, happy, a bit quirky and you got the sense that he was just a nice guy with loads of enthusiasm. Really watchable and you can see why he became the 'golden boy'

But in the last few years he seems to have turned into a bit of a parody of himself through just trying too hard I think. Every mannerism seems exaggerated and it's getting to the point where he's completely lost all his charm as a presenter.
    I'm sure his head injury has changed him, he often seems mentally fatigued in the recorded sequences, says things of hardly any interest, and after editing they're presumably showing the best things he says so it's a bit sad. On top of which the BBC seem to be overworking him.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Camino wrote: »
    Really missing him now Total Wipeout and Top Gear have finished.
    If you have the National Geographic channel, he presenting a new series of Engineering Connections now. The first ep was this week. (It had a weak start with the Prussic knots, but got better.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    If you have the National Geographic channel, he presenting a new series of Engineering Connections now. The first ep was this week. (It had a weak start with the Prussic knots, but got better.)

Damn i dont have that channel, thanks brangdon :D