There's little or no conversation!

Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just realised there's absolutely no conversation in the house. Just normal, chewing the fat, two-way - dare I say, light hearted? conversation. Instead, they're either projecting opinion, questioning, arguing, issuing statements about others as fact, or assessing (annihilating) HMs' personalities/behaviour. No wonder it's a laugh a minute!

Comments

• TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I'm sure there is, we're just not seeing it.
  • sheils1sheils1 Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just realised there's absolutely no conversation in the house. Just normal, chewing the fat, two-way - dare I say, light hearted? conversation. Instead, they're either projecting opinion, questioning, arguing, issuing statements about others as fact, or assessing (annihilating) HMs' personalities/behaviour. No wonder it's a laugh a minute!

You got to remember we only see an hour a night, so we dont really know what happens in there for the other 23 hours.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what frustrates me about the show every year. All they ever seem to do judging by the highlights is constantly talk about each other. You don't see anything else.

Last year when it was less bitchy, the main topic of conversation was how they were being perceived by "The Public". Which was ridiculous because you never saw them do anything but discuss how they were being perceived, so how could we even have a perception of them.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Of course there is...but the editors think we would rather watch bitching and arguing all the time.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    AcerBen wrote: »
    This is what frustrates me about the show every year. All they ever seem to do judging by the highlights is constantly talk about each other. You don't see anything else.

Last year when it was less bitchy, the main topic of conversation was how they were being perceived by "The Public". Which was ridiculous because you never saw them do anything but discuss how they were being perceived, so how could we even have a perception of them.

I'm sure I read a post the other day about Matthew saying they spend a lot of time talking about it this year. All edited out, obviously.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    BROXI BEAR wrote: »
    Of course there is...but the editors think we would rather watch bitching and arguing all the time.

And Steven's bloody infrared fingerblasts. :(
  • VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There were a few last night between Jale and Marlon and one between Marlon and Danielle. Jale is one of the few that sits with people and has deep and meaningful conversations. Viewers don't want that, the want vicious gossip and petty bickering.
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tragically, yes; tragically WRONG. We like all the fun, weird, and Normal interactions far more.
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member

We do get the impression from the highlights that they only talk about themselves and each other don't we?

With occasional references to what sounds like an interesting conversation, usually involving Chris, Christopher or Jale.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

This seems to be a mainstay topic this year as well. They nearly all seem really image conscious. Which begs the question.., IF they are all so hung up on their image and how the public perceive them why on earth do they behave as they do?
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We do get the impression from the highlights that they only talk about themselves and each other don't we?

With occasional references to what sounds like an interesting conversation, usually involving Chris, Christopher or Jale.

I wish they'd realise we equally crave some normality! I'd even settle for them cooking an egg for the very first time - and singing about it! A-hum. :D
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    I wish they'd realise we equally crave some normality! I'd even settle for them cooking an egg for the very first time - and singing about it! A-hum. :D

Those were the days!
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This seems to be a mainstay topic this year as well. They nearly all seem really image conscious. Which begs the question.., IF they are all so hung up on their image and how the public perceive them why on earth do they behave as they do?

It always annoys me that they say "The Public" as opposed to "The Viewers". Like the entire "Great British Public" are watching the show, when most of us don't give a hoot.
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member

Agreed. It would be interesting to see them having a good natter or a good laugh for a change.

So do I!....some normality would make the HM's appear less one-dimensional to me.
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    It always annoys me that they say "The Public" as opposed to "The Viewers". Like the entire "Great British Public" are watching the show, when most of us don't give a hoot.

Maybe they are all so deluded that they think the ratings are going to more than triple this year, and its not helpful when some of them resort to calling the public names lol :o

We really haven't been allowed to get to know them all, we only ever see them talk about the other HM and what they've done in the house.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member

A little less conversation, a little more action, please. All this aggravation ain't satisfactionin' me. A little more bite, a little less bark. A little less fight and a little more spark.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's conversation, but it usually revolves around relationships with Steven driveling on and Kimberly droning on.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »

A little less conversation, a little more action, please. All this aggravation ain't satisfactionin' me. A little more bite, a little less bark. A little less fight and a little more spark.

haha - thanks Elvis! :D
  • summertime09summertime09 Posts: 10,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    There were a few last night between Jale and Marlon and one between Marlon and Danielle. Jale is one of the few that sits with people and has deep and meaningful conversations. Viewers don't want that, the want vicious gossip and petty bickering.

I think THEY think they know what viewers want to watch, they would be surprised that many DONT want a constant bitchfest and arguments, I would love to see BB try to help HMs resolve issues.
  • prometheusdebprometheusdeb Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The highlights shows have got steadily worse over the years. In the past they used to at least make a stab at showing some fun, some general conversations and some day to day "domestic" stuff. We don't even see them doing the shopping list anymore.

The whole thing is just a disjointed mess, jumping from one out of context bitching session to another, with the odd argument thrown in for good measure.
  • HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    I think THEY think they know what viewers want to watch, they would be surprised that many DONT want a constant bitchfest and arguments, I would love to see BB try to help HMs resolve issues.

How can they when the majority of the arguments are started by BB dodo stirring.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matthew has mentioned on twitter that they do talk a lot but none of it seems to make the highlights.
  • Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm cross that we're dependent on which HMs and highlights the editors choose to show. Can't make real sense of what's going on without live feed. Evicted HMs sometimes refer to incidents which we haven't seen and which may have influenced the vote.
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    At the moment I feel there is so many things wrong with Big Brother it needs to take a break as the highlight show is a mess and there's no live feed (even a couple of hours late at night would work). We can't say there's no conversation as we don't see it as they think we all want bitching all the time