Options

Should EastEnders bring in the New Zealand Beales?

james_killroyjames_killroy Posts: 1,210
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Kenny Beale and his daughter Elizabeth emigrated over there. We haven't heard anything about them since. Kenny could have had more children while Elizabeth could be married with kids herself.

Do you think its time that EastEnders invested in extending the Beale family as we enter the shows 30th year on air?

Are Aunty Betty and Aunty Nellie still alive? why do they never get a mention from Ian?

Comments

• Options
    Nebworth90Nebworth90 Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Once the Lucy storyline is over I think that'd be a good idea. I'd love to see a Fowler resurgence with Martin, mark jr and Michelle returning but I don't see that ever happening. So more beales wouldn't be a bad thing.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,305
    Forum Member
    Who is Aunt Betty?
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm holding out for James Alexandrou. I really think DTC hasn't split Martin and Sonia up because something is planned. I don't think we will ever see Michelle again sadly but it would be time to bring back Vicki.

If they did decide to bring in more Beale's from Kenny's side they should cast Jason Donovan either as Elizabeth's husband or Kenny's son. Which would probably mean a retcon but who really cares thesedays lol. I know Jason is also an Aussie not a Kiwi but they could easily explain it away.
    Scrabbler wrote: »
    Who is Aunt Betty?

She was Lou's sister but only appeared once in my memory and that was at Arthur's funeral.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,305
    Forum Member
    I'm holding out for James Alexandrou. I really think DTC hasn't split Martin and Sonia up because something is planned. I don't think we will ever see Michelle again sadly but it would be time to bring back Vicki.

If they did decide to bring in more Beale's from Kenny's side they should cast Jason Donovan either as Elizabeth's husband or Kenny's son. Which would probably mean a retcon but who really cares thesedays lol. I know Jason is also an Aussie not a Kiwi but they could easily explain it away.

She was Lou's sister but only appeared once in my memory and that was at Arthur's funeral.

Thanks, had never heard of her before.
  • Options
    wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not yet but I would like it to happen in future. I think Martin might be returning. Sonya and Martin are still together and I think he will be back soon. Wishful thinking though!
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be interested if something likes that happen would they cast real kiwis or cast English actor who puts on an accent (as our accent is nothing like an aussie accent)
    just saying
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope Martin has had a few more kids, we need more Fowlers!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth and Kenny were dull on their first visit in 1988

The actor that played Kenny is dead, and the character would be in his 70's
  • Options
    BrooksideBrookside Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Beale
    Peter Beale
    Bobby Beale

Steven Beale
    Jane Beale
    Cindy Junior Williams
    David Wicks

Ben Mitchell
    Lexi Pearce
    Rebecca Fowler
    Bianca Jackson
    Liam Butcher
    Tiffany Butcher
    Morgan Butcher

That would be enough for me to be honest if all those characters were in it. 4 of them have gone/going already.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Yes - long overdue.

Kenny who would now be quite old, could decide that as he nears his twilight years, he wants to die back in the homeland, and moves back to Walford. It's a pity they killed Pat, as she would have had a bond.

He could bring Elizabeth & her family over, and if the characters are unsucessful, they can kill Kenny & send Liz back.

It'd be good to build up the Beales & Fowlers again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ozcabs wrote: »
    Yes - long overdue.

Kenny who would now be quite old, could decide that as he nears his twilight years, he wants to die back in the homeland, and moves back to Walford. It's a pity they killed Pat, as she would have had a bond.

He could bring Elizabeth & her family over, and if the characters are unsucessful, they can kill Kenny & send Liz back.

It'd be good to build up the Beales & Fowlers again

Good idea.
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Australian actors have a history of appearing in English soaps. Not sure about New Zealand ones though.

There's still Harry Beale, brother of Pauline, knocking about in England somewhere.

As for writing off the character of Kenny because he's in his 70s. That's just silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they cant find any kiwi actors they could just say Kenny moved over to Australia in the early 90s. That way they could use Australian actors who now live and work here such as Lisa Gormley and as suggested already, Jason Donovan. I'm sure there are lots more.

Anne Charleston could play his wife.
  • Options
    GeekInfectedGeekInfected Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    Why not? We could nickname them the New Bealends
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? We could nickname them the New Bealends

And Ian the Old Bellend?
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as numbers go the Beale's are in good shape should certain things happen. Cindy will surely return to take Lucy's spot. Then there's her baby. Bobby has been recast which should mean a more capable actor like they did with Martin and James Alexandrou. I suspect they'll put Ian and Jane back together. Then Peter makes a grand total of six.

The original household, once Martin was born, had six also so the house should have as much life in it come the anniversary as it did in 1985. Just down to the writers to keep this murder plot going.

Edit - If they look at bringing in another adult they could always bring back or recast Jane's mum.