Sky Talk Unlimited

FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What does unlimited means if I get Sky Talk Anytime International?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 73
    Forum Member
    Unlimited calls to 50 international countries+unlimited UK landline calls including 0845/0870
  • jthspacejthspace Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    We have it as partners sister lives in France.

Just remember to hang up at 59 minutes and redial. If you go over 60 minutes, they charge for the whole time at full rate - i.e. a 68 minute call will be charged for the whole 68 minutes. Fair enough, the rules are clear, but been caught out once or twice. Even so, I am ahead of the deal on total costs :)

Jeff
  • FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jthspace wrote: »
    We have it as partners sister lives in France.

Just remember to hang up at 59 minutes and redial. If you go over 60 minutes, they charge for the whole time at full rate - i.e. a 68 minute call will be charged for the whole 68 minutes. Fair enough, the rules are clear, but been caught out once or twice. Even so, I am ahead of the deal on total costs :)

Jeff

So, that means that for first 60 of calling, the call is free, correct?
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,026
    Forum Member
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

Yes, but remember to hang up after 59 minutes and call them again

Countries that are included are on Sky's website
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »

yes, but if you don't hang up then you are charged for the full length of the call, not just the part after the first 60 minutes.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jthspace wrote: »
    Just remember to hang up at 59 minutes and redial. If you go over 60 minutes, they charge for the whole time at full rate - i.e. a 68 minute call will be charged for the whole 68 minutes. Fair enough, the rules are clear, but been caught out once or twice.
    chenks wrote: »
    yes, but if you don't hang up then you are charged for the full length of the call, not just the part after the first 60 minutes.

Not according to Sky's website, if anyone has been charged for the full call, they need to make a complaint, as jthspace says, the rules are clear.

http://www.sky.com/shop/broadband-talk/talk-anytime-international/

UK landlines & 0870 numbers
    Inclusive
    for the first 60 minutes
    9.5p
    per minute thereafter,
    or you can hang up and redial

http://www.sky.com/shop/__PDF/SkyTalkTariff_Guide_Dec_2014v1.pdf

Unlimited calls to 50 popular destinations last up to an hour after which standard Sky international rates apply,
    or you can hang up and redial as often as you like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not according to Sky's website, if anyone has been charged for the full call, they need to make a complaint, as jthspace says, the rules are clear.=

sky must be different to all other providers then.
    BT certainly charge you the full length of the call if you don't hang up after 60 mins.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sky must be different to all other providers then.
    BT certainly charge you the full length of the call if you don't hang up after 60 mins.

Nope, BT only charge for the time over 60 minutes as well.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=33572

Unlimited UK landline calls are for up to an hour to numbers beginning 01, 02 & 03, after which pence-per-minute rates apply. You can hang up and redial before the end to avoid charges.

As i am with BT, i have just checked my bill, and i have 2 calls going over the 1 hour mark, which have been charged as follows:

Wed 01 Oct 14 21:06
    016*****28
    S******s 1:21:20 £1.980

Tue 30 Sep 14 13:39
    016******28
    S********s 1:01:34 £0.180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope, BT only charge for the time over 60 minutes as well.

my BT bill would disagree with that.

so it seems we have people in this thread on Sky and BT that are being charged the full length of the call rather than just the minutes after the first 60.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my BT bill would disagree with that.

so it seems we have people in this thread on Sky and BT that are being charged the full length of the call rather than just the minutes after the first 60.

My package is on BT Anytime calls, whether that makes a difference, it shouldn't, but maybe they charge for the whole call when you go over if you are on evenings & weekends package, but not if you pay for the Anytime upgrade, only thing i can think of.

Their calling package page definately makes it sound like you only pay for the part after the first hour, as they state up to 1 hour, and then thereafter:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf

Page 5:

Unlimited Weekend Calls
    Calls – up to 1 hour All Day 9 0
    Calls – thereafter All Day 9 9
    Unlimited Evening &

Weekend Calls
    Calls – up to 1 hour
    Daytime 9 0
    Evening 0 0

Unlimited Anytime Calls
    Calls – up to 1 hour All Day 0 0

Home Phone Saver
    Calls – up to 1 hour All Day 0 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My package is on BT Anytime calls, whether that makes a difference, it shouldn't, but maybe they charge for the whole call when you go over if you are on evenings & weekends package, but not if you pay for the Anytime upgrade, only thing i can think of.

package here is evenings and weekends.