Big Brother's Little Court

Comments

• kiyaykiyay Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mardymoo wrote: »
    But ! we are not the ones taking money and accepting gifts and adoration from these people.
    So you agree that josie's cruel taunts have the potential to hurt her fans ?

I thought her refering to fans and her former self as fatties was thoughtless and disrespectful to people who were in the same position now as she'd been in previously when overweight and unhappy about it and I think anyone here who uses that as an excuse to throw out similar kinds of jibes, fat jokes or the like is just as thoughtless and disrespectful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,918
    Forum Member
    kiyay wrote: »
    I thought her refering to fans and her former self as fatties was thoughtless and disrespectful to people who were in the same position now as she'd been in previously when overweight and unhappy about it and I think anyone here who uses that as an excuse to throw out similar kinds of jibes, fat jokes or the like is just as thoughtless and disrespectful.

Enormous ...Adjective...Very large in size,

There is a big difference to someone saying the truth about a group of people who are not hanging onto your every word,

AND

Calling a group of people who have supported you for nearly 3 years, spent money on you etc etc FATTIES is thoughtless and disrespectful
    Forum Member
    Where is the next Mucker petition ? i thought they would have been right in there when the Pope announced his resignation :D:D
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the next Mucker petition ? i thought they would have been right in there when the Pope announced his resignation :D:D

My vote goes to Bishop Len Brennan :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

dammit, if only she hadn't been forced to have that abortion! :D
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't think it's disrespectful to note that Josie, from BB onwards, appealed to a particular demographic - women carrying a bit of extra timber. She was doing it for the big girls. There was the Curvissa contract.
    Now I'm not saying all overweight people voted for Josie, or that skinny minnies didn't. But that pitch, coupled with the "big girl gets the hottie" line was a huge chunk of the brand message.
    Every BB contestant and then Zeleb needs to build a following - first for votes, then to flog stuff to if they want a famewhore career.

Josie called herself various names, including "bit of a heifer". Other people who also considered themselves to be a "bit of a heifer" were bound to be attracted. She dubbed herself and them "fatties", insisted she would never be skinny (how reassuring to her cherished fellow fatties) and was pictured stuffing her face.
    Drum roll
    ... And then she shrunk herself down to a trout pout on legs. She's now flogging her fatties the 30 sec exercise DVD and telling them how to diet.

It's showmanship that Dave the Monk would have to acknowledge.
    Forum Member
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    damn, if only she hadn't been forced to have that abortion! :D

The muckers will sweep that under the papal carpet ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enormous ...Adjective...Very large in size,

There is a big difference to someone saying the truth about a group of people who are not hanging onto your every word,

AND

Calling a group of people who have supported you for nearly 3 years, spent money on you etc etc FATTIES is thoughtless and disrespectful

So ones just the truth and the others an insult? I wonder if people who it affects in any negative way feel the same
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The muckers will sweep that under the papal carpet ;)

That would be an ecumenical matter :cool: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Could someone not make a poll for the jury?

Who should be the next Pope
    a) Josie Gibson in purple Spandex
    b) Rylan in a purple mankini
    c) Speidi sewn into a purple onesie
    d) Alex Reid in a purple S&M get up
    e) Chantelle in a purple carrier bag
    f) some old wobbly man in a purple dress
    Forum Member
    That would be an ecumenical matter :cool: :D

Nothing a good hoover wouldnt solve :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So ones just the truth and the others an insult? I wonder if people who it affects in any negative way feel the same

By the same token, if someone isn't offended by being called a 'fattie' by someone they like and possibly admire why should a different choice of word upset them from perfect strangers? Personally, I would be more upset by the one more personal to me :confused:
    Forum Member
    MargMck wrote: »

My vote goes for F might as well replace like for like :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My vote goes for F might as well replace like for like :D

I hope they don't choose a fat one, Josie will be tweeting him with advice in no time. Popes have twitter these days, I've discovered.
    Forum Member

Put it another way.. who would you be most upset by if they called you a derogatory name.. a stranger or someone who you looked up to, and who you had supported for a few years and even spent your hard earned cash on ? and who made out on a regular basis that they loved you and classed you as a friend ?

And yes one is the truth and one is more of an insult.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

D for me - but would rather not say why in mixed company:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the same token, if someone isn't offended by being called a 'fattie' by someone they like and possibly admire why should a different choice of word upset them from perfect strangers? Personally, I would be more upset by the one more personal to me :confused:

I just think the moral compass is strange where Josie is criticised for calling her fans fatties but it's somehow okay when other people call them fat, fatties, gluttons, enormous etc because they're either following her example , a bad one, or they're just stating a fact and so it's fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

or g) Luke A, a new gender-transcending pope for these enlightened times of consumer choice :D
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't choose a fat one, Josie will be tweeting him with advice in no time. Popes have twitter these days, I've discovered.

Lucky for the next Pope that Italys dvd players run on a different format :D A Pope doing star jumps while chewing on a lettuce leaf would not be a good look ;)
  • scout2006scout2006 Posts: 7,084
    Forum Member

How about

g) Prince in the Purple Rain
    Forum Member
    I just think the moral compass is strange where Josie is criticised for calling her fans fatties but it's somehow okay when other people call them fat, fatties, gluttons, enormous etc because they're either following her example , a bad one, or they're just stating a fact and so it's fine.

I never mentioned any other word except 'enormous' and when someone weighs 20ish stone they are enormous,in the true definition of the word, no ifs or buts about it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Put it another way.. who would you be most upset by if they called you a derogatory name.. a stranger or someone who you looked up to, and who you had supported for a few years and even spent your hard earned cash on ? and who made out on a regular basis that they loved you and classed you as a friend ?

And yes one is the truth and one is more of an insult.

If someone called me a derogatory name friend or not i'd either tell them to do one or ignore them.

So you think both are insulting you're just arguing degree of insult?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lucky for the next Pope that Italys dvd players run on a different format :D A Pope doing star jumps while chewing on a lettuce leaf would not be a good look ;)

Could change the Communion wine to Champagne - it's better for you apparently
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well some of them call themselves fatties:

Comment on the Josie DVD page on facebook:
    "Love josie, such a lovely person, makes all us fatties believe that if she can do, so can we, brought DVD today"
    :D
This discussion has been closed.