Samsung SMT-S7800

Hi,
I originally set up my S7800 on a single LNB. I have now changed to a dual LNB but the box still only recognises 1 LNB and wont allow me to view and record at the same time. I'm guessing that I need to rerun the initial setup program again. Can anyone confirm that this is the case and how can I make the setup run again. I presume that if I use the reset to factory defaults then this will work but I don't want to lose all the stored programs that I have. (Does the reset cause all saved programs to be lost?) Any advice welcome.

Comments

• -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Just perform a factory reset.
    Recordings will only disappear if a HDD format is done, you will have to reset any planned recordings though.
  • stillgotaboxstillgotabox Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi,

I've noticed white dots appearing on the picture. I have connected it to another TV and the same problem occurs. I swapped it out with a Sky+HD box and no such problem - a clear picture.

Any ideas what could be wrong with the SMT-S7800? I have signed into my samsung and the products I have registered are no longer listed and I'm unable to locate this box to register it once again.

Does anyone also know if there are any other freesat+HD STBs with EPG in non-freesat mode that also allow favourite channels to be renumbered like this box?

Thank you
  • stillgotaboxstillgotabox Posts: 727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ignore my post above