Comments

• tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Flippant and cynical I guess.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was a bit funny, and not at all racist. The FACT of the matter is there was indeed child labour within Apples supply chain in china. So at most maybe a bit sensitive.
  • Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    basdfg wrote: »
    Does the women who complained work for the mail. Or asked to make it by them. Can't imagine anyone who would find it racist would then contact the Mail. Contradicts people. Wouldn't surprise me.

Considering the lengths they've gont to to dig up dirt on others who criticised them over the Ed Milliband stuff, I wouldn't be surprised.

In Alan Sugar's case, he also won a libel claim against them years ago.:D

I wanted to check the facts of this, so did a quick google search for "Alan Sugar sues Daily Mail", and I just got loads of hits on the Daily Mail website reporting how people were threatening to sue him. It was quite hard to find out that those claims were unsuccessful. :rolleyes:
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit funny, and not at all racist. The FACT of the matter is there was indeed child labour within Apples supply chain in china. So at most maybe a bit sensitive.

I wonder who made his imported, far eastern electrical products?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    nanscombe wrote: »
    I wonder who made his imported, far eastern electrical products?

At the time, they were all assembled in the UK.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member

No wonder they broke easy :D

I used to know someone who worked for Radio Rentals back in the day and he told me they had more problems with Amstrad products than any other one
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clearly it was a joke and you'd have to actually actively looking to be offended to find anything wrong with it
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,165
    Forum Member
    A slow news day I suppose.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we go again - people trying their hardest to find racism WHERE IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Does my tits in.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's just that I was looking at the Amstrad wiki page and noticed this and wondered who the workers might have been ...
    1960s and 1970s[edit]
    Amstrad was founded in 1968 by Lord Sugar at the age of 21, the name of the original company being AMS Trading (Amstrad) Limited, derived from Lord Sugar's initials (Alan Michael Sugar). Amstrad entered the market in the field of consumer electronics. During the 1970s they were at the forefront of low-priced hi-fi, TV and car stereo cassette technologies. Lower prices were achieved by injection moulding plastic hi-fi turntable covers, undercutting competitors who used the vacuum forming process.

Amstrad expanded to the marketing of low cost, low quality amplifiers and tuners, imported from the Far East and badged with the Amstrad name for the UK market. Their first electrical product was the Amstrad 8000 amplifier, which Sugar would describe later as "the biggest load of rubbish I've ever seen in my life."[1]
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    That girl needs a good rogering to wipe that smirk off her face.

You're trying far too hard to little discernible effect. Inefficient troll is inefficient.
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Here we go again - people trying their hardest to find racism WHERE IT DOES NOT EXIST.

Does my tits in.

Not really. "People" suggests more than one.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Lushness wrote: »
    A slow news day I suppose.

I Don't know about that.
    A slow day at the metropolitan police hate crimes unit may be.
    A Lord of the realm being accused of racism is newsworthy I'd say, even if it is plainly a load of old shite. Merseyside Police hate Crime unit declared it a hate incident and it will go on file.
    So next time you see hate sats being spouted it's worth remembering this case if nothing else.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    stoatie wrote: »
    You're trying far too hard to little discernible effect. Inefficient troll is inefficient.

I'll have to stick to those worn out 4chan memes in future then.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wasn't racist, and one numpty complained, which meant the motions of an investigation had to be undertaken, rather than the complainant being told to stop wasting time, which should be an option.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    I'll have to stick to those worn out 4chan memes in future then.

Touche.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    She's probably just an extreme right winger looking to get a hit on a Labour peer... they like to make "racism" accusations" because they think it's the worst thing anyone can accuse anyone of because of their own guilt.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    Not really. "People" suggests more than one.
    Aye, of course, but we've all read silly, pointless stories like this before where some twonk is too quick to play the racism card.
    This latest numpty is just another one in a long line of bored attention seekers.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does someone from the Tax Payers Alliance have a dad that works for the Mail...? Those wannabe UK tea partiers seem to be able to get the paper to report on any story they want - no matter how trivial it is
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    Aye but we've all read silly, pointless stories like this before where some twonk is too quick to play the racism card.
    This latest numpty is just another one in a long line of bored attention seekers.

That's true, but people make bullshit complaints to stuff all the time. But still this one somehow made the news, and somehow we all decided to spend our morning talking about it.
  • JusticarJusticar Posts: 1,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid cow. She looks like the sort who posts those glittery pseudo-philosophical photo captions on Facebook and goes to Magaluf on her holidays.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    Nah she's probably a member of the EDL and she thinks this will subvert the great EVIL Political Correctness and gain sympathy for the cause and drinks in East End pubs whinging endlessly about immigration.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm missing something but isn't it a dig at apple rather than the Chinese race? Knee jerk reaction from the woman which is clear by her hesitancy in making a formal statement later.

She's not quite climbed to the lofty, overly confident height of being one of the professionally offended yet . :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Justicar wrote: »
    Stupid cow. She looks like the sort who posts those glittery pseudo-philosophical photo captions on Facebook and goes to Magaluf on her holidays.

Haha. Wonderfully descriptive.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    star trek mr sulu. george takei posted something on facebook surprise me. as the pc do gooders recall it racist. it was a joke about the k k k and were shop. I cannot post on here as it would up set the pc do gooders types.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    Nah she's probably a member of the EDL and she thinks this will subvert the great EVIL Political Correctness and gain sympathy for the cause and drinks in East End pubs whinging endlessly about immigration.

Yes, some people are such parodies of left-wing mentality as to make you wonder.