Options

What songs would you dance to?

If you were a strictly contestant which songs would you like to dance to? My choices would be...

Cha-cha-cha - Dancing in the Moonlight (Toploader)
Waltz - If we were words we would rhyme (Gruff Rhys)
Salsa - La Bomba (Ricky Martin)
Jive - Crazy little thing called love (Queen)
Charleston - Bear Necessities (from The Jungle Book)
Tango - Little drop of poison (Tom Waits)
Quickstep - The rhythm of life (Sammy Davis Jr.)
Argetine Tango - Whatever lola wants (Gotan project version)
Foxtrot - It might as well be spring (from State Fair, lots of people have sung it)
Rumba - While my guitar gently weeps (George Harrison - but one of the slowed down versions)

My imaginary showdance would be a waltz/jive fusion type of thing to 'It's oh so quiet' by Bjork.

Not sure about samba, american smooth, paso doble or viennese waltz.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    I posted this a few days ago about my fantasy Strictly experience. I think people thought I was joking but this is truly what I would want to dance to -

Week 1 - Waltz
    Aljaz - Coles Corner (Richard Hawley)
    It's so romantic the national birth rate goes up 50% nine months after my performance. The rehearsals go well except Aljaz keeps stopping to propose to me. It's embarrassing! We've only just met.

Week 2 - Cha Cha Cha
    Iveta - La Bamba - (Ritchie Valens)
    Gosh, Iveta and I are practically body doubles! We each wear dresses that weigh 50lbs but it doesn't matter because we're fabulous. It's all going well until someone in the canteen asks if he can have a selfie with The Cheeky Girls. Iveta is from Lithuania, she doesn't understand why I'm crying.

Week 3 - Foxtrot
    Brendan - The Very Thought of You (Ella Fitzgerald)
    Brendan gets his mojo back and we're like Fred and Ginge! Aljaz can't cope with me dancing with another man. There are fisticuffs. The Daily Mail reports of 'backstage tensions' don't even cover half of it.

Week 4 - Jive
    Pasha - Dreaming (Blondie)
    We're Debbie Harry and Andy Warhol at CBGBs and we're soooo cool! The comedy VT involves Pasha in a Warhol-esque film called The Dance Factory. He's so happy he cries.

Week 5 - Tango
    Aliona - This Town Ain't Big Enough for the Both of Us (Sparks)
    God, Aliona seems sooooo scary but it turns out she's just really, really method and, in fact, I'm the only person she's ever liked in her life. We become BFF, and by that I mean Mean Girls.

Week 6 - Samba
    Ian - Going Back to My Roots (Odyssey)
    It's so incredible the viewers feel like they've worn a polyester jumpsuit but been let into Studio 54 anyway. Ian wears those red trousers. He decides he's also my BFF and we're going to do everything together and go everywhere together and never leave each other's side.

Week 7 - Rumba
    Vincent - Help Me Make It Through the Night (Rita Coolidge and Kris Kristofferson)
    It's so sensual teenagers can't bear to watch with their parents. The Daily Star's front page asks if two Strictly stars 'did it' on live television. We did. :blush:

Blackpool Week - American Smooth
    Anton - Everything's Coming Up Roses (Ethel Merman)
    The entire tower is turned into a giant helter-skelter. Anton and I slide down from the top and land in the ballroom. We do the entire routine while simultaneously keeping 100 plates spinning on poles and never break a single one. It's so camp from henceforth Anton and I are asked to front every single Eurovision Song Contest ever.

Week 9 - Charleston
    Aliona - The Charleston (Mack and Johnson)
    We're literally possessed by the spirit of Josephine Baker. There is a slight wardrobe malfunction with a black widow infestation in our banana costumes but Aliona just kills them with her bare hands and carries on. Aliona rocks!

Week 10 - Quickstep
    Natalie - Lust for Life (Iggy Pop)
    Our legs are so long and elegant we're like a pair of Sapphic gazelles leaping across the plains. It's all going well until she keeps stopping to propose to me in rehearsals. Oh god, not the women too!

Quarter Finals - Salsa and Argentine Tango
    Flavia (Salsa) - Bamboleo (Celia Cruz)
    It's so authentic viewers write to Raul Castro to demand he invades the UK. The US Ambassador leaves the country in protest. Aljaz begins to style himself as Che Guevara in an attempt to impress me. It's kind of hot.
    Vincent (Argentine Tango) - Theme from Bullitt (Lalo Schifrin)
    Vincent arrives on a Vespa he's ridden from the West End. It's a cool, jazzy interpretation. Viewers tuning in halfway through wonder why primetime Saturday evening BBC1 is showing a Fellini film. Others complain the dry ice means they can't see our footwork. That's not dry ice, it's the smoke our legs are generating.

Semi Finals - Paso Doble and Viennese Waltz
    Tristan (Paso Doble) - Prince Charming (Adam and the Ants)
    I'm originally partnered with Kristina but we catfight over who gets to be Diana Dors. I'm jealous that she actually looks like her and demand she is replaced by Tristan who is just so rock 'n' roll. When Pasha see Tristan's costume he silently weeps in a corner.
    Aljaz (Viennese Waltz) - Mad About the Boy (Dinah Washington)
    I'm a mature Joan Crawford, he's a young Montgomery Clift, he steps from a silvery-screen and we dance. As we whirl around the dance-floor he whispers from a folio of poetry he has written about me entitled 'Your Milky-White Thighs'. I wonder about getting the police involved.

The Final - Showdance
    Aljaz - Jump (Van Halen)
    After reprising my quickstep, rumba and waltz I perform my showdance. The original Van Halen reforms just for this moment and they've used a time machine so they're not all old and wrinkly. I arrive atop a motorcycle pyramid, comprising Austin Healey, Colin Jackson, Ramps, Michael Vaughn and Mark Benton, and leap through a firey hoop. Halfway through the routine we pause as a newly-ordained Ian performs a marriage ceremony for Aljaz and I. It's a move that blasts the classic 'dead nan' out of the water. Unfortunately I have entered Strictly in the same year as Jonny Wilkinson who is good-looking and a bloke and a sportsman and, surprisingly, half-decent at dancing and I am merely runner-up. DS Spy will debate this moment for the next decade.

I think I have thought about this way too much.
  • Options
    thengp12thengp12 Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Ballroom
    Waltz. The last Waltz. Englebert Humperdink
    Viennese Waltz. The blue Danube. Johann Strauss
    Quickstep. Pjanoo. Eric Pridz
    Foxtrot. When you touch me. Freemasons ft Katherine Ellis
    Tango. 5am. Katy B

Latin
    Cha Cha Cha. Enough is Enough (No more tears). Donna Summer. Barbra Streisand
    Rumba. Madness. Muse
    Samba. Samba de Janeiro. Bellini
    Jive. Ain't nothing wrong with that. Robert Randolph and the family band
    Paso. Doble. Discombobulate. Hanz Zimmer

Other
    Salsa. Who the Hell are you. Madison Avenue
    Charleston. When I'm cleaning windows. George Formby
    American Smooth (Tango/Foxtrot). Money. Pink Floyd
    Argentine Tango. Heart upon my Sleeve. Avicii
    Fusion (Foxtrot/Argentine Tango). Sexy Back. Justin Timberlake
    Freestyle (Irish Dance/Quickstep/Paso Doble). Riverdance. Bill Whelan
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thengp12 wrote: »
    Ballroom
    Tango. 5am. Katy B

Latin
    Rumba. Madness. Muse

Other

Loving these. Especially Discombobulate by Hans Zimmer. I love that Sherlock Holmes score of his.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this a few days ago about my fantasy Strictly experience. I think people thought I was joking but this is truly what I would want to dance to -

[snippety-snip]

Never in my life have I loved a post as much as I love this one. Never.
  • Options
    Johnnys ArcadeJohnnys Arcade Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cha-cha-cha - Artemesia - Bits n Pieces https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK0Zqt8mXs4
    Waltz - Rave Generator - Toxic 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml2NsTHZG0U
    Salsa - Rhythmic State - Soap On A Rope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ24922rr0I
    Jive - New Emotion by TTF https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_66dho7tkU
    Charleston - Such A Feeling - Bizzare Inc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjdVvdjslVQ
    Tango - Get Ready For This - 2 Unlimited https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1if06rKUok
    Quickstep - Prisoner - DJ Switchback https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4NQhc3V9e4
    Argetine Tango - Zorbas Dance (LCD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKoU58ItTOs
    Foxtrot - 2 in a Tent -When Im Cleaning Windows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0E7IFM3GJc
    Rumba - Summer Night City - Abba https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d5dPYHi17k
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Argetine Tango - Zorbas Dance (LCD) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKoU58ItTOs

Don't give them any ide... oh wait.
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I too have thought about this a lot. In fact I've had this list on my phone for about a year. I'm not ashamed!

Obviously I'd dance with Anton....

Waltz
    "Beauty and the Beast" - Angela Lansbury

Viennese Waltz
    "Once Upon A December" - From "Anastasia"

Foxtrot
    "Starlight" -Muse

Tango
    "This Is Halloween" - from "The Nightmare Before Christmas"

Argentine Tango
    "The Majestic Tale (Of A Madman In A Box)" - Murray Gold

Quickstep
    "Everything's Magic" - Angels and Airwaves

American Smooth
    "Lets Start Tomorrow Tonight" - from "Smash"

Jive
    "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" - Queen

Rhumba
    "It Will Rain" - Bruno Mars

Paso Doble
    "Kill The Dj" - Green Day

Salsa
    "Big Girl You Are Beautiful" - Mika

Charleston
    "Seaside Rendezvous" - Queen

Cha Cha Cha
    "Let Me Go" - Gary Barlow

Showdance
    "Love is an Open Door" - from "Frozen"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eternal Flame.
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cha cha cha: let's get loud - jennifer lopez
    Waltz: strange and beautiful - aqualung
    jive: I'm still standing - elton john
    quickstep: thriftshop - postmodern jukebox
    samba: bailando - enrique iglesias
    foxtrot: moondance - michael buble
    rumba: wicked game - chris isaak
    tango: what you waiting for - gwen stefani
    viennese waltz: iris - goo goo dolls
    paso doble: don't let me be misunderstood - santa esmerelda

charleston: call me maybe - postmodern jukebox
    Argentine tango: libertango - bond
    american smooth: beyond the sea - bobby darin

showdance: I've had (the time of my life) - dirty dancing soundtrack

Tried to make a list without using latin/ballroom remix versions of songs. Oh and obviously during the showdance we would do "the lift." :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thengp12 wrote: »
    Ballroom
    Tango. 5am. Katy B

Latin
    Rumba. Madness. Muse

Other

That freestyle. I've had this idea too and coming from an Irish dancer I think it would be amazing to reel around the sun by bill whelan (river dance). I've had so many ideas since I thought of this idea - opening slow part danced as a contemporary piece. Then the middle section paso. And last part paso/Irish dance.
  • Options
    Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Week 1 - Waltz
    It's so romantic the national birth rate goes up 50% nine months after my performance. The rehearsals go well except Aljaz keeps stopping to propose to me. It's embarrassing! We've only just met.

Week 2 - Cha Cha Cha
    Gosh, Iveta and I are practically body doubles! We each wear dresses that weigh 50lbs but it doesn't matter because we're fabulous. It's all going well until someone in the canteen asks if he can have a selfie with The Cheeky Girls. Iveta is from Lithuania, she doesn't understand why I'm crying.

Week 3 - Foxtrot
    Brendan gets his mojo back and we're like Fred and Ginge! Aljaz can't cope with me dancing with another man. There are fisticuffs. The Daily Mail reports of 'backstage tensions' don't even cover half of it.

Week 4 - Jive
    We're Debbie Harry and Andy Warhol at CBGBs and we're soooo cool! The comedy VT involves Pasha in a Warhol-esque film called The Dance Factory. He's so happy he cries.

Week 5 - Tango
    God, Aliona seems sooooo scary but it turns out she's just really, really method and, in fact, I'm the only person she's ever liked in her life. We become BFF, and by that I mean Mean Girls.

Week 6 - Samba
    It's so incredible the viewers feel like they've worn a polyester jumpsuit but been let into Studio 54 anyway. Ian wears those red trousers. He decides he's also my BFF and we're going to do everything together and go everywhere together and never leave each other's side.

Week 7 - Rumba
    Vincent - Help Me Make It Through the Night (Rita Coolidge and Kris Kristofferson)
    It's so sensual teenagers can't bear to watch with their parents. The Daily Star's front page asks if two Strictly stars 'did it' on live television. We did. :blush:

The entire tower is turned into a giant helter-skelter. Anton and I slide down from the top and land in the ballroom. We do the entire routine while simultaneously keeping 100 plates spinning on poles and never break a single one. It's so camp from henceforth Anton and I are asked to front every single Eurovision Song Contest ever.

Week 9 - Charleston
    We're literally possessed by the spirit of Josephine Baker. There is a slight wardrobe malfunction with a black widow infestation in our banana costumes but Aliona just kills them with her bare hands and carries on. Aliona rocks!

Week 10 - Quickstep
    Our legs are so long and elegant we're like a pair of Sapphic gazelles leaping across the plains. It's all going well until she keeps stopping to propose to me in rehearsals. Oh god, not the women too!

It's so authentic viewers write to Raul Castro to demand he invades the UK. The US Ambassador leaves the country in protest. Aljaz begins to style himself as Che Guevara in an attempt to impress me. It's kind of hot.
    Vincent arrives on a Vespa he's ridden from the West End. It's a cool, jazzy interpretation. Viewers tuning in halfway through wonder why primetime Saturday evening BBC1 is showing a Fellini film. Others complain the dry ice means they can't see our footwork. That's not dry ice, it's the smoke our legs are generating.

I'm originally partnered with Kristina but we catfight over who gets to be Diana Dors. I'm jealous that she actually looks like her and demand she is replaced by Tristan who is just so rock 'n' roll. When Pasha see Tristan's costume he silently weeps in a corner.
    I'm a mature Joan Crawford, he's a young Montgomery Clift, he steps from a silvery-screen and we dance. As we whirl around the dance-floor he whispers from a folio of poetry he has written about me entitled 'Your Milky-White Thighs'. I wonder about getting the police involved.

The Final - Showdance
    Aljaz - Jump (Van Halen)
    After reprising my quickstep, rumba and waltz I perform my showdance. The original Van Halen reforms just for this moment and they've used a time machine so they're not all old and wrinkly. I arrive atop a motorcycle pyramid, comprising Austin Healey, Colin Jackson, Ramps, Michael Vaughn and Mark Benton, and leap through a firey hoop. Halfway through the routine we pause as a newly-ordained Ian performs a marriage ceremony for Aljaz and I. It's a move that blasts the classic 'dead nan' out of the water. Unfortunately I have entered Strictly in the same year as Jonny Wilkinson who is good-looking and a bloke and a sportsman and, surprisingly, half-decent at dancing and I am merely runner-up. DS Spy will debate this moment for the next decade.

Literally The Best Post Ever.
  • Options
    pinkwaferpinkwafer Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've picked just a few that I fancy.

Viennese Waltz with Pasha - Avril Lavigne, I'm with you.

Cha Cha with Matthew Cutler - The Emotions, Best of my love

Foxtrot with Brendan - Harry Connick Jnr, It had to be you

Waltz with Aliaz - Norah Jones, Come away with me
  • Options
    latinlouloulatinloulou Posts: 3,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never in my life have I loved a post as much as I love this one. Never.

Ditto ! !

Were you responsible for THE POST after KFG Paso last year too ??
  • Options
    Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cha Cha Cha- Best Song Ever-One Direction
    Salsa-Move-Little Mix
    Charleston-The Bare necessities-jungle book
    Samba-D'ya think I'm sexy- Rod Stewart
    Paso-living On a Prayer-Bonjovi
    Jive-Wake Me Up Before You Go Go-Wham
    Rumba-You Got It All-Union J
    Argentine Tango-Eleanor Rigby- The Beatles
    Waltz-Pure Imagination-Willy Wonka
    Foxtrot- Ain't that a Kick in the head-dean Martin
    Quickstep-puttin on the ritz-Robbie Williams
    American Smooth-All You Need Is love-The Beatles
    Tango-Love Love-Take That
    V Waltz-Kiss From a Rose-Seal
  • Options
    Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cha Cha Cha- Best Song Ever-One Direction
    Salsa-Move-Little Mix
    Charleston-The Bare necessities-jungle book
    Samba-D'ya think I'm sexy- Rod Stewart
    Paso-living On a Prayer-Bonjovi
    Jive-Wake Me Up Before You Go Go-Wham
    Rumba-You Got It All-Union J
    Argentine Tango-Eleanor Rigby- The Beatles
    Waltz-Pure Imagination-Willy Wonka
    Foxtrot- Ain't that a Kick in the head-dean Martin
    Quickstep-puttin on the ritz-Robbie Williams
    American Smooth-All You Need Is love-The Beatles
    Tango-Love Love-Take That
    V Waltz-Kiss From a Rose-Seal

Your waltz choice is inspired! Beautiful song x
  • Options
    dippydancingdippydancing Posts: 9,428
    Forum Member
    Ah- a perennial question for me that I love to muse on.

V Waltz –Sous le Ciel de Paris (Edith Piaf) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXzGtlLGgw

Waltz- Fascination by Jane Morgan. -Slow waltz from Love in the Afternoon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX-NN443ODk but I'd bring the lyrics in sooner.

Tango- Common People by Pulp
  • Options
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Loving these. Especially Discombobulate by Hans Zimmer. I love that Sherlock Holmes score of his.

You beat me to it- I was going to put exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quickstep - Modern Love (David Bowie)
  • Options
    pabirdpabird Posts: 871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cosy just two as the crowd strangers in the night
    Celebration belle of the ball
    Show dance Ravels bolero

Competition with the right partner whatever's being played
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ditto ! !

Were you responsible for THE POST after KFG Paso last year too ??

I seem to recall that was Ochio Throw. Also on here...
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

Week 1 - Waltz

Week 2 - Cha Cha Cha

Week 3 - Foxtrot

Week 4 - Jive

Week 5 - Tango

Week 6 - Samba

Week 7 - Rumba

Week 9 - Charleston

Week 10 - Quickstep

The Final - Showdance
    Aljaz - Jump (Van Halen)

:D:D:D Just about the right amount I would say. Some great picks in amongst that extensive list.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Literally The Best Post Ever.

That's ironic because I was just thinking today that nobody has ever bettered (for me) your KFMFG Paso post. That was epic! :D
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All dances - I would walk 500 miles (The Proclaimers}

Or at least as far as I could get in 90 secs plus the wee bit walking back to Tess while she told me everyone else was on their feet clapping :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Week 7 - Rumba

Almost impossible to choose my favourite bit, but right at this moment- this is.

And not only damn funny, but a trip through my own favourite choons too.

Inspired.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Viennese Waltz to "Only Exception" by Paramore - Surprised they only used it once in DWTS Australia!

Tango to "Argentino" - Zoe and Ian just made it look like the default Tango song