Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    After their awful history, Garry and Gwyneth makes no sense AT ALL. The fact that she's a lesbian is the least of the reasons why they shouldn't be romantically involved.

Then again, I never understood Dani and Garry either.

And I'm just baffled by Sheryl and Hywel's affair. It seems to be created wholly out of whole cloth and not out of plot/character.

I frankly haven't watched in months and just follow the thread here. The show disappointed me greatly with what they did to Iolo's very promising story and I couldn't watch anymore. There was a time I loved this show and kept up with all the stories. No more.
  • Options
    MalwenMalwen Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    I'm following on here rather than watching too. I've hardly wached at all since the anniversary episodes. I realised that watching had become a chore rather than something I looked forward to.

Is anyone else watching Cara Fi? It's a lovely romantic comedy drama. Just a few days left to catch the first episode if you haven't seen it yet. http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?programme_id=516839837
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks sderr and Malwen for the links. Cara Fi looks good, will check it out later.
    I`m enjoying Rownd a Rownd too.
    :)
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact Gwyneth is a lesbian is of no concern, she's bi-sexual supposedly. The fact that anyone in that village would want to be romantically linked to Gwyenth is unbelievable. She tries to kill people who she doesn't like and isn't really sorry. Garry she's targeted twice.

That's I think the problem this was a character driven soap, but is no longer. It is unfortunately not a plot driven soap either.

I think this week was the final straw with me. Not that Garry and Dani were the greatest relationship. But in a very slow year their story was the one thing that was really a major story on PYC. This crime of selling the stolen handbags just doesn't meet the credibility test. It seems to me that every cast member has done something similar. Now this is some huge life altering deal. How can that be when you forgive rapists and murders? I am just sick of the characters deciding what is a big deal and what isn't in a completely random nonsensical way every month or so. Why would we the viewers care about any of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can`t get over how much younger Ed looks without his beard. In some scenes he looked younger than Sioned LOL
    sderr....do you know when Gwaith/Cartref starts another season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    I can`t get over how much younger Ed looks without his beard. In some scenes he looked younger than Sioned LOL
    sderr....do you know when Gwaith/Cartref starts another season?

I couldn't find any information about when Gwaith/Cartref starts. I would guess early next year. There should be info on the S4/C website soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    I couldn't find any information about when Gwaith/Cartref starts. I would guess early next year. There should be info on the S4/C website soon.
    I've just asked on Twitter. S4C have confirmed that Gwaith/Cartref is scheduled to start sometime in January :-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malwen wrote: »
    I've just asked on Twitter. S4C have confirmed that Gwaith/Cartref is scheduled to start sometime in January :-)

Thanks Malwen, looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, PYC continues to produce nonsense. Garry rescuing Sheryl is now being used by Gwyneth and Sioned to try to get custody of Gwern. As if it is any way the same as murder and attempted murder. I don't understand why people can forgive Gwyneth? Has it ever made sense?
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    oh Im fed up with the story lines
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    St Sion.....don`t you dare tell Meic about Gabriella being his daughter. It`s not your secret to tell. Just because you have a white beard doesn`t make you the Almighty.
    Grrr what a piece of work he is.
  • Options
    welsh_Elwelsh_El Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What I find weird about the Hywel / Sheryl affair is that I just don't care !!
    I don't get it. I don't feel for Gaynor. It doesn't add up. Its come from nowhere. The characters themselves don't seem to believe in it. Bad non sense Story. Such a Shame.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    welsh_El wrote: »
    I don't get it. I don't feel for Gaynor. It doesn't add up. Its come from nowhere. The characters themselves don't seem to believe in it. Bad non sense Story. Such a Shame.

I'm a week behind but I agree with this. Sheryl is the only character I care about in this storyline but I still hate what they are doing. I've never really liked Hywel very much and I think he and Gaynor are as bad as each other. She showed that in her storyline with Macs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welsh_El wrote: »

Yeah I thought about this. The problem with this story is that the writers and producers have made the most basic writing mistake. They have failed to provide motivation for this affair.

It not that Hwyel wouldn't cheat, or Sheryl wouldn't cheat (they would). They probably would cheat with each other. Its that people who have know each other as long as Hwyel and Sheryl have and who see each other every day don't just suddenly develop an overwhelming instant sexual attraction to each other. That kind of thing only happens with people you've just met. People who have affairs with someone they know very well do so because a relationship develops over time or something happens to make you see someone in a new light.

That hasn't happened here. I think we all just know that this affair is not written how relationships actually work, and therefore no-one cares about it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Yeah I thought about this. The problem with this story is that the writers and producers have made the most basic writing mistake. They have failed to provide motivation for this affair.

It not that Hwyel wouldn't cheat, or Sheryl wouldn't cheat (they would). They probably would cheat with each other. Its that people who have know each other as long as Hwyel and Sheryl have and who see each other every day don't just suddenly develop an overwhelming instant sexual attraction to each other. That kind of thing only happens with people you've just met. People who have affairs with someone they know very well do so because a relationship develops over time or something happens to make you see someone in a new light.

That hasn't happened here. I think we all just know that this affair is not written how relationships actually work, and therefore no-one cares about it.
    I'm with you 100%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hwyel will never be happy with just 1 woman
  • Options
    FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just watching the wedding (or non-wedding) episode... Did the writers just COMPLETELY forget that Dani and Iolo are best friends? They haven't been there for each other through anything they've gone through this year, and now he's not even invited to her wedding? Shoddy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm just watching the wedding (or non-wedding) episode... Did the writers just COMPLETELY forget that Dani and Iolo are best friends? They haven't been there for each other through anything they've gone through this year, and now he's not even invited to her wedding? Shoddy.

Yeah they have. It would have cleared up everything for Dani because Iolo would have known the situation was Gethin's fault.

Honestly though they haven't really been best friends for a long time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I liked that dani went to marks she knew she have a place there
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/5/
    http://digiguide.tv/show-times/30205/Pobol%20y%20Cwm/page/6/
    It looks like Anita's niece Kelly is returning to Cwm Deri. Also she is interested in how Ffion tricked Jinx into being Arwen's father.

Interesting, also Ffion is interested in Gethin apparently. Does this mean that they are finally going to get around to exploring Arwen's paternity? I hope so, that's got to be PYC's biggest unresolved storyline. They way it was left was extremely unsatisfying. That's the one thing they could do that would possibly bring viewers back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I use to love kelly in it wonder what Jinx will say
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Friday's episode was excellent. Definitely worth watching if you're only watching the occasional episode at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THIS WEEK ;

On The Money;
    Meike, Gabriella , Gary, Diane, Dai, Jim, Colin, Britt, Eifion

In The Red;
    Hywel, Sheryl, Gaynor, DJ, Cadno, Angela
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently on Tuesday's episode and I think the only good thing about the whole Garry/Sheryl/Dani thing is that Gethin gets some decent screen time at last.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    too much hweyl and sheryl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoilers for Christmas week:
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-news/soap-spoilers-lindas-secret-revealed-8294994
    Pobol Y Cwm: What will Darren think of his ‘new’ sister? Pobol Y Cwm: What will Darren think of his ‘new’ sister?

Pobol y Cwm

As Meic’s health continues to deteriorate, Gabriela decides to call Nansi Furlong and asks her to return to Cwmderi. Sheryl is worried about Nansi’s return - is Kevin about to be released?

But when the truth is revealed, Sheryl is shaken to the core.

Anita has also organised visitors for Meic. Darren, Katie and the kids are coming home for Christmas – but Darren is shocked when Gabriela introduces herself as his big sister!

Meic is angry with Anita for inviting Darren, and feels he’s being forced to reveal the truth. But the bad feeling doesn’t last long when Meic learns of Anita’s plans for his birthday.

As Garry tries to come to terms with losing Dani, he and Gwyneth become close. After receiving an invitation to spend Christmas with Gwyneth and Gwern, Garry kisses Gwyneth. She steps away but is quite pleased with the developments following Dani’s departure.

Some of it seems quite good and the Garry part seems awful.