just found out my wife's having an affair.

Comments

• Marie4evaMarie4eva Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seanf wrote: »
    I only remember bits I was drunk, and of course I shouldn't drink with my ticker and my meds im on anticoagulants so the drinks really messed my bloods up, wy they came upstairs I'll never know all I wanted was to be left alone. I was there when he and my mum split, he was in a mess but nothing like what I've gotten myself into.

to all that have sent such kind comments and pm's thank you and have a merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too. Things will get better with time. Don't be so harsh on yourself & look after yourself :)
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    I've been charged with 2 counts of assault, apparently I have grabbed hold of them but I have a black eye scratch marks to my neck and chest

I'm well and truly screwed. I'm never going to able to see my mum and sister in Canada

my poor old dad has driven about 600 miles today, I'm lucky to have him and his wife especially at Christmas last thing they need is me in the way.

Why didn't you consider your ''poor old dad'' before?

Yes, the last thing they need is you feeling sorry for yourself. Grow up and take a look at yourself. Your attitude sickens me.
  • Safi74Safi74 Posts: 5,580
    Forum Member
    owllover wrote: »

Yes, the last thing they need is you feeling sorry for yourself. Grow up and take a look at yourself. Your attitude sickens me.

And your attitude sickens me. Show some bloody compassion or don't bother to post. Why be so unkind to someone who is quite obviously vulnerable?

Sean, please take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting on.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice thanks
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    And your attitude sickens me. Show some bloody compassion or don't bother to post. Why be so unkind to someone who is quite obviously vulnerable?

Sean, please take care of yourself and let us know how you are getting on.

thank you, I've managed a few hours sleep, just going to take day by day.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This post sickens me no compassion,no understanding,no humanity what a sad person you must be.:(

Never judge lest you want to be judged yourself.;-)

You are doing the right thing by being at your dads.

It will give you time to reflect and decide what you want to do next, i would not stress though its difficult not to, have a good day for yourself.

Richard.
    Forum Member
    thank you, I've managed a few hours sleep, just going to take day by day.

Be kind to yourself and take it hour by hour if you need to. Don't listen to nasty comments, focus on those with positive advice.

Take care x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Some pretty awful things said on this thread. But I suppose it is Ds. I hope you have a nice day today Sean. Your dad sounds a lovely man. Go and enjoy the peace and quiet. You can then start the healing process you need to go through. I am really sorry it has come to this. Take care of yourself. If you feel like it come back one day and let us know how things are going for you. In the meantime there is always someone here to talk to you. x
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Owl lover is getting some abuse for expressing her/his opinion here - I agree the guy is vulnerable, but people are overlooking the fact that he has just assaulted his wife in a paranoid rage. having read whole thread again I even wonder if she WAS having an affair or if she just wanted to leave him, and he Assumed she was cheating..? It's not clear

I've been on the receiving end of paranoid violent self harming victim-blaming abuser and it was living hell. Didn't stop me feeling sorry for him though..

Anyway hope OP is ok and settled with his dad having a happy peaceful Christmas n chance to think things through. I don't think you need worry too much op as you were clearly off your head on drugs and drink and in the throes of mental illness when it happened,so it was out of character - so you might not even get convicted, esp if like you say there were no injuries to your wife.

Just wanted to defend owl lover, their post came across to me really just like a bit of a kick up the arse, which sometimes can be more helpful than "there there"
    Forum Member
    Born lippy wrote: »
    Owl lover is getting some abuse for expressing her/his opinion here - I agree the guy is vulnerable, but people are overlooking the fact that he has just assaulted his wife in a paranoid rage. having read whole thread again I even wonder if she WAS having an affair or if she just wanted to leave him, and he Assumed she was cheating..? It's not clear

I've been on the receiving end of paranoid violent self harming victim-blaming abuser and it was living hell. Didn't stop me feeling sorry for him though..

Anyway hope OP is ok and settled with his dad having a happy peaceful Christmas n chance to think things through. I don't think you need worry too much op as you were clearly off your head on drugs and drink and in the throes of mental illness when it happened,so it was out of character - so you might not even get convicted, esp if like you say there were no injuries to your wife.

Just wanted to defend owl lover, their post came across to me really just like a bit of a kick up the arse, which sometimes can be more helpful than "there there"

Didn't read as a kick up the arse to me, just as a thoroughly unpleasant post.

You have managed to express your feelings without having to be abusive or cruel. So have others. Maybe if owllover had adopted a less confrontational tone he wouldn't have provoked a negative reaction.

Enjoy your Christmas Day BL 😊
  • Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safi74 wrote: »
    Didn't read as a kick up the arse to me, just as a thoroughly unpleasant post.

You have managed to express your feelings without having to be abusive or cruel. So have others. Maybe if owllover had adopted a less confrontational tone he wouldn't have provoked a negative reaction.

Enjoy your Christmas Day BL 😊

Aww yeah things can come over harsh over text..
    Lovely to see you round these parts again, you're so sweet have a fab Christmas too!
  • Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree.
    Two sides to every story, and then there is the truth I say.
    Communication is key to this sort of stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not doing very well just so far away from my daughter it's killing me, I decided im just goung to plead guilty to ever they say and get it over and done with, and let them get on with their lifes abd let her move her fella in is she likes.
    I feel so sick my body is in a mess my blood way way out to the point if I cut I'll bleed a lot its very tempting to end it all.

btw I've never been paranoid or self harmed until now, christ until Sunday, well I think it was Sunday ive last track of days. I thought I was in a happy marriage how wrong was I. I work a lot of hours but that's because she's not working and we do have money problems, we did have money problems, now I just dont have money I've not got access to my own wage she wouldn't hand over my bank card

sorry for going on but im just so alone and dont want to worry my dad more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I'm not doing very well just so far away from my daughter it's killing me, I decided im just goung to plead guilty to ever they say and get it over and done with, and let them get on with their lifes abd let her move her fella in is she likes.
    I feel so sick my body is in a mess my blood way way out to the point if I cut I'll bleed a lot its very tempting to end it all.

Please Sean lean on your dad and stepmum. Tell them how you are feeling. Please don't do anything to harm your life. x
    Forum Member
    Aww yeah things can come over harsh over text..
    Lovely to see you round these parts again, you're so sweet have a fab Christmas too!

🎅🎄😘😘😘
    Forum Member

btw I've never been paranoid or self harmed until now, christ until Sunday, well I think it was Sunday ive last track of days. I thought I was in a happy marriage how wrong was I. I work a lot of hours but that's because she's not working and we do have money problems, we did have money problems, now I just dont have money I've not got access to my own wage she wouldn't hand over my bank card

sorry for going on but im just so alone and dont want to worry my dad more.

DO NOT WORRY ABOUT GOING ON.

I wish I could help more. Please don't do anything rash Sean. Big hugs x
  • iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true, you need to speak to a Crisis Mental Health Team ASAP
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as soon as my dads doctors are open he's taking me, in the meantime I've discarded my co- codamol, all I now have im my warfarin, statins and beta blockers I'm going to give them to my Dad. I'm hyper sensative to beta blockers 10 mg stopped my heart 7 times lucky I was in hospital at the time, so im prescribed 1.25 mg.

When I feel low I found a few pictures of my daughter on my phone so just open them up.
    Forum Member
    as soon as my dads doctors are open he's taking me, in the meantime I've discarded my co- codamol, all I now have im my warfarin, statins and beta blockers I'm going to give them to my Dad. I'm hyper sensative to beta blockers 10 mg stopped my heart 7 times lucky I was in hospital at the time, so im prescribed 1.25 mg.

When I feel low I found a few pictures of my daughter on my phone so just open them up.

I'm glad your dad is looking after you x
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree.
    Two sides to every story, and then there is the truth I say.
    Communication is key to this sort of stuff.

Communication is key,but as a depression sufferer for years the worst thing you can hear is what was said, real Mental health issues require treatment not a "kick up the ass", its just as bad as the old saying "pull yourself together" it does not work.! In fact it can pull you down further.

Only intervention by a Doctor or Mental health team will.

I have also beaten drink this year partly bought on by my depression,so i do know.

Glad your dad is taking you in you need some professional help by the sound of it.

Take it easy now you are away,and please get that help.

Richard.
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    This thread is very disturbing

And should be closed. The OP has mentioned self harming himself in a number of posts. There was a time DS would close such threads.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member
    Please be careful. Things will be better in time. You're worth more than you realise.
  • Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terry45 wrote: »
    And should be closed. The OP has mentioned self harming himself in a number of posts. There was a time DS would close such threads.

But I am glad it's not so Sean can see that there are supportive people on here.
    I talked about suicide on here granted it was in the past tense but it gave me hope to read all the replies from people who cared enough to try to help.
    Sean, please don't plead guilty and you should get your bank card back from your wife as it is not her property. I hope you get through this but you probably won't be able to without telling someone how you feel. Don't harm yourself or do anything stupid as you will come to realise in time she just wasn't worth it
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please do not do anything silly, As someone who lost a parent at Christmas time I dread it coming around, Make it your mission to get through this and be there for your daughter for many Christmases to come I know you feel raw and emotional now but be strong those moments of joy are worth the pain of life. Take care.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you Sean. On page 1 of this thread I was going to suggest you get some breathing space and consider whether you want to try couples counselling, but it seems that it has gone way past that now.

Just put all thoughts of your wife out of your head for now. Try not to be angry with your son, maybe you can rebuild things there in the future. Focus on taking care of yourself. Take everything else as it comes.

And for future reference - you can still give someone a very satisfactory sex life without using your penis, plenty of women (apparently the majority actually) can't orgasm at all with penetrative sex. Fingers, tongue, even toys, familiarize yourself with 'the little man in the boat' and you'll make some lucky lady in your future very happy ;)