Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Daniel_Evans2Daniel_Evans2 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    According to my radio times there is no Pyc on Wednesday next week so could be copying eastenders with the days. Let's hope that this one episode reduction per week will improve the quality and the writing.
  • Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know what would improve the writing? If storylines had the structure we all learned in school- a story has a beginning, middle and end. Start storylines properly and give them endings don't just stop them in the middle.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    You know what would improve the writing? If storylines had the structure we all learned in school- a story has a beginning, middle and end. Start storylines properly and give them endings don't just stop them in the middle.

Amen to that sderr. Will we ever see Moc brought to justice? Will Macs ever be remembered by St Sion? Will St Sion get found out about him stealing money from Bethania? To all of the above...somehow I doubt it.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to my radio times there is no Pyc on Wednesday next week so could be copying eastenders with the days. Let's hope that this one episode reduction per week will improve the quality and the writing.

Thanks for that Daniel. I wouldn`t mind watching a classic PYC episode in its place. I did email PYC about it before the 40th anniversary, but I never got a reply.
    Here at DS , they are just as bad as the PYC honchos in treating the fans so shabbily. They have removed PYC from the spoiler section and put Waterloo Road in its place. Thank goodness for sderr and her spoilers.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    st sion got to be found out for the stealing money
  • Options
    MalwenMalwen Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    New series of Gwaith/Cartref starts Sunday 11th January 9pm :-) http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ddfybt/gwaithcartref--series-5---episode-1 (Ignore the photo, it looks like a really old one!)
    Happy New Year /Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malwen wrote: »
    New series of Gwaith/Cartref starts Sunday 11th January 9pm :-) http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ddfybt/gwaithcartref--series-5---episode-1 (Ignore the photo, it looks like a really old one!) Happy New Year /Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Thanks Malwen!
    Happy New Year /Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally caught up, the stuff with Meic was pretty good I thought. Although it just reminded me that I like Meic and Debbie so much more than Meic and Anita. They really didn't do much to redeem her after the Moc storyline did they.

I thought Garry Gwyneth stuff was preposterous. I really wish they would get rid of that character. Sorry nothing that happened with the stolen handbags would cause anyone to see Gwyneth in a new light. Especially not Garry or Britt.

PYC is so inconsistent Eifion's blatant fraud is played for laughs, Garry's handbag storyline is the crime of the century.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    have to say watching meic has been very tearful
  • Options
    DafadDdoniolDafadDdoniol Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    welshsarah wrote: »
    have to say watching meic has been very tearful

It's not going to be the same without him is it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not going to be the same without him is it :(

No its not. What are they going to do when he leaves? No other storylines that really stand out during the holidays at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No its not. What are they going to do when he leaves? No other storylines that really stand out during the holidays at all.

I don't know, the Hywel / Sheryl thing is getting on my nerves, is there anyone in the Cwm that man hasn't had an affair with wir dduw!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    I want to see more stories with Iolo! I learned some Welsh and watch Pobol Y Cwm for Iolo, and it's a shame that he doesn't seem to get many stories lately.. such a criminal waste of a cute Welsh lad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

I wonder if 'lan a lawr' will be any good? Will give it a go see what its all about, will probably have half the ex cast of PYC and we'll be finding it difficult to tell the difference lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if 'lan a lawr' will be any good? Will give it a go see what its all about, will probably have half the ex cast of PYC and we'll be finding it difficult to tell the difference lol

I haven't seen any press about it, you're right it probably will have half the ex-cast of PYC in it.

Actually here's some press about Ian a lawr: http://www.s4c.co.uk/en/drama/lan-a-lawr/
    Sounds interesting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    does that mean it wont be on at half 6
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    does that mean it wont be on at half 6
    Hiya Sarah
    It will be on at half 6, except on Thurs. when the new drama 'lan a lawr' will be on instead.

Heads up tonight's episode loses the subtitles half way through the episode on clic. IPlayer works. PYC tweeted about it they won't be fixing clic.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hiya Sarah
    It will be on at half 6, except on Thurs. when the new drama 'lan a lawr' will be on instead.

Heads up tonight's episode loses the subtitles half way through the episode on clic. IPlayer works. PYC tweeted about it they won't be fixing clic.

thank you for that.... I was doing the recording of the week and see that one day it's not on
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently on Tuesday's episode - I'm starting to tolerate the Hywel/Sheryl storyline - they're as bad as each other. However, Gaynor has become very unlikeable (although I've never had any sympathy for her) and so I just can't be bothered to care!

It was nice to hear Macs' name mentioned by Iolo before Christmas. The Eifion storyline has been stupid, but I actually like him more as when he was on the farm I didn't think he was a good character.

What do people think about Gethin and Ffion? I actually like the idea but not as an affair...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I'm currently on Tuesday's episode - I'm starting to tolerate the Hywel/Sheryl storyline - they're as bad as each other. However, Gaynor has become very unlikeable (although I've never had any sympathy for her) and so I just can't be bothered to care!

It was nice to hear Macs' name mentioned by Iolo before Christmas. The Eifion storyline has been stupid, but I actually like him more as when he was on the farm I didn't think he was a good character.

What do people think about Gethin and Ffion? I actually like the idea but not as an affair...

I do like Gethin and Ffion, I think largely because that storyline references much better storylines than the current crop that never had proper endings. I feel like I am seeing more of the real Gethin and Ffion if you know what I mean.

However, I am nervous because so many ways this could go wrong. I think no real way to do this justice without revisiting past dropped storylines. Gethin's son, Moc and who is Arwen's father are the ones I'm thinking of. If they intend to have Gethin and Ffion have an affair as if the past never happened I don't think it will be very good. They've done that so many times in the last year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did everyone think of Gwyneth in last Friday's episode? I definitely found it hard to believe she had any real romantic feelings for Garry. I thought she just wanted money from him for herself and Gwern. Are they going to write that as if it is a real thing, or are they planning to make her a deranged lunatic.

BTW, I don't think Garry has anything to worry about Gwyneth revealing to Dani. Nothing happened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do like Gethin and Ffion, I think largely because that storyline references much better storylines than the current crop that never had proper endings. I feel like I am seeing more of the real Gethin and Ffion if you know what I mean.

However, I am nervous because so many ways this could go wrong. I think no real way to do this justice without revisiting past dropped storylines. Gethin's son, Moc and who is Arwen's father are the ones I'm thinking of. If they intend to have Gethin and Ffion have an affair as if the past never happened I don't think it will be very good. They've done that so many times in the last year.

I agree, I feel as though they are actually showing how they really are - Gethin especially. I'm so glad he's mentioned the past with Moc and how they related to him feeling like he can't be a good father. I'd rather Ffion finish with Jinx and then start a relationship with Gethin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    I agree, I feel as though they are actually showing how they really are - Gethin especially. I'm so glad he's mentioned the past with Moc and how they related to him feeling like he can't be a good father. I'd rather Ffion finish with Jinx and then start a relationship with Gethin.

I agree, I haven't really liked Ffion and Jinx together for sometime. The problem with that is the situation with Arwen. They is no way that Ffion and Jinx could just quietly agree to share custody. There's never been a determination of legal paternity, they never married. Therefore the arrangement for Jinx to be Arwen's father could be challenged. Realistically under the circumstances it would be. The whole bit about the White's never being able to forgive Macs and therefore Ffion can do what she wants is poppycock. It just looks like they can't arrange for Rhys Bidder to come back to finish the storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I haven't really like Ffion and Jinx together for sometime. The problem with that is the situation with Arwen. They is no way that Ffion and Jinx could just quietly agree to share custody. There's never been a determination of legal paternity. Therefore the arrangement for Jinx to be Arwen's father could be challenged. Realistically under the circumstances it would be. The whole bit about the White's never being able to forgive Macs and therefore Ffion can do what she wants is poppycock. It just looks like they can't arrange for Rhys Bidder to come back to finish the storyline.

I agree, Macs needs to come back to give closure to his own character, let alone the storylines he left. Does anyone know what Rhys has been doing besides a couple of Emmerdale episodes?

I also haven't like Ffion and Jinx for a while, which is a shame because I used to really like them. I don't like the nasty side of Jinx.