Options

Hurts Appreciation Thread

ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I don't think we have one and these guys are definitely deserving of one! Here I thought we could write our favourite songs and opinions of Happiness and Exile.

My top five are...

1. Stay
2. Silver Lining
3. Unspoken
4. Devotion (minus Kylie)
5. Somebody To Die For

All constructive stuff welcome!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Hurts, especially their songs Better Than Love, Miracle, Wonderful Life, Sunday and Illuminated. Still need to buy their new album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Devotion is definitely the best song they have done! I love these guys!

What is everyone's favorite on Exile? Personally i'm loving Blind but I think that is just because it feels like a Devotion Pt. 2! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Devotion is definitely the best song they have done! I love these guys!

What is everyone's favorite on Exile? Personally i'm loving Blind but I think that is just because it feels like a Devotion Pt. 2! :D

My definite favourites on Exile are Somebody To Die For, Exile and Blind. Everyone keeps saying it's like Devotion Pt.2! I can't wait for all the songs to end up featuring in scenes in Vampire Diaries as all the other songs seemed to.

But...Stay will never be beaten to me ever. Such good memories associated with that first album too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My definite favourites on Exile are Somebody To Die For, Exile and Blind. Everyone keeps saying it's like Devotion Pt.2! I can't wait for all the songs to end up featuring in scenes in Vampire Diaries as all the other songs seemed to.

But...Stay will never be beaten to me ever. Such good memories associated with that first album too.

Totally agree. Cannot wait for them to end up on VD! :cool:

My only problem with Exile is that some of the tracks seem a little...dull? I mean, I know Hurts aren't exactly the liveliest band but some of the songs (The Road) should really have been scrapped as they can do so much better.

Speaking of 'Stay', guess what I am listening to right now? :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. Cannot wait for them to end up on VD! :cool:

My only problem with Exile is that some of the tracks seem a little...dull? I mean, I know Hurts aren't exactly the liveliest band but some of the songs (The Road) should really have been scrapped as they can do so much better.

Speaking of 'Stay', guess what I am listening to right now? :p

Nothing will ever beat Elena walking into the ball whilst Devotion was playing!

It's surprising you said that about The Road as in their 'Making Of' video they said that and The Crow were their two favourite songs on the album. Personally I love their break up songs, probably why Blind and Somebody to Die For are still my favourites
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywBPRUNyDy8

If this is some part of the actual music video for Blind I am so so excited for Thursday!
  • Options
    MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    After seeing that the brilliant Blind hasn't charted I'm wondering if Hurts are ever going to be noticed by the record playing British public? Any thoughts?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mybelle wrote: »
    After seeing that the brilliant Blind hasn't charted I'm wondering if Hurts are ever going to be noticed by the record playing British public? Any thoughts?

I think they are aware of this to be honest as I recently saw on Twitter they will have a collab with Calvin Harris. I'm not sure how this would work because I don't want them to "sell-out" to a cliche dance track but it may be a really good sound, both are complete opposites so we shall see.

They are making the right decision to get noticed though, I just hope they don't lose what made them so special in the process. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, I saw they had recorded with Calvin Harris. I'd be really interested to hear what a collaboration with him would sound like.

They did seem to be promoting Blind really early before the release date or was that my imagination?

I'd be interested to see if someone sang one of their songs on a show like X Factor whether that would make people notice them. Not that I like X Factor and all it stands for, but it may help them. I could imagine Stay rocketing up the charts if someone sang that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! I'm so pleased Somebody To Die For is the next single as it's my new favourite, I think I've overplayed Blind far too much.

As for Stay, I think if anyone mainsteam sang that song it'd be such a huge hit, I think it would for most of their songs actually however Stay sounds the most 'pop like' out of everything.
  • Options
    LaVieEnRoseLaVieEnRose Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do people here think of the new album 'Surrender'?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've listened to it once and then my CD player broke.:( There were some songs such as SKOH, Nothing will be bigger than us, Kaleidoscope, Wish, Lights and Slow that I really like. Then there are others such as Policewoman that I thought were bad - really bad and I'd just skip it because of the lyrics partly. It's a good album, but they need to really promote it I think.