Options

Well, I can't warm to any of them!

DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
Forum Member
✭✭
Pixie's facial expressions are a bit too stage, not enough TV.
Frankie seems a bit too sweet, she doesn't have enough attack in dances.
Mark is a "personality" from TOWIE.
Jake is a Soap "Actor" and over marked.
Judy's rubbish.
Alison's even worse.
Caroline's not wowed me yet.
Simon's a one trick pony.
Sunetra's Latin is laughable.
Steve has the finesse off a falling brick.

Can we eliminate them all and start again?

Or am I just being ridiculous?

Seriously, shut the hell up! If you can't "warm to someone", don't vote for them. It's a vote to save, not one to eliminate. Eulogise your favourites on the Appreciation Pages, or comment on the routines in the discussion threads. Posting the above is utterly futile and confrontational. Other people like the likes of Pixie/Judy/Jake/Mark/whoever, and you don't. That's life. Grow up.

What is the point of negativity? I didn't think Jake's Salsa was worth 9s, but I didn't create a thread demonising him! Normal people don't do that! Threads like that are a petulant whine, nothing more! Please, stop... Otherwise we may as well just have Un-Appreciation threads where you go to comment on how terrible everything is! And then where would we be?

<rant over>

Comments

• Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha!

I'm one of those weirdos who quite likes all of them!
  • Options
    Oicho ThrowOicho Throw Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Other people like the likes of Pixie/Judy/Jake/Mark/whoever, and you don't. That's life. Grow up.

Other people like moaning about stuff, and you don't. That's life. Grow up.
  • Options
    ChickenFromKievChickenFromKiev Posts: 7,427
    Forum Member
    How dare you insult Queen Sunetra? :cry::p

I agree with everything you've said. Comments on threads about couples in general saying "I don't like them" with reasoning are something I don't mind, but people going around commenting "I don't like Pixie" on a thread about Mark & Karen when you've already made three threads about her are annoying and unnecessary.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (For the record- I like most of them! If Alison and Jake were the next two out, I could honestly say I wouldn't mind who won out of the remaining 8! But, of course, I'm clearly wrong about all of them!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other people like moaning about stuff, and you don't. That's life. Grow up.

Oh I love a good moan, I mean, look at this thread, I'm moaning about people moaning!

But starting threads because you "can't warm" to someone means nothing! Absolutely nothing! Saying "so and so was over marked" or "So and so wasn't scored highly enough" or "WHY DID THOM HAVE TO LEAVE INSTEAD OF SCOTT/ALISON/JUDY" actually has a point. Just moaning because other people like, let's use the most frequent example, Pixie, and you don't, what's the point of that? As I said, it's an unappreciation thread.

I'm very tempted to start one...
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP you start a thread about folk moaning and then go on to moan yourself....:D...moreover, how would you like to be told to "Shut the hell up:p

....at least you can acknowledge the absurdity/silliness of your thread, I'll give you that..;-)
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Pixie's facial expressions are a bit too stage, not enough TV.
    Frankie seems a bit too sweet, she doesn't have enough attack in dances.
    Mark is a "personality" from TOWIE.
    Jake is a Soap "Actor" and over marked.
    Judy's rubbish.
    Alison's even worse.
    Caroline's not wowed me yet.
    Simon's a one trick pony.
    Sunetra's Latin is laughable.
    Steve has the finesse off a falling brick.

Can we eliminate them all and start again?

Or am I just being ridiculous?

Seriously, shut the hell up! If you can't "warm to someone", don't vote for them. It's a vote to save, not one to eliminate. Eulogise your favourites on the Appreciation Pages, or comment on the routines in the discussion threads. Posting the above is utterly futile and confrontational. Other people like the likes of Pixie/Judy/Jake/Mark/whoever, and you don't. That's life. Grow up.

What is the point of negativity? I didn't think Jake's Salsa was worth 9s, but I didn't create a thread demonising him! Normal people don't do that! Threads like that are a petulant whine, nothing more! Please, stop... Otherwise we may as well just have Un-Appreciation threads where you go to comment on how terrible everything is! And then where would we be?

<rant over>

Positivity is meaningless without negativity.

I really can't warm to anyone of them. But I don't expect to warm to any celebs. I am just interested in their dancing (if any) and not at all in their back-story.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP you start a thread about folk moaning and then go on to moan yourself....:D...moreover, how would you like to be told to "Shut the hell up:p

....at least you can acknowledge the absurdity/silliness of your thread, I'll give you that..;-)

That's sort of the point... take it the he Nth degree, but it's just boring logging on and seeing someone having a moan for absolutely no reason other than they don't like someone, not even because of something in the show! Complaining over judges scores or bottom two results or whatever is a legitimate moan, moaning that you "can't warm to someone" is a legitimate opinion, but surely not worth an entire thread!
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,851
    Administrator
    Discuss the show, not the posters.
This discussion has been closed.