Options

Will Trent be replaced next year?

Comments

• Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really hope Trent stays too. Like others have said he was like a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed his choreography and dancing. Great dancer, laid back and likeable, fabulous routines...he'd better stay!:)
  • Options
    PebroxPebrox Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Would much rather Trent stayed than Robin coming back to be honest :blush:
  • Options
    Gullible PublicGullible Public Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only will Trent stay, but I suspect his Mrs will be joining the series too
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so, never liked him as soon as he was introduced on the launch show and sorry his comment about lifts when Len warned every pro, well sorry petulant little Brendan wannabee came to mind.

And he ain't in Brendan's class as a Strictly bad boy. Lose him fast.
  • Options
    RichwoodRichwood Posts: 972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope not, but if Robin is fit again who goes ? Trent deserves another chance and Tristan should get a go with a decent partner. Maybe Brendan or Anton will hang up the dancing shoes. And what about Artem, my favourite male pro, if he sorts out his work permit problems and wants to return to Strictly ?
  • Options
    cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a Trent fan but that could be because I wasn't much of a Pixie fan?:confused: Would like to see Trent with a much weaker celebrity, but also want to see Robin back next year & can't think of who I would like to get rid of?
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    And he ain't in Brendan's class as a Strictly bad boy. Lose him fast.

Good thing that quality as a professional is judged on dance ability and choreography skills rather than how they communicate with the judges, then, eh?
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me - Trent - nonentity.
  • Options
    ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "With regard to Tristan, there seems little sense in the producers bringing him over from DWTS only to give him an obvious early boot and kick him out again before he's had any chance to showcase himself or a partner at all. Still, stranger things have happened; when have the decisions made by the powers that be ever needed to make any sense?"

Good point. And they've put him on the P&O cruise with Iveta, Kevin and Karen that starts 28 May, and he's on the Strictly tour (and Robin on Twitter sounded disappointed when he announced that he would not be on the tour.) Those things suggest to me that Tristan will probably be back.

I think Trent will too but he was a bit quiet and did have a long trial run for them to make their decision already. I hope he's back - and I think he's on the tour as an extra but now I can't remember where I read that. If he is, it's a good sign.
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »

Me too.....Robin is the vanilla one.

Found his choreography refreshing....watching the predictable, frenetic and empty dances from Mark and Karen made me all the more disappointed not to have the chance to see Pixie and Trents final dances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    It would seem a bit harsh to want him to go. He didn't throw his dance partner around like a sack of spuds, didn't try to outshine his partner and seemed to be able to pass on oodles of knowledge. I can think of others I'd rather see go before Trent. He seemed like a true ambassador for dancing.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good thing that quality as a professional is judged on dance ability and choreography skills rather than how they communicate with the judges, then, eh?

Well he ain't Brendan as far as dance ability AND choreography is concerned as well as bad boy image.

Couldn't even get Pixie to the semis either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Well he ain't Brendan as far as dance ability AND choreography is concerned as well as bad boy image.

Couldn't even get Pixie to the semis either.

Backing dancers, exhibit A. Backing dancers, exhibit B. As much as I like Brendan, he had one foot on the plane out of here all series - hence why we need new choreography talent like Trent (and Anya, who was relegated to the choreography team this year) to fill the gap and bring something new, as he did with Pixie.

And yes, I'm sure it was Trent's fault that the young, attractive, stage school-attending pop star didn't get the support. Just like nearly every other young, attractive, stage school attender before her. Emma Bunton, Rachel Stevens and Denise Van Outen are still stuck in the bottom two to this day. And also bare in mind that Ola, arguably one of the most famous and popular pros (currently) in the professional line-up, was shock-booted in week three in her first series. Week three. So what were you saying about not making the semis, again? ;-)
  • Options
    jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Ola's defence she probably lost a week to Jimmy pulling out.

As did everyone still in imo.

I was a bit meh about Trent this year but I usually give new pros another year for benefit of the doubt.

Unfortunately for you Mr Clifton that means I'd like to see you go (nothing against Kevin personally but I don't like his choreography).
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only will Trent stay, but I suspect his Mrs will be joining the series too

I think this too and I'm not happy about it. Gordana looks very like Aliona, which makes me fear for her future. Although with Ola sure to be absent next year Aliona might be ok.

I really don't want Robin back either - I have not missed him at all and he adds nothing to the show, especially now that he has Lisa Riley stuck to him like glue.

I hope Tristan returns and is given someone with potential. Joanne I am lukewarm about, I find her personality a bit annoying but I would like to see what she could accomplish with a half decent dancer before making my mind up about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In Ola's defence she probably lost a week to Jimmy pulling out.

As did everyone still in imo.

Alternatively, he could have gone on to be a John Sergeant-before-John-Sergeant, in being kept in against his (and, I'd imagine, his doctor's!) will. Unlikely, but he seemed popular... either way, I could have pictured legal action getting involved.

Plus, he was much better known in general than Spoony was, an excuse I don't suppose could be used with Pixie and anyone left at that point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Trent and I don't think he'll go anywhere. (hope not)
    Him and Pixie should have won this year.

Unfortunately he'll probably get a dud next year.
    Swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I hope he returns, since Iveta returned and has been one of the best pros on the show. Though Iveta was supposed to take over Aliona's spot, and Aliona took over Natalie's spot last year, but Aliona ended up taking Anya's spot for this year.... right?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will Trent be replaced next year?

Hopefully.

He reminds me of a Thunderbirds' puppet. :p
  • Options
    StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    I don't want Trent to be replaced. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I'm desperately hoping that giving Tristan Rachel for the Xmas special is the BBC's way of testing how he would cope with a ringer, and he just proved himself brilliantly. Fingers crossed for next year 😍🙏
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would like him to stay if it's a choice between him and Robin. However if it was between Trent and Tristan I'd keep Tristan.
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I would like him to stay if it's a choice between him and Robin. However if it was between Trent and Tristan I'd keep Tristan.

Me too :)
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pebrox wrote: »

Me too. I LOVE Trent - there has been some seriously gorgeous male pros this year and Trent is one of them :cool: . I love his imaginative choreography and vison and the way he has handled this, his first series.

If Robin returns (as I'm sure he will) he really does have to do something about That Hair :o
  • Options
    lloys-strachanlloys-strachan Posts: 1,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anton is too dated now, i'd rather him leave.

^^^^^ This ^^^^^ He's a bit like the embarrassing dad trying to be cool.