Clare Nasir: If I don't lose weight, I won't get a job

TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
Forum Member
✭✭✭
GMTV presenter Clare Nasir, 40, is embarking on a gruelling fitness regime in order to save her television career.

Nasir sensationally revealed that at her current weight she's 'unemployable'.

Full story

Hopefully she'll be back, always one of my favourites.

Pretty unflattering picture here

Comments

• joopyjoopy Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read this earlier. She came across pretty well...

Unfortunately the celebrity industry in general is very superficial, so I can see her point about finding it hard to get a job.

I thought she was already on GMTV though - she not there anymore? Haven't seen it in ages.

EDIT - looks like Daily Mail have pulled the story :confused:
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    If she doesn't lose weight, she won't be part of the Daybreak team.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see anything wrong with her figure. What pressure it puts these ladies under. So so wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her face looks absolutely fine and shows no sign of weight/old age the rest of it can be covered by wearing well designed clothes - she's not fat just shows signs of age like everyone does when they get there.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Clare. She's fab. I think she's lovely just the way she is.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least she is not a child/stick insect like Cheryl Cole.
  • Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'll end up on Daybreak, I think Kirsty is.
  • TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desert Rat wrote: »
    She'll end up on Daybreak, I think Kirsty is.

She is due to have her sprong around that time so Claire would be a welcome change
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :( A shame she feels pressured into losing the weight.
  • johnson293johnson293 Posts: 1,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tinpot wrote: »

:eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cameltoe
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh lord ~ I scrolled down and ended up lip reading! :(
  • End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I must admit, it's not a great picture of Clare :o

Did she really need to dress in that get-up :confused:
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awful way the industry works. What a cheek that someone like Eamon Holmes can excel in his field and Claire believes herself to be 'unemployable' due to some weight gain. Terrible.
  • SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got a young baby, and weight takes a while to come off. She shouldn't have to worry about her job because she's gained a few extra pounds. You don't need to have a perfect figure to present a weather bulletin do you? I'd rather her figure than that of scrawny Ulrika's any day.
  • ILoveMyDogILoveMyDog Posts: 26,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »

An odd choice
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Clare has always been shapely so after having a baby its hard to get the weight off, im sure she will get there but she is a really beautiful woman although at times she does wear some ill=fitting clothes
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsHenri wrote: »
    Her face looks absolutely fine and shows no sign of weight/old age the rest of it can be covered by wearing well designed clothes - she's not fat just shows signs of age like everyone does when they get there.

Exactly. She's on GMTV this morning in a smart dress and looks really nice.

Not the most flattering picture is it? What possessed her to wear that god-awful outfit especially outside? It would be bad enough indoors but to be papped in it - poor woman!!!
    bowen9999 wrote: »

I notice they've stopped taking comments on this story - I can only think that the comments they received weren't exactly flattering or were downright insulting. Doesn't help that they printed the picture of her in that green camel-toe revealing outfit! :eek:
  • maxinerulesmaxinerules Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did we not have the same story with a different woman last year?Anyone see her fitness dvd coming out in time for Christmas? Why on earth else would she go out in public looking like that, someone with the slightest interest in their appearance would look in the mirror and think "NO!".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

Maybe she has a sadistic personal trainer :eek: very few people would look their best in that oufit!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Did we not have the same story with a different woman last year?Anyone see her fitness dvd coming out in time for Christmas? Why on earth else would she go out in public looking like that, someone with the slightest interest in their appearance would look in the mirror and think "NO!".

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pictures. I just couldn't believe she would wear that outfit outside without wanting to look her absolute heaviest and worst.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's got a young baby, and weight takes a while to come off. She shouldn't have to worry about her job because she's gained a few extra pounds. You don't need to have a perfect figure to present a weather bulletin do you? I'd rather her figure than that of scrawny Ulrika's any day.

Coudld you imagine having the same pressure in any other career? 'No, you can't each my five year old to read, you are a size 14' or 'What you're letting a size 16 female surgeon operate on me? Quelle horreur!'

Yep, give me Claire over Ulrika any day.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think any mean comments are called for, but some rather more flattering sports attire wouldn't have gone amiss.

Good luck to her though. It took her many years to conceive a child due to a health problem.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coudld you imagine having the same pressure in any other career? 'No, you can't each my five year old to read, you are a size 14' or 'What you're letting a size 16 female surgeon operate on me? Quelle horreur!'

Yep, give me Claire over Ulrika any day.

That is a very good point and it's hardly like Claire is the size of a whale is it? Personally it doesn't bother me at all seeing a woman on TV carrying some extra weight. So as a viewer, why do the TV executives think we want to see toned and trim women all of the time?
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are not particularly flattering pics but she usually looks fine on TV. Just because she isn't super-slim doesn't mean she isn't attractive.

There's nothing wrong with getting in shape but she should do it primarily for her own wellbeing, not because she fears for the future of her job - although I realise the pressure within the industry exists.