Four in a Bed. New series!!

Comments

• BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gatwick is anything like Heathrow, planes stop flying around 11pm and dont start up again until around 6.30am, so it was hardly all night!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    I might have a fryup for dindins

I want a fry up EVERY NIGHT after watching this show :o
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I can't bear it when people use the word 'unorganised' when they mean 'disorganised' - one of my pernickety pet hates!
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do they expect to see on Heathrows flight path?:rolleyes:

Its like Fawlty Towers where the guest asks where Torquay is!
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I want a fry up EVERY NIGHT after watching this show :o

Indeed.
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Gatwick is anything like Heathrow, planes stop flying around 11pm and dont start up again until around 6.30am, so it was hardly all night!

BG when you went on holiday, did you use the sky lounge thingy in Gatwick?
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't necessarily take my own shampoo to a posh b&b, you expect it. Not very good at taking criticism these two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BG when you went on holiday, did you use the sky lounge thingy in Gatwick?

No :mad:

I tried to talk my way in but they were having NONE of it. I had even upgraded to Premium Class on Thomson but nope...the silly girl got really faffy with me so I didnt bother.

e2a: By Sky Lounge did you mean the posh bit?
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,676
    Forum Member
    I thought it looked lovely today, but a few things let him down.
    Breakfast being one of the major issues, which was odd given that there was someone in chef's whites in the kitchen :confused:

We had friends to stay at the weekend and I went over all the bedding with a sticky roller to make sure there were no hairs.
    I think 4inaB is getting to me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I tried to talk my way in but they were having NONE of it. I had even upgraded to Premium Class on Thomson but nope...the silly girl got really faffy with me so I didnt bother.

I dunno, in Glasgow airport its called Skyy Lounge, and if you pay an amount you can go to it, free drinks, wifi, snacks etc. We are flying from Gatwick in September, so was wondering what it was like, or if we're better off going to McDonalds lol.
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnoali wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily take my own shampoo to a posh b&b, you expect it. Not very good at taking criticism these two.

I havent needed shampoo since 97 just a buffer cloth. :D
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She knew riff raff when she saw it. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dunno, in Glasgow airport its called Skyy Lounge, and if you pay an amount you can go to it, free drinks, wifi, snacks etc. We are flying from Gatwick in September, so was wondering what it was like, or if we're better off going to McDonalds lol.

Oh I know the one you mean.....I did look at these but for the amount of time we were there waiting for our flight (2 hours), I wanted to get breakfast and go shopping so we didnt bother - we had free drinks on our flight to wanted to pace ourselves :D
    Sentenza wrote: »
    She knew riff raff when she saw it. :D

Shurrup you. She clearly didnt know what she was talking about ;)
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I thought it looked lovely today, but a few things let him down.
    Breakfast being one of the major issues, which was odd given that there was someone in chef's whites in the kitchen :confused:

We had friends to stay at the weekend and I went over all the bedding with a sticky roller to make sure there were no hairs.
    I think 4inaB is getting to me :D

My dog's hair resists the stickiest sticky roller. I took one with me when I took him to a b&b where he wasn't allowed on the bed & failed miserably to remove the evidence :-s
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh I know the one you mean.....I did look at these but for the amount of time we were there waiting for our flight (2 hours), I wanted to get breakfast and go shopping so we didnt bother - we had free drinks on our flight to wanted to pace ourselves :D

I think we probably wont bother tbh. Our hotel is beside a 24hr McDs and we can check in the night before so I think we only need to be there about 1hr before?
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :-)

Looks nice but points off for breakfast. You'd think he could learn to poach/ scramble eggs.

Poached eggs are my downfall...:(
  • fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably all in the edit, but it seems weird asking how you want your eggs, when there's only one option, and not asking whether you want brown or white toast, and tea or coffee, etc.
    Forum Member
    My dog's hair resists the stickiest sticky roller. I took one with me when I took him to a b&b where he wasn't allowed on the bed & failed miserably to remove the evidence :-s

We have a black cat.
    He very rarely wanders out of the breakfast room to anywhere else in the house and he doesn't get on any of the furniture at all, but never-the-less, I do seem to find hairs on the linen.

I think it's from when I've put a towel down by the door in bad weather and washed it in the machine, despite the fact that I run the machine on an empty rinse after washing anything he's been in contact with.

I can tell you how many layers I peeled off the roller this weekend for just two lots of king sized linens :(

Back to the programme - am looking forward to the rest of this week.

Habby, I did find the guest house on various booking sites, but something flashed up with a unique url, however, it redirected to an advertising site, not the guest house one.
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, I'll have a cream egg please

We only do fried. Pfft, what a daftie.

Lovely place, didn't come together.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    PMSL.......The best question ever...."How do you want your eggs?",,,,"er poached please" "sorry we only do fried"
    Brilliant :D:D:D
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still puzzled over Alfie washing his face in the loo from last week & now I'll spend this week wondering why they only offered fried eggs but still asked how the guests wanted their eggs...
    Forum Member
    He said didn't he, that they were only offering fried eggs but he just wanted to know if they wanted them runny yolk or turned over and fried both sides.

Because it's essentially self catering and the units all have kitchenettes Ben would've been better off leaving everyone with some eggs, some nice ham, cheese and croissants or something like that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    PMSL.......The best question ever...."How do you want your eggs?",,,,"er poached please" "sorry we only do fried"
    Brilliant :D:D:D

That has to be the quote of the series I think for me.....:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still puzzled over Alfie washing his face in the loo from last week & now I'll spend this week wondering why they only offered fried eggs but still asked how the guests wanted their eggs...

I still dont know why he washed his face in the loo...it was bizaare!
  • MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People seem a bit confused about facilities in this series, there's Chickpee and his wellies, Alfie washing his face in the loo.
This discussion has been closed.