Stephanie Davis axed from Hollyoaks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
Forum Member
Hollyoaks star Stephanie Davis has been dropped from the soap, Digital Spy can reveal.

The actress will not be filming any further scenes in her role as Sinead Roscoe after show bosses decided to terminate her contract.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a658706/hollyoaks-stephanie-davis-axed-from-sinead-role-as-show-bosses-terminate-her-contract.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter

Comments

• attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what went on behind the scenes for them to just drop her like that?
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow I wonder what she's done?
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has happened for them to just axe her? How they gonna explain her exit?
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    It's a great loss to Hollyoaks
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't pretend that I ever liked Sinead.

The next victim of the gloved hand killer, perhaps?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    What has happened for them to just axe her? How they gonna explain her exit?

Looks like it'll be an off screen exit. If she's done something to p*** them off then it will be a throw away line no doubt saying "she's gone".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must have done something really bad to terminate her contract.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow a bit shocking to just axe her like that must of been serious, she was only filming the other day!

Whatever happened, it stupid to just axe her with no proper exit, Sinead is may not be everyone flavour of the month but she been there a long time.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must of done something. Just recently they'd had her tied to Ste one of the series most prominent characters and they cast her cousin Scott who is devoted to her. I found the character of Sinead annoying but that was due to her storylines not Steph as a person. She was heavily featured.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Wtf? TPTB love her, surely she must have done something seriously bad for this to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it'll be an off screen exit. If she's done something to p*** them off then it will be a throw away line no doubt saying "she's gone".

It's gonna be so strange though if that is her exit. Must of been something really bad because she was such a big character.
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad to see this. I don't like Sinead but I loved Stephanie on Over The Rainbow. I was so excited when she joined the cast and it's a real shame it's come to this.

Hollyoaks never seem to shy away from terminating contracts with immediate effect. It seems to happen more often there than in the other soaps, probably due to the age of the cast!?
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,659
    Forum Member
    I can't say I will miss the character as I wont, but the actress is really good.

I wonder what happened.

and part of me hopes that this will lead to the rest of them leaving, but I bet they will just give Diane more family.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    I can't say I will miss the character as I wont, but the actress is really good.

I wonder what happened.

and part of me hopes that this will lead to the rest of them leaving, but I bet they will just give Diane more family.

I'm sure the rest of them won't leave if Steph Davis was terminated for cause instead of for creative reasons.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was only filming yesterday https://instagram.com/stephaniehollyoaks/

Let's hope they can resolve this and it not just been done in haste.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Although I dislike Sinead a lot, Stephanie is a good actress. I wonder what happened?
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Woah. This is a shocker. As much as a shit Sinead is, Steph was one of the strongest actors on the show and both her and Sinead had presence.

Where does this leave Scott and Diane now though? Ste will be fine without her.

It must have been major though to not even get a hurriedly cobbled together exit like Micheala's first exit.
  • FrancyFrancy Posts: 10,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't pretend to be sad!!! :D
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Wonder if she will die off screen?
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Hopefully Scott follows though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure in the coming days it'll come out what has happened.
  • grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what's happened.

I'm not a fan of Sinead but I think Stephanie is a great actress.
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    As execrable as Sinead is a lot of the time, Steph is a really good actress; something that's thin on the ground at Oaks.
  • CollybirdCollybird Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't necessary have to have done something awful.

Devon Anderson and David Judge were both let go for persistent time keeping issues, which probably would have been a culmination of warnings leading up to sacking. It could be the same situation here.

Hollie-Jay Bowes' situation was a bit different as she wanted to leave and given how she'd behaved I think the show were happy to go along with it.

Whatever it is, Steph's a silly girl.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Scott follows though

Well actors who've got contracts and haven't done anything to get fired won't be because of Steph Davis. I mean you've got to honor those. They'll have to to rewrite storylines and we'll see what happens to Diane and Scott at the end of their current contracts.