Newcastle United Supporters Thread 2011-12 Season

Comments

• SamGamgeeSamGamgee Posts: 1,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they are insignificant, but it's still nice

In your good times, still thinking about us eh?

And enough of that insignificant rubbish. We werent insignificent when you just managed a last ditch point in March and for the last 4 years!?...

oh and we took four points off the PL champions. How many did you manage?
  • BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen Fulham just jumped up to 8th. Sure they will want to win against Tottenham to get 7th. Going to be an interesting weekend next week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamGamgee wrote: »

And enough of that insignificant rubbish. We werent insignificent when you just managed a last ditch point in March and for the last 4 years!?...

You may have took 4 points off them but yous are still 20 points behind us :)
  • TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    You may have took 4 points off them but yous are still 20 points behind us :)

This :D, 20 points
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This :D, 20 points

Aye well done.
    But my point was disputing your insignificant comment. Still bitter despite finishing above us.
    Poor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye well done.
    But my point was disputing your insignificant comment. Still bitter despite finishing above us.
    Poor.

Oh come on, it's North East Rivalry

I'm sure you have called us much worse in private, I think the bitter person is the one without the humour :D
  • SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,533
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the favor. :(

Still pulling for you to nick 3rd though! Good luck!
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And enough of that insignificant rubbish. We weren't insignificant when you just managed a last ditch point in March and for the last 4 years!?...

You've had some terrific results over the season but the reality is you've been far too inconsistent over the whole season.

MoN came in to save you but since then you've gone off the boil again. I suppose it happened after you were knocked out of the FA Cup and had little else to play for. I genuinley hope you can improve next season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    You've had some terrific results over the season but the reality is you've been far too inconsistent over the whole season.

MoN came in to save you but since then you've gone off the boil again. I suppose it happened after you were knocked out of the FA Cup and had little else to play for. I genuinley hope you can improve next season.

I can always rely on you LoT.

Yep agree with you. I dont think the squad is good enough over a season to compete in the top 10 but this is Bruce's squad. If we can keep hold of our best players and get a couple of quality strikers .. could be exciting times ahead for us and the whole of the north east :)

One final point.. today belongs to Bobby Robson. God bless 'im.
  • UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QPR supporter here - congratulations on the season you've had, irrespective of the final outcome. Never for one moment believed that Pardew had it in him but it is great when people prove you wrong :)

Have to admit that City were much better all over the park today but what do you expect with endless supplies of dosh :(
  • tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We'd have to qualify no matter what, even 5th place but it's still European qualification that we can offer new players over the summer. :)

hope we don't lose cissee or an good players this summer
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hope we don't lose cissee or an good players this summer

Cisse - just signed. Don't think he legally can go anywhere till January anyway might be wrong on that.
    Ba - seems happy and committed to the Toon
    Krul - Loves playing for the club recently signed a new deal to boot. I know contracts mean little in football but I think he's signed for a little while at least.
    Coloccini - Will play out his contract and his remaining days at the toon.
    Cabaye - Left a championship winning team to come to the Toon..

And even if they were to go, we have a top class scouting team that got us most of the above as replacements for those who left. I think the future is bright for us.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cisse - just signed. Don't think he legally can go anywhere till January anyway might be wrong on that.
    Ba - seems happy and committed to the Toon
    Krul - Loves playing for the club recently signed a new deal to boot. I know contracts mean little in football but I think he's signed for a little while at least.
    Coloccini - Will play out his contract and his remaining days at the toon.
    Cabaye - Left a championship winning team to come to the Toon..

And even if they were to go, we have a top class scouting team that got us most of the above as replacements for those who left. I think the future is bright for us.

I agree with the above, its Tioté I worry about.

I think he could walk into a Man Utd side
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice tweet from Kompany

'Don't let the "big four" fool you, Newcastle are cormfortabely amongst the best in the league. No leaving St. James without bruises. #Fact'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Notice I didn't mention Tiote. :D

Common thinking on Tyneside is that he is one chap who could go. We may even need his transfer money to fund that player of extra quality we need. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Nice tweet from Kompany

'Don't let the "big four" fool you, Newcastle are cormfortabely amongst the best in the league. No leaving St. James without bruises. #Fact'
    I love it! Respect of and for this club is back. :)
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could really see Arsenal wanting to spending £50 million on Cisse though you currently only go there in order to learn how to miss goal.
    Man Utd are very much in need of a reliable striker too.

A top 4 spot is certainly needed next year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Notice I didn't mention Tiote. :D

Common thinking on Tyneside is that he is one chap who could go. We may even need his transfer money to fund that player of extra quality we need. :)

The "crack" is what I miss since moving away 14 years ago, I sometimes listen to the legends over the internet.
  • The TurkThe Turk Posts: 5,148
    Forum Member
    As an Arsenal fan I would like to congratulate Newcastle on the fantastic season they've had. Bad luck losing yesterday and I've actually enjoyed the way you've been playing and pleased for your progress under Pardew but on this occasion I wanted you to lose as I didn't want Man U to win the title yet again. If Arsenal weren't going to win it then I wanted City to win it as it would make a nice change and it would annoy everyone at Man U.:D

I'm going to be controversial here though. Were any Newcastle fans in two minds about whether they actually wanted to win yesterday? I know, its an outrageous thing to say, especially as you've still got a Champions League's place to play for but the fact is if you had beaten City or held them to a draw you would've effectively handed the title to Man U. Would you really have wanted that to happen, given your recent history with Man U? ;)
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tiote with Berbatov to sweeten the deal, I can see it. (in my dreams)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    I could really see Arsenal wanting to spending £50 million on Cisse though you currently only go there in order to learn how to miss goal.
    Man Utd are very much in need of a reliable striker too.

A top 4 spot is certainly needed next year.

We go there to do what now? :confused:

I suggest to you that we've done well at Arsenal the past couple of seasons. Winning 1-0 there last term and imo unlucky to lose in the last minute a just a couple of months ago.

If it takes £50 million dangled in front of our eyes to prise Cisse away from us then so be it, but I doubt it!.
    Tiote with Berbatov to sweeten the deal, I can see it. (in my dreams)

I fear it's too late for Berbatov to be of use to us. Great player in his time.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Isn't Berbatov out of contract in the summer?
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    Isn't Berbatov out of contract in the summer?

I believe he signed a contract extension just so we could get a fee for him.
  • NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Turk wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan I would like to congratulate Newcastle on the fantastic season they've had. Bad luck losing yesterday and I've actually enjoyed the way you've been playing and pleased for your progress under Pardew but on this occasion I wanted you to lose as I didn't want Man U to win the title yet again. If Arsenal weren't going to win it then I wanted City to win it as it would make a nice change and it would annoy everyone at Man U.:D

I'm going to be controversial here though. Were any Newcastle fans in two minds about whether they actually wanted to win yesterday? I know, its an outrageous thing to say, especially as you've still got a Champions League's place to play for but the fact is if you had beaten City or held them to a draw you would've effectively handed the title to Man U. Would you really have wanted that to happen, given your recent history with Man U? ;)

The only problem i've ever had with Newcastle was Alan Shearer and he's no longer there.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My friends a Man U fan and he said he doesen't rate Tiote and he doesen't think he would bring anything to Man U , I think Ba is most likely to leave.