HO - Tegan's baby's father spoiler...

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
    Forum Member
    It is nearly always unnecessary and I know many would say we are just uptight pedants for getting wound up but it is ammoying. I mean that example I quoted from Brookside - they could so easily have said it was his anniversary of meeting Laura if it needed to be a special day to remember her by. It didn"t have to be her birthday when they'd made such a big deal of the accident happening on it only months before. Not even years, months.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    i'd say dennis or maybe callum?
  • Amazee-DayzeeAmazee-Dayzee Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Leela is 2 years older than Ste and Ste is one year older than Tegan.
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,173
    Forum Member
    It seems odd that they've specified 23 and 3rd year of university when it would have been so much simpler to have her be 21 so Ste could slot neatly in between her and Leela without changing his established age.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon it could be Dennis, he was away for a while, pretending to be in India wasn't he?
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Ste was still at school when he first appeared either in the same year (or one above) as Amy Barnes so 16ish and that was in 2006 I think (I'm sure someone will have the exact dates) so he should be about 23 now.

His 18th (9 Jan 2008): www.whatsontv.co.uk/hollyoaks/episodes/ste-attacks-amy

His 19th (9 Jan 2009): www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMbheFLN4NE
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Ste's 23 and Tegan's 23. That's weird.

In my mind, Danny had tried for a few years to get Ste in his life before moving on with Sam.

Especially if she knew he had a son before he met her.

For Sam to have post-natal depression causing a split with Danny and him having the fling with Pauline, that would involve him to do this within a few months after Tegan was born, giving very tight scheduling of Tegan's birthdate since we know Ste's. So that theory is messy too.

I hope it is explained, otherwise why could they not have simply spaced out the ages a bit!
  • TheJ693TheJ693 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's going to be Dodger because of all the wanting a baby talk. He also left HO for a few months so he could have met her then. But I think it would be more interesting if it was Frazier. Him and Danny knew each other from before
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,195
    Forum Member
    I'm guessing that McQueen cousin we saw in Later.
  • GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    My instinct is dennis. Though callum is a good choice for Martha to remain...
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey dont rule out BK deciding that Darren is the father.....I mean hes made the character unlikeable so far, why not just ruin it altogether
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, if this was already mentioned in the thread.
    What about Patrick being the dad, as we don't know when he had his vascectomy and plus there is some secret that Will knows about him.
  • HarikenHariken Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon it could be Dennis, he was away for a while, pretending to be in India wasn't he?

You might be on to something... Dennis is probably going to need a character to bounce off in the wake of losing Leanne. Dennis and Tegan could happen.
    So Ste's 23 and Tegan's 23. That's weird.

Not really though, there's absolutely no reason why Pauline and Sam couldn't have been pregnant at the exact same time. I mean, Danny could have had his fling with Pauline and then the next day reunited with Sam and conceived Tegan.

And actually, regarding Ste's birthday saying 1/9/1990 on his hospital board... someone in the props department must have read the file wrong because if you make it 9/1/1990 then it works perfectly with his two January 9th birthdays! American date style.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Well, Dodger seems to be sleeping around on the show, so I wouldn't rule him out.
  • Sparkle27Sparkle27 Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    i dont think it will be dodger. they said she wouldnt name the father because of the implications it would have.what implications would that have? he is single, would be close to her age, just dont sound like that would be a big deal!!
    so it must be someone who is either in a serious relationship, (or was at the time of conception), married, or a lot older than her!!
    my thoughts at the moment would be Patrick, Dennis or maybe Fraiser!!:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps if Dennis is the dad, the implications are that she presumes the "girl he was smitten with" would find out and ruin his chances with said girl. Tegan would have no reason to be aware that Leanne is now dead.

Patrick could work based purely on his 'secrets' and lies, but had he even properly moved to the area from Hale (was it Hale?) 9 months ago? Can't remember when he actually MOVED to Hollyoaks rather than just visiting.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if it was Dennis. With the devastation he's going through, it would be nice to see him with a baby and something to focus on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's also an easy escape from having him be gloomy for ages. Flings him right into the future.
  • beegee82beegee82 Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess it could be Dennis... That way it sort of implicates Dodger as well. He can get to be a doting "Uncle" (I know he and Dennis are cousins, not brothers, but you get my drift...!) instead. It just seems a bit weird that all of a sudden Dodger is saying he is desperate to be a dad.........
  • oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Soapsquawk BK says that
    Dodger and Dennis will have life changing decisions to make

might be a hint to fatherhood
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like it!
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tegan was very positive she didn't want the father involved: It will be interesting to find out how all of this came about. I hope she wasn't drunk or anything.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Maybe trevor !
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    This has fueled so much speculation. :D
  • Clare D13Clare D13 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Tegan was very positive she didn't want the father involved: It will be interesting to find out how all of this came about. I hope she wasn't drunk or anything.

Why do you hope she wasn't drunk?