They couldn't call it BBC FOUR could they surely?

2»

Comments

• i4ui4u Posts: 54,982
    Forum Member
    Children tend to give their not as rounded years but as 6½ or almost 7.

So I propose BBC Nearly 4

or BBC Under 4's

or BBC Petty 4's
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,982
    Forum Member
    gomezz wrote: »
    How about BBC2 SQUARED?

Or BBC2SQ for short
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can call it what they like, I watch the programmes on the channels rather than worry about channel names. I look at programmes coming up and those i think worth watching I put them on Sky + for future viewing. BBC4, BBC 4.53267 or BBC Monkey Farm, if the programme is there I want to see I will watch it. I do not care what the channel is called.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They could simply do a really expensive rebranding!
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be surprised if BBC4 also disappears. Though one thing's for sure, what the channel is known for right now will be a thing of the past once the changes are made. More likely it will just repeat the best of the week's programming on BBC1 and 2.
  • JonoJono Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    BBC Four will go and it will be become BBC Two +1
  • scragendscragend Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Caxton wrote: »
    They can call it what they like, I watch the programmes on the channels rather than worry about channel names. I look at programmes coming up and those i think worth watching I put them on Sky + for future viewing. BBC4, BBC 4.53267 or BBC Monkey Farm, if the programme is there I want to see I will watch it. I do not care what the channel is called.

I would definitely watch BBC Monkey Farm :)
  • jazzfunksterjazzfunkster Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    If BBC Three will survive online, why go to the trouble of rebranding BBC Four?
  • mfrmfr Posts: 5,620
    Forum Member
    If BBC Three will survive online, why go to the trouble of rebranding BBC Four?

No reason at all. In fact, it is useful to highlight the continued existence of the "channel" as an online service - as previous posters have pointed out with Sky Three.
  • pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you go to BBC iPlayer now, it has ONE TWO THREE FOUR at the top so you can easily find content from each channel. BBC Three may close on television, but it will continue online as a "channel" accessed by clicking the "THREE" so no need to re-brand BBC Four. In fact, BBC Four will probably end up going the same way with the broadcast space probably being used as BBC ONE+1 and BBC TWO+1.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been no indication that the BBC is even thinking about a TWO +1 channel (especially when it is debatable if such a channel is needed or is appropriate at this time)

Meanwhile, the Three space will be used for the one +1 channel.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Four was there when BBC Three was BBC Choice so they could. BBC Three will continue online.