Options

Audeiences clapping along to songs or acts

2»

Comments

• Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,713
    Forum Member
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Point taken - however when Tom Daley was put off his dive at the Olympics by idiots taking flash photos then maybe selfish idiots in the audience "enjoying themselves" and ruining it for everyone else should have some common sense rammed down their throats.
    Absolutely. But that was not really any TV channel/shows fault; they couldn't control that or stop it from happening.
    kriZbii wrote: »
    X Factor and Strictly are about the performers, people clapping away not particularly in time to the music doesn't add anything to the programme.
    Oh I quite agree. (As a musician it's even worse for me!)
    kmusgrave wrote: »
    You wore it out.
    With the amount of nonsense posted on here over the years, that would not surprise me in the slightest :D
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The celebrity audience used to do this ITV's 'An Audience With.' I think I remember seeing this with Diana Ross. The Bee Gees, Take That etc. It was irritating.
  • Options
    rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve9214 wrote: »
    Point taken - however when Tom Daley was put off his dive at the Olympics by idiots taking flash photos then maybe selfish idiots in the audience "enjoying themselves" and ruining it for everyone else should have some common sense rammed down their throats.

The studio audience do not pay for their tickets and are there solely at the discretion of the broadcaster.
    If they transgress they should be booted.
    I fully agree that punters who have paid for their tickets for a show should be able to do what they want. Studio audiences have not - they are part of the show.

Not necessarily, if it causes a disturbance for other paying ticket holders. One of my pet hates is not being able to properly here whats going on stage in a theatre due to the activities of some nearby audience members, and that includes people constantly singing along (unless its a show which traditionally has audience participation). I want to hear the person I've paid to see, not the person sitting next to me!
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They do it when Ant and Dec are doing the trails for the Win the Adverts game. Sometimes you can't hear Ant and Dec because the music behind them and the audience clapping are louder than them!