Options

When will Terror Island begin on Sunset Beach?

motor mouthmotor mouth Posts: 4,571
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Will we get that far? Is it within the first years episode?

It looks so great from the intro video I just saw.

Comments

• Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    I think it airs around about August next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That could well just scrape into the 1st year of episodes. I hope so anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Turns out that Terror Island began on the 29th of December 1997, which is the very beginning of YEAR 2 of Sunset Beach.

From Five's own admission it is unlikely we'll get to see it unless ratings are very good.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is terror island.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its when the entire cast are on a boat trip to an island and a mad person in a mask with a hook starts slaying them all and chasing them round the island. Sort of a spoof of the Scream Movies.

It makes what they are showing at the moment look like a daily version of the Brady Bunch.

Ive never seen it but thats my take on it.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds very I Know What You Did Last Summer, and that film would have come out the same year I believe.

Hope they do show it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is an mpg file of the opening sequence to Terror Island. It is also the first time the used the new theme music.

http://www.digital-update.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8677
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol, sounds great. Were Annie, Olivia, Gregory and Aunt Bette not involved in this though? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    lol, sounds great. Were Annie, Olivia, Gregory and Aunt Bette not involved in this though? :(

I think it might have just been the young ones.

There were extra cast brought in to be killed off, but they also got rid of Mark woohoo!.
  • Options
    sunsetbeachersunsetbeacher Posts: 1,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    terror island starts at episode 248, just 12 eps away from the 260 five have bought.

it looks like five will dump sb during this storyline:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We don't know that yet, it's nearly a year off, anything could happen! They might shunt it into a graveyard slot though...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they'll either dump it before or after that.

The ratings would rocket during that bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    We don't know that yet, it's nearly a year off, anything could happen! They might shunt it into a graveyard slot though...

I'd still be happy with that. Even more so in fact at least id be in at that time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry that link doesnt work try this link:

http://terror.island.free.fr/TI.mpg
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    I think they'll either dump it before or after that.

The ratings would rocket during that bit.

Nooo, don't say that, stay positive!
    Like Drifter said, anything could happen, ratings could very well increase and have five wanting to buy more episodes!
    I wouldn't even mind if they moved it in the schedules, so long as they kept it on TV!
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Here is an mpg file of the opening sequence to Terror Island. It is also the first time the used the new theme music.

http://www.digital-update.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8677

Re this and the new link further down the page:

That opening isn't real, it is one somebody has created themselves.
    Plus, im pretty sure the new theme and visuals for the opening are launched atleast a couple of months before the end of year 1!?
  • Options
    anna42hmranna42hmr Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it might have just been the young ones.

There were extra cast brought in to be killed off, but they also got rid of Mark woohoo!.

the cast involved were taken there by meg to an island bought for her by ben, and if i remember the cast were ben, meg, derek (which we found out later down the line) mark, casey, vanessa, michel, gaby, sean, a friend of sean (not sure her name as she was only in a few episodes - i think it was elizabeth) and the blonde friend of sean whos character (cant remember her name) tried to split sean and emily up towards the end of year 3.

Hopefully channel 5 buys the other 2 years, as in the email i posted in the post at: http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=166557

they have not decided yet, so there is hope that they will get the later years, fingers crossed any way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safra wrote:

Plus, im pretty sure the new theme and visuals for the opening are launched atleast a couple of months before the end of year 1!?

Oh right, LOL well it's very good.
  • Options
    DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Safra wrote:

Yes, thats right. The second theme was launched in about August of 1997, during the period where Ben and Meg were trapped in that cave in.

Incidentally, in the USA during the week before the new credits were debuted, they had a whole week of Sunset Beach clip shows instead of normal episodes. These shows focused on a couple of characters and were designed to help new viewers get a recap of the show. I don't think they were ever shown outside if the USA though.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope Five buy all of SB, would be great to see Terror Island.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it not shown over here in the 90s?