Horror Film Recommendations

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Infinity was a comedy?

The 3 Eye films are supposedly about the 10 ways that you can see the dead - The Eye is to do with eye/cornea transplants, Eye 2 is to do with attempted suicide while pregnant, and Eye Infinity does the other 8 - so it's a bit of a mish-mash of a lot of ideas. It's OK, with some great moments, but not brilliant like the other two. I wouldn't say it's an out-and-out comedy; it's more like a teen movie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    This thread is giving me some ideas..Might be getting a film (horror) tom night..Saw lV or The hills have eyes..one of those
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: Event Horizon
    Dark Water(Jap original)
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen Paranormal Entity? Even though I haven't seen it it's obviously a rip off of Paranormal Activity, especially judging by it's lol.

I haven't seen either yet but will be getting Paranormal Activity on Monday. Hope it's good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find that the Japanese make really good horror films (which the West then remake and ruin) - you need to work at some of them as they sometimes don't follow timelines in one direction but I think they are worth it

The Ring, The Grudge and the Eye are all great

I'd also like to put a word in for the Korean one about the monster in the river - can't remember it's name and I really like Thirteen Ghosts for its visuals and original ideas
    Forum Member
    The eye looks good..Saw :p a trailer of it tonight..
    Forum Member
    I written some of those mentioned down..Will google them tomorrow now..

I also saw a film about a girl who makes friends with some other girls, but thenkills them and cuts the bodies up, sews them together and makes one big doll..cos her freinds were horrid to her..Anyone know what title called i forgot it..Was good film too ..lol
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    I written some of those mentioned down..Will google them tomorrow now..

I also saw a film about a girl who makes friends with some other girls, but thenkills them and cuts the bodies up, sews them together and makes one big doll..cos her freinds were horrid to her..Anyone know what title called i forgot it..Was good film too ..lol

After searching horrors i found it..lol..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_(film)..If you not seen it, i suggest to have a go..its horrid :D
    Forum Member
    After searching horrors i found it..lol..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_(film)..If you not seen it, i suggest to have a go..its horrid :D

Sounds it lol. Was it scary?

Triangle is film people could give a go, but a lot of people seem confused by it.
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Sounds it lol. Was it scary?

Triangle is film people could give a go, but a lot of people seem confused by it.

yes..I like to be scared

I recommend Baby Sitter Wanted..If you like gory and scary, jumpy stuff, this film is the one :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Rhodes666 wrote: »
    The Lost Boys
    Night Of the living Dead (original)
    Dawn of the Dead (original)
    Day of the Dead (original)
    Demons
    The Howling
    Dead Set
    Children of the Corn
    Return of the Living Dead
    The Fly (Remake)
    Salems Lot (Original)
    The Stand

Dead Set....Considering it was an E4 production this film/series was pretty damn good.....I found myself hiding behind a cushion:o and lowering the volume the first time I watched it......I probably enjoyed it more second time around as I could actually watch the film in it`s entirety.....and Davina McCall was the mother of all Zombies.....The odd hole in the plot and a couple of..."why did they do that" moments...but nevertheless an excellent film and definitely well worth a view.....Critics loved it as well.
    Forum Member
    From Within
    Paranormal Activity
    Laid to rest
    Funny Games
    The Strangers
    Awake
    Hard Candy

I be gettting 5 of them for the weekend..( get 4 for £10 for 4 nights), but i getting a free one, with that stamp they do on the card..
    Forum Member
    From Within
    Paranormal Activity
    Laid to rest
    Funny Games
    The Strangers
    Awake
    Hard Candy

I be gettting 5 of them for the weekend..( get 4 for £10 for 4 nights), but i getting a free one, with that stamp they do on the card..

I saw Paranormal Activity last night and I enjoyed. It's best watched in complete darkness :p, makes it more scarier lol. Obviously this film isn't for everyone but I'd recommend it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    'Martyrs' - Easily the most disturbing film i've seen (along with 'Salo' and 'Irreversible', although i wouldn't really reccommend those two unless you've got a really strong stomach). After watching it i had horrible images in my head for weeks, very nasty stuff, but brilliant at the same time.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Within
    Paranormal Activity
    Laid to rest
    Funny Games
    The Strangers
    Awake
    Hard Candy

Hard Candy isn't really a horror film in the traditional sense, it's a drama with a REALLY nasty subject matter.

I wasn't scared at all by Paranormal Activity, though clearly many are. If you're a hardcore horror fan who has been watching 'em for many years I doubt you'd get much out of Paranormal Activity. Been there, done that.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I just love horror films, can't get enough of them :). I've only got like one horror film on DVD that I haven't seen yet and thats The Descent.

Some that I already have include
    28 Day/Weeks later
    Saw (all of them)
    Hostel 1/2
    Eden Lake
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    The Hills Have Eyes

So just wanted to know if anyones seen some good horrors that they'd recommend.

I thought Hostel was great, second one crap. Loved Eden Lake. The really good one I watched about a year ago was Tourists. About some young people who went to Africa (I think it was) and one by one were abducted for their organs (not musical ones lol). I paid for it on Sky Box office but have never seen it come up on Sky movies.
    Forum Member
    I saw Paranormal Activity last night and I enjoyed. It's best watched in complete darkness :p, makes it more scarier lol. Obviously this film isn't for everyone but I'd recommend it.

A work mate saw this in the cinema when it was out, and said it was complete rubbish, and not scary at all.
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Cronos (Mexican).
    Forum Member
    I have my list for the weekend to watch..go tomorrow so i have em till Monday..

From Within
    The Strangers
    Laid to rest
    Last house on the left
    Orphan
    Forum Member
    A work mate saw this in the cinema when it was out, and said it was complete rubbish, and not scary at all.

To be honest I don't really get scared. I still though it was good thoguh.

I liked Orphan too.
    Forum Member
    Watched the Decent 2 the other day. I don't think it was as good as the first. I think because it was quite similar to the first one and there was no shock from seeing those creatures because we'd already seen them.
    Forum Member
    Watched the Decent 2 the other day. I don't think it was as good as the first. I think because it was quite similar to the first one and there was no shock from seeing those creatures because we'd already seen them.

oh but the ending was good :p i wonder if there is another one..but like you said it be the same :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    The Shining or The Shinning (The Simpons spoof)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,342
    Forum Member
    +1 for Dark Water original, great film
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Hostel was great, second one crap. Loved Eden Lake. The really good one I watched about a year ago was Tourists. About some young people who went to Africa (I think it was) and one by one were abducted for their organs (not musical ones lol). I paid for it on Sky Box office but have never seen it come up on Sky movies.

Its also called paradise lost,its in brazil,i really liked the movie,it was pretty gory at places,the whole idea of body harvesting gives me the creeps,the underwater scenes were pretty good 2,havnt seen it on sky movies ever either and its not 2 old a movie.

swnymor1963, i agree it was much better than expected and it came out on halloween which was cool,last decent thing on halloween night was ghostwatch,this year we have the walking dead premere so i know what ill be watching :)