Masterchef New Zealand

Comments

• RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    That Asian bloke who cooked the Indian feast is a bit like Sam from season 4 of Masterchef Australia

Sweat everywhere

Oooooooh god yes I remember.... bleah!
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Oooooooh god yes I remember.... bleah!

It's times like that when I feel sorry for the judges. Seeing him standing there with sweat dripping off his head into the food. Yum yum yum

Surely Aaron has this in the bag. He's yet to have a dish of his criticised
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I was chuckling away last night at all the melodrama. I think someone should have given a couple of them a clue that just because the theme was 'Last Supper', they weren't actually expected to die after they'd served it.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did that woman REALLY just say "I have no idea what the challenge is, but I imagine it might be cooking in the kitchen..."? Really?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Did that woman REALLY just say "I have no idea what the challenge is, but I imagine it might be cooking in the kitchen..."? Really?

My husband said "Being on Masterchef should give you a clue, its not like you are going to be fixing the engines!"
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's be honest, that Josh judge guy is a bit of a dick, isn't he?

On an unrelated note, I did hear one of the contestants mention something they'd seen in a Masterclass. Are Watch cutting out Masterclass episodes (not necessarily a bad thing, just curious) or was it a reference to something else?
    Forum Member
    I am a bit behind because of work woes.
    Just watching back the whole of the Last Supper one.
    Elliot and Dave (?) are really irritating me with their "well if the judges don't like it, they don't know what they're talking about" knda vibes.

Pfft.
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    Let's be honest, that Josh judge guy is a bit of a dick, isn't he?

LOL. Yes.

I was only half watching it the other day, but I think it was Josh who said his last meal would be blah blah blah, with Jay-Z playing in the background. Um, Jay-Z? Whichever judge it was, it was a bit of a cringe moment - like an embarrassing dad trying to be down with the kids.
    Forum Member
    With all Sushil's histrionics what is the bet he stuffs this challenge up
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching the baking one - who the hell doesn't know how to make a sponge cake??? I can barely cook, only made pasta for the first time last night, but I can make light, yummy sponge cakes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also really want Aaron to wash his hair!!!
  • Quizzimodo1000Quizzimodo1000 Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    My husband said "Being on Masterchef should give you a clue, its not like you are going to be fixing the engines!"

Same with the mock surprise for the foreign trip last night.

They do this every year so why the surprise?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do they start each episode with a montage of the contestants walking around the house saying things like:

"I don't know what the challenge is going to be today"
    "You never know with Masterchef. We could be baking a cake today"
    "A few of the housemates think we'll be cooking rabbit today"
    "I hope today is a challenge that is in my comfort zone"

You're on Masterchef. You're going to be cooking. Expect the challenge to be something that isn't in your comfort zone. It winds me up when they moan about there being a baking challenge. Did you expect there not to be one?
    Forum Member
    I know right?! The whole "I have no idea what's going to happen" ... Ummm yesssss?
    Forum Member
    Sushil ... Cooks ... Curry :rolleyes:
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    Sushil ... Cooks ... Curry :rolleyes:

And next week it's...Fijian Curry Week!!!

Only kidding
    Forum Member
    solarflare wrote: »
    And next week it's...Fijian Curry Week!!!

Only kidding

I wonder what the judges would do if he DID cook a curry again after Josh's warnings ... Ah well if there is one thing I have learned it's that Fijians like curry. Who knew!
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe there are amateur cooks out there who believe themselves to be worthy of a Masterchef competition despite never having done basic things like boiling and picking a crab or making a sponge sandwich cake? :o

I was sad to see Jennis go although TBF she demonstrated few (if any) real cookery skills tonight.
  • Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    There appears to be a clique there with Vanessa at the head of it and they are not very nice people. I can now practically predict who will go and who will just escape elimination every show.
    Too predictable now!
    It's getting like the X Factor - pick the winner first then make the show around them even if they are a sh!t cook. >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    I can't believe there are amateur cooks out there who believe themselves to be worthy of a Masterchef competition despite never having done basic things like boiling and picking a crab or making a sponge sandwich cake? :o

This is why despite what we think of it we have to admit that the standard is higher on UK Masterchef than on any of its foreign counterparts
    Forum Member
    There appears to be a clique there with Vanessa at the head of it and they are not very nice people. I can now practically predict who will go and who will just escape elimination every show.
    Too predictable now!
    It's getting like the X Factor - pick the winner first then make the show around them even if they are a sh!t cook. >:(

I guess that Raheel was a prickly character anyway but I thought Vanessa was at the head of a little clique of disliking her ... And she seems quite forced in her pieces to camera, thee way she forces a laugh if things are going to hell in a hand basket
    Forum Member
    This is why despite what we think of it we have to admit that the standard is higher on UK Masterchef than on any of its foreign counterparts

Yes, definitely. But, for me, that's a big part of the reason why I find it so dull.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many episodes is this series? Since we are down to 7, soon to be 6.

I missed the first 4 eps I think.
    Forum Member
    Well Sushil looks like he is for the chop as his talking head has switched from him in his white apron and his histrionics to him in a black apron. What happened to his dish - I came in from the kitchen to find he had just presented them with a plate of veggies!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone else notice them repeat a bit?