EE: Is Laurie Brett back permanently?

Andrew_NeilAndrew_Neil Posts: 216
Forum Member
I know this question was asked a lot back in January when Jane's shock return was broadcast. At the time, I remember reading that she was only back for a couple of episodes. However, it will be three months soon and she is still on screen.

So is Laurie Brett back permanently or what?

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She says she's filming Waterloo Road from May so she's not back indefinitely.

People are guessing that maybe she leaves WR during the next series and makes a permanent return later in the year which is looking likely given the direction of her character on the other show.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    It's confusing. Snippets from her latest interview confirm she's having to leave to film Waterloo Road but the way she talks sort of sounds like she'll be back again for good. She initially said she was only back for approx 5 episodes and she's been in waaaay more than that now! Everyone involved has been extremely tight-lipped on this one.
  • Andrew_NeilAndrew_Neil Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I recall reading a article in January where she said she was back for about 10 episodes. But it seems like she is being reestablished back as a regular character on the show and not just a guest. It is all very confusing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, I guess, it's nice having a surprise for a change.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that was originally said to keep it a surprise when Jane was leaving for Cardiff and then suddenly agreed to go into business with Ian.
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't she start filming back at Waterloo Road in May?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - Laurie Brett said in the Inside Soap interview that Jane will be leaving at some point as she is going back to and is committed to the next series of Waterloo Road (so departing EE, once more most unfortunately).
  • nigel12nigel12 Posts: 1,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has to be a major player in the Lucy story though so I can't see her being gone for long.