The Next Xbox Discussion

Comments

• UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest weaknesses of the 360 is that there is no decent steering wheel at an affordable price.
    They'd have to embrace HID-compliant devices on the next machine (ie get the console to do more of the force feedback calculation like PS3 does) in order to achieve this as I understand it.
    I definitely wouldn't buy one if it was Digital Download only.

I love having a physical copy sitting on my shelf. One of the things I don't like about DD is that you don't have anything to show for it as its just a bunch of files sitting there on a hard disk which you can't see outside of the game icon on the screen.

Plus with DD you lose the ability to take games round friends to play split-screen which is something i still do on occasion & have a ton of fun with.
    Can't see them ditching physical media for the next 'Box. How well did the PSP Go do? Even with an improved cloud I can't see gamers adopting fully digital games despite the numerous advantages in oranisation/distribution (think mp3s/ebooks).
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Plus with DD you lose the ability to take games round friends to play split-screen which is something i still do on occasion & have a ton of fun with.

Not true, you can copy any game to a 32gb USB stick and so long as you're online with the account that purchased it, you can play it on any console

I own a Driving Force GT wheel for PS3 and it's cool for the money but the Fanatec wheels are in another league altogether. I also find the FF too strong it's unrealistic. A the end of the day you get what you pay for but a reasonable priced wheel should be a reality next gen. Maybe MS should let Fanatec make one instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not true, you can copy any game to a 32gb USB stick and so long as you're online with the account that purchased it, you can play it on any console

I own a Driving Force GT wheel for PS3 and it's cool for the money but the Fanatec wheels are in another league altogether. I also find the FF too strong it's unrealistic. A the end of the day you get what you pay for but a reasonable priced wheel should be a reality next gen. Maybe MS should let Fanatec make one instead.

Well I didn't know that! :)
  • Proposition JoeProposition Joe Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    No DD games -(Microsoft could charge a stupid price for games and we would be forced to pay it)
    No gimmicks(3D etc)
    Reliable hardware from launch(no RROD, YLOD etc)
    Blu ray games
    Same Controller as the 360
    Large HD built into every SKU
    Photorealistic games
    Region free games
    Better first party developers
    Backwards compatibility from day 1
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinect 2.0, plus 3d, plus a power glove, could equal a genuine use for Kinect

Wouldn't mind seeing a barebones nextbox with no hard drive, ssd or usb hard drive and blu ray drive, but you can plug/play with any pc device. It would take the price of the console down, plus let the user decide how they want to purchase there games. Discs or downloads. Here is hoping that MS wake up and start selling games cheaper via download, maybe disc £40 and download £35. Then maybe we might see some steam type deals.

Oh and 64 player forza please, with multi class around le mans:D
  • Proposition JoeProposition Joe Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    lol just checked on the marketplace and Black Ops 1 is 45 pounds. Unbelievable
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    But I do appreciate you hate Metro to the point of not using the 360 anymore, which is, quite frankly irrational.
    I never said I don't use my 360 anymore.

I still use it, However I don't use it as often as I used to & tend to get Multi-Platform games on the PS3 now & don't use the xbox marketplace much or buy any xbla games purely because i avoid having to use the dashboard.

Its basically a disc based machine only for me now (as playing off discs avoids the dash) & mostly just for exclusives.
    Is the PS3 Storefront really that much better? See how many people are complaining right now that can't even find DLC on the new store. Can we move on now?
    I agree there, Hate the new PS-Store just as much as I hate metro.

The PS3's XMB dashboard on the other hand is miles better than the 360's metro dashboard. I really like the way that the XMB is out the way & how everything is displayed neatly in a list.

I shall say no more on the subject for now.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Can't do that on the PS3 though & having to have my account on a friends system & only be able to play it on that account is a bit of a nuisance. Also the last time I copied something off my 360 to a memory stick it took forever Much easier & faster to simply pick a game up off the shelf & then be able to play that disc on any account on a friends system (Allowing him/her to grab a few extra achievements or trophy's).

I also think another downside of digital downloads is that whenever i have got anything off an online store (Games, Music or movies) i've only ever got what i specifically went on there to get. When it comes to physical copies i've often gone into a store not looking for anything in-particular & ended up liking the artwork of a game case or something & ended up buying something I likely would never have if things were digital only.

One example is Blazblue, I'd never heard of that game but saw it in a game store down the road while I was just browsing & liked the artwork on the case & the anime style character designs got my attention (Since im really into anime) so I ended up coming away with it. I Really enjoyed the game & found that Arc System Works had done other fighting games so ended up buying several of the Guilty Gear games & over xmas got the 2nd Blazblue title.
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,025
    Forum Member
    I believe the next Xbox will be called the Xbox 370
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the next Xbox will be called the Xbox 370

No it won't.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://majornelson.com/2013/01/02/countdown-to-e3-2013/

Major nelson has put a countdown clock for E3 up on his site, I wonder what we are counting down for. Looks like June 11 will be when the nextbox will be announced:D Only 158 days to go.
  • CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been a PlayStation gamer since PS1 but if MS beat Sony to the punch again I'm jumping ship. I seriously hope this is the announcement for the next Xbox. The next gen is seriously overdue.
    Forum Member
    smcbeath wrote: »

Major nelson has put a countdown clock for E3 up on his site, I wonder what we are counting down for. Looks like June 11 will be when the nextbox will be announced:D Only 158 days to go.

Oh wow, it's actually going to happen this time!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow, it's actually going to happen this time!
    Probably. I think people are reading too much into the countdown though...

People keep saying he's never posted a countdown before so it must be something big!

It is just a countdown to the most noteworthy gaming expo.
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Probably. I think people are reading too much into the countdown though...

People keep saying he's never posted a countdown before so it must be something big!

It is just a countdown to the most noteworthy gaming expo.

Nah, that speaks volumes. Never put a timer up before and everyone is anticipating the new Xbox, even major websites. Nothing else to look forward to on Xbox 360 other than the possibility of new franchises (this late in the day?) since all the big releases are coming out before E3, which is another sign.

He's no doubt in the know on that front and obviously cannot spill the beans, but he can add a timer on his website. It says a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smcbeath wrote: »

Someone found this video from the E3 conference where they showed off 360, having announced it just before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZjHUmHEu0&t=7m43s

"And it's on", just as Major posted in his blog post.
  • Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    new consoles cannot come quick enough for me
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »
    Someone found this video from the E3 conference where they showed off 360, having announced it just before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZjHUmHEu0&t=7m43s

"And it's on", just as Major posted in his blog post.

Great catch! I really cannot wait for E3 this year. Here's hoping the PGR 5 rumours are true. :cool:
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting a 720 anyway but I'd love a new Alan Wake @ launch. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blu ray and backwards compatablity got to be on the new console.
    Forum Member
    bob2005 wrote: »
    Blu ray and backwards compatablity got to be on the new console.

I agree I think it's really important. Both Xbox and 360 B/C would be superb and I don't think it's going to be too complicated or expensive for them to do it.

Alan wake 2 is in development, we do at least know it's coming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Alan Wake really need to get around to finishing it but got so many games to play through. Interesting to see what MS do with the final design of the console.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great catch! I really cannot wait for E3 this year. Here's hoping the PGR 5 rumours are true. :cool:

Bizarre Creations closed though. Whoever makes PGR5 will have a tough act to follow.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bizarre Creations closed though. Whoever makes PGR5 will have a tough act to follow.

As far as I know Microsoft still owns the name and I think they were rumours of turn 10 taking it over but I imagine forza 5 is being worked on and horizon was a success so they will be another one in the works. Forza 5 will probably be out in October/November so that could be a launch title for the next Xbox.
  • gavo360gavo360 Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One major important thing when the next Xbox comes out is easy transition of our saves, xbla games and any other purchased content through the cloud. Abit like with smartphones when we get a new one we sign in to our accounts then the phone is the same as before.