Production team failed to do the decent thing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,849
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It has been clear for some time that the 'You decide' public has had little impact on the voting structure.

A group of bullies has manipulated the nominations and was given free rein to do so by the show's production team.

One hopes that a show such as this would bring out the best in people and with a handful of exceptions, it has done the opposite,

As an example to younger people all it has served to do is show that ganging up on people pays off.

Big Brother could see the way the wind was blowing, yet it has acted as facilitator to some seriously despicable behaviour.

All the team had to do was allow the entire house to be up for eviction. It would have been the fairest thing to do and given that it derives revenue from my votes and yours, it really should have done so.

I hope BB’s staff are feeling very small and they deserve to feel like that.

Comments

• SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am starting to believe that this is what the staff really wanted all along........well they have it.......let's see what the viewing figures do, whether we are right to think that this is NOT the way to go, or whether they think it is.......

.....time will tell....
  • mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    But everyone would then moan about BB messing with the nominations. The BB production team can't win on this forum...
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lastseries wrote: »

One or two might, but they don't really care. If they did, a certain person would have gone a few weeks back, by the scruff of his neck. :rolleyes:
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    The decent thing to do would be to let nominations run as normal. And they've done that, albeit they were face to face.

It most definitely would not be the decent thing to do to alter the nominations so they keep in who DS wants.
  • Spidey1Spidey1 Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that I think you're right.
    this series has almost been a promotion for bullying. and that bullying pays off.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they've got more than 2 brain cells to rub together they must have known that nobody would have the bottle to nominate Conor. He's made Deana's life hell since she nominated him face-to-face on Day1.
  • newgirl55newgirl55 Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spidey1 wrote: »
    I have to say that I think you're right.
    this series has almost been a promotion for bullying. and that bullying pays off.

Sadly I agree, bully and bitch and be nasty, you win! :mad::rolleyes::(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All I can say is bring back Channel 4. Rules were so different over there.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But everyone would then moan about BB messing with the nominations. The BB production team can't win on this forum...

Well they could have put the whole house up to be fair, but no as there was a risk of Ashleigh going then;)The producers must think we all want to watch her play with Luke S knob and carry their fake showmance for a bit longer:rolleyes:
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I must say I was expecting a "HOWEVER" that did not come tonight.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    danielleh wrote: »
    The decent thing to do would be to let nominations run as normal. And they've done that, albeit they were face to face.

It most definitely would not be the decent thing to do to alter the nominations so they keep in who DS wants.

No they didn't they gave 3 HM immunity, how is that normal:confused:

It's not about DS :rolleyes: Look at the viewing figures, this will do more harm.
  • BBKateBBKate Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    It has been clear for some time that the 'You decide' public has had little impact on the voting structure.

A group of bullies has manipulated the nominations and was given free rein to do so by the show's production team.

One hopes that a show such as this would bring out the best in people and with a handful of exceptions, it has done the opposite,

As an example to younger people all it has served to do is show that ganging up on people pays off.

Big Brother could see the way the wind was blowing, yet it has acted as facilitator to some seriously despicable behaviour.

All the team had to do was allow the entire house to be up for eviction. It would have been the fairest thing to do and given that it derives revenue from my votes and yours, it really should have done so.

the production staff and presenters laugh at us they have no morals its just aprog to them although the figures are going down for it they should realy try for them to go up instead of going down there jobs are on the line if nobody watches it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JVS wrote: »
    If they've got more than 2 brain cells to rub together they must have known that nobody would have the bottle to nominate Conor. He's made Deana's like hell since she nominated him face-to-face on Day1.

Most of them are little more than teenagers themselves and the producer is more interested in finding himself a boyfriend than watching what's happening in the house, I don't think any of them have even one braincell between them. They don't seem to care that viewers are turning off in their droves. When they're all at the job centre again let's hope they can get a job, because this series of BB won't look at all good on their CV's.
  • wigwag46wigwag46 Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    As someone who works in the field of Psychiatry I don't think I have ever seen so many people so awful in one place. This whole thing has been a gift for anyone like me as it's all there, the whole gambit of bad behaviour. I think Chanel 5 have done the very worst things they could and the vote to save was rubbish. They seem to be revelling in destroying people and allowing others to do the same and that is really uncomfortable to watch so I probably won't now. I think we all know who is going to be manoeuvred into the winning position.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Jak14 wrote: »
    No they didn't they gave 3 HM immunity, how is that normal:confused:

It's not about DS :rolleyes: Look at the viewing figures, this will do more harm.

Oh yes, forgot about that. Realistically though, that wouldn't have changed the outcome... it may have resulted in Becky or Caroline maybe getting one less nomination, but other than that Lauren and Luke A would still be up.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BB makes the rules, I think they can - and do - 'mess' with nominations to varying degrees whenever it suits. Sometimes its subtle, sometimes are bit more 'sleight of hand', and on other occasions pretty blatant.
    They decide on double evictions, and face to face noms (which they know from previous series bring about certain results), bans from nominating, whether immunity is available, and most importantly what we then see to make our decisions on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thank you for saying what I wanted to say in a much, much better way.

Gran xxx
  • sangrealsangreal Posts: 20,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without any Live Feed, it's no longer Big Brother any more anyway.
    Might as well change the name to Big Bully.

The production team are their own worst enemies
    and have been ever since halfway through BB7.

Face-to-face noms was a terrible decision at this stage of the proceedings.
    A couple of weeks before the end would've been better, like they usually do.

It was obvious that floater hm's like Scott & Sara wouldn't have the bottle to nominate any of the "Insiders" face-to-face. Chances their noms would've been totally different if done in the privacy of the DR.

How many people will still be watching in 2-3 weeks time when it's Conor, Luke S, Caroline, Becky, Ashleigh, Scott
    (sure, there's a good chance that one Outsider will survive... but hey)

Oh well, worst BB ever... again :-(
  • rosiedevonrosiedevon Posts: 7,706
    Forum Member
    If we really do decide who goes then why don't they just do away with noms and have the public decide every week who goes, by having them all up every week with a vote to evict. Then the person with the most votes goes.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    If noms had been normal it would have been the same result. This task actually gave them a chance to avoid that but they didn't win immunity and they didn't co-ordinate their votes like the insiders did. As much as I'm gutted by the result, the outsiders had plenty of opportunity to reach a different conclusion this week. It wasn't BB's fault that they dropped the ball.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    danielleh wrote: »
    Oh yes, forgot about that. Realistically though, that wouldn't have changed the outcome... it may have resulted in Becky or Caroline maybe getting one less nomination, but other than that Lauren and Luke A would still be up.

Agreed...We know that because we have heard them bitching about them for days.....If we knew the outcome so did the producers, yet they allowed it to happen....These guys are playing for £100,000 why should one team be allowed to cheat:confused:
  • LuckyM2012LuckyM2012 Posts: 6,136
    Forum Member
    time to log off going insane :o
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D:D:D This is what BB anyway, all the reaction and contraversy. Just as everyone was getting exited about Lauren supposidly walking, your all getting your knickers in a twist. Its all panto.
    The production team will have an all up but they want you to react so it makes life interesting.
    Calm down folks, it will be alright on the night.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    If noms had been normal it would have been the same result.
    Why? If they were normal ALL of the Hms would be eligible for nominations - AND there would be no reason to pick on soft targets for fear of upsetting Conor and his crew.
  • soozesooze Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it has been a strange series and one I have had difficulty in being involved i.e. voting.

I don't like te vote to save as this is the first time I would possibly vote for someone but who I wanted both in the final. So far I was not bothered who went as one was as bad as the other and the only time there were more than two up I was sure Deana would stay so didn't bother then either.

neither do I like the ability that Caroline in particular has been allowed to do - to target people. Yes I know it is a game that you try to outwit your opponents but the way she does with - at least as far as we are aware - complete compliance by BB staff to bully and in the case of Lauren she has stated that she knows that if she keeps at her she will start to cry and then she can glory in it.

Conor and his hatred of Deana has now seemed to have been taken up with relish by Caroline now and I assume will be next weeks target,

Caroline and her feelings toward Luke A are also unfounded unless there is much we are not being shown. They have never really spent any time together and she has made no effort to speak to him but she vents an opinion that is so strong I can only assume it is because of his sexuality.