Options

is it bad to feel kind of sorry for Suarez?

2»

Comments

• Options
    KarlSomethingKarlSomething Posts: 3,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's not owning up to what he did, he deserves no sympathy. If anything, if he's incapable of recognizing why he is being punished, he shouldn't be allowed back at all.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    He's not owning up to what he did, he deserves no sympathy. If anything, if he's incapable of recognizing why he is being punished, he shouldn't be allowed back at all.

His sheep-like fans in Uruguay are almost as bad as he is. Hundreds turned out at the airport in Montevideo to give him a hero's welcome. What a sick joke. I am so glad Uruguay are out of the World Cup.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His sheep-like fans in Uruguay are almost as bad as he is. Hundreds turned out at the airport in Montevideo to give him a hero's welcome. What a sick joke. I am so glad Uruguay are out of the World Cup.

BIB...So am I!.

Every time Cuadrado got the ball, one Uruguayan or another would niggle him, or whack him on the ankles to try to get a rise out of him. It shows clearly that there is a deep well of "win at ALL costs" flowing through the Uruguay camp.

And I for 1 am very happy to see it go bye bye.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 thing that just occurred to me, however unlikely it is, if Uruguay win the world cup Suarez won't be alllwed in the stadium to lift the cup or collect his medal. Would FIFA post his medal to him or would Luis find Sepp knocking on his door in a few weeks ready to present it to him with the cameras ready :D:D

Well that situation, is not only "unlikely", it is impossible!
  • Options
    LojenLojen Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be no sympathy for this animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8&app=desktop
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Uruguay were still in the competition when the quote was posted.
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is after eventing and then this.

Is it compulsory for you to produce one stupid post after another, or is it a bit of light hearted banter between fans which is good to see?
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, you feel bad for his personal shame, that he is enduring.

I personally don't feel any sympathy for him.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I'd be more inclined to feel sympathetic if he showed an ounce of contrition.

It's a shame the Uruguayan FA are backing him rather than trying to help him, but then we're hardly a paragon of virtue since our FA ran cap in hand to UEFA to get Rooney's ban reduced prior to Euro 2012.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    I'd be more inclined to feel sympathetic if he showed an ounce of contrition.

It's a shame the Uruguayan FA are backing him rather than trying to help him, but then we're hardly a paragon of virtue since our FA ran cap in hand to UEFA to get Rooney's ban reduced prior to Euro 2012.

Spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,279
    Forum Member
    I'd feel sympathetic about his current ban if it was his first offence. They tried a lesser ban the first time he did it, and then a bigger ban the second time. But it didn't work.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No sympathy whatsoever.

This is his third bite. He has been given every opportunity and support from fans and management, some that was not deserved, and he throws it back in their faces.

Not only that, the were fans convinced that he had changed, that he was no longer a cheat. And then he cheats on the world stage to try and con the ref into a penalty.

With all the cameras on him, showing exactly what he has done in clear hd detail, he tries to lie his way out of it. Simply preposterous lies, taking fans for mugs. For idiots.

He is not a sportsman, he is a cheat and a liar.

All the punishment and stick that he will get is completely deserved.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The biting is said to be due to a deep-rooted psychological flaw. What would be the cause of such a psychological flaw? I don't think he's biting for pleasure. There must be an inner inpulse to do it.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YES IT IS >:( >:( >:( !!!

He's a vile person and needs psychological help >:( !!!

I actually think that it's punishment wasn't severed enough >:( !!!
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont think his crime was 4 months bad. Spitting also attracts unreasonably levels of criticism.

Cynical dirty play, and feigning injury is fine though.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cynical dirty play, and feigning injury is fine though.

In case you hadn't noticed, Suarez is quite adept at both of those too, especially the latter.
  • Options
    Mood IndigoMood Indigo Posts: 4,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    In case you hadn't noticed, Suarez is quite adept at both of those too, especially the latter.

:D:D It does make me laugh how people can still minimise his behaviour. His apologists are as delusional and/ or cynical as he is.

Suarez is a dirty, cheating, thug of a player. He's also incredibly calculating. Having bitten another player, he still has the presence of mind to feign injury to a) cover up his own heinous behaviour b) deflect blame onto the opponents. No sympathy or time for him whatsoever.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

I think that he is the worst in the league for the latter, he is a disgrace in fact for the amount he does.
  • Options
    jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the effer should be hung, drawn and quartered and his wife and kids burned at the stake for the atrocity that he commited
  • Options
    RunawayGroomRunawayGroom Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo1962 wrote: »
    the effer should be hung, drawn and quartered and his wife and kids burned at the stake for the atrocity that he commited

I agree with this. There has not been such an awful man in the world since adolf died.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel sorry for him, he obviously needs counselling. I should be totally anti Suarez seeing as he helped eliminate Italy but I think it was a shame he didn`t play against Colombia. The World Cup needs great players and he is definitely a great player.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The people who feel sorry for him, what about the guy who bit off half the ear of an England fan, do you feel sorry for him as well?