The anger about Marlon / the task fail - hypocrisy

2»

Comments

• Egg The GothEgg The Goth Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lozzo99 wrote: »
    Yes. If the last person knew the ship would sink if he boarded, of course you should blame him.
    Good analogy by the way. Helps to clear that up.;-)

Ok Mark goes to the fridge, wiping the crumbs off his shirt.
    Screams "the cake has all gone"
    Chris says I didn't want any but I saw Marlon take the last piece.

"Lynch him, he ate all the cake" says Winston.
    The mob agrees.
  • carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok Mark goes to the fridge, wiping the crumbs off his shirt.
    Screams "the cake has all gone"
    Chris says I didn't want any but I saw Marlon take the last piece.

"Lynch him, he ate all the cake" says Winston.
    The mob agrees.

Good story but it's got absolutely nothing to do with this situation. Marlon didn't take the last piece of cake, he pressed the button in the 100% knowledge that it would mean the task was lost.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Good story but it's got absolutely nothing to do with this situation. Marlon didn't take the last piece of cake, he pressed the button in the 100% knowledge that it would mean the task was lost.

So you are saying, as has been pointed out, that what the others did has no influence on any decision making at any stage in the task.
    Then why include it? Just make it a straight choice.

Line them all up. if one presses the button food rationing, If none do, then luxury goods.
    I think Helen or Jale would have pressed.

So they had to add shades of grey into the task.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the others did could be ( and was) undone by giving up items to recharge the battery. WHAT Marlon did was a definite fail for personal gain. I really don't see how you can't see that.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What has annoyed me more than anything about this is that they would have been fine had Ashleigh pushed it.

You have Christopher saying drain it and then when Ashleigh says she won't do it they were like "are you really sure Ashleigh" so they were obviously fine with Ashleigh pushing the button.

Then you have Mark and Winston saying "what about Ashleigh" to Marlon and pointing out that she got boo's so is likely to go............so what ? that is her problem, not Marlon's. If Ashleigh pushes it then Marlon goes, he can't be expected to let that happen.

Their anger is completely FALSE in my opinion. They are faking it because they all want to look good when really they just look like total hypocrites. Sadly though i don't feel enough people will take notice of this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the others did could be ( and was) undone by giving up items to recharge the battery. WHAT Marlon did was a definite fail for personal gain. I really don't see how you can't see that.

Did they know what or how much they had to give up at that point though?

It seemed to me once Steven and Ashleigh chose to use the battery, they all just seemed to go for it with the notion that they would try and fix it later.

Yes- Marlon did press the button knowing FOR SURE that he would fail them all the task, but I don't think the house as a whole had shown that much resistance to temptation. There was a good chance that passing the task would involve giving up things that they would have refused.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Starryeyes wrote: »
    Did they know what or how much they had to give up at that point though?

It seemed to me once Steven and Ashleigh chose to use the battery, they all just seemed to go for it with the notion that they would try and fix it later.

Yes- Marlon did press the button knowing FOR SURE that he would fail them all the task, but I don't think the house as a whole had shown that much resistance to temptation. There was a good chance that passing the task would involve giving up things that they would have refused.
    At the end of the day the only winner is BB this is what they want putting people in situations and seeing it all kick off they get the last laugh and dont care who gets hurt this is reality TV:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Giving up items undid?
    Who are you kidding?
    Smoke and mirrors.

It was ALL selfish.

Can I play goody two shoes by refusing? It empowers me.

Ah what the hell, I'll have it, others did. Don't blame me.

My eyebrows are starting to make more mating noises than Steve and
    Kim, "scream" "give me the makeover" No thought at all about anyone else.

Now find someone to blame.
    If they had stopped being selfish and maybe included Marlon in the decision making then perhaps he wouldn't have. But they didn't. They were making choices on other peoples behalf and/or playing martyr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, following that last load of twaddle, I will leave this thread and let you continue your "Marlon can do no wrong" theory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yogacats wrote: »
    When did Chris join any 'lynch mob? I never saw this at all.

You missed the "Chris in a lynch mob" scene? It was classic BB! ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, following that last load of twaddle, I will leave this thread and let you continue your "Marlon can do no wrong" theory.

Marlon can do no wrong, where do you get that from.?

They all had a hand in this, they all were playing a game.
    Danielle is the only other besides Marlon that accepts her part in it all.

Maybe some were angry at Marlon because they didn't have the balls to press?
    Maybe some were kicking themselves because they weren't quick enough?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole object of the task was to show us which of them are selfish and which are not, the only one that was not was Little Chris, so he should have been the only one entitled to be cross with Marlon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sasparella wrote: »
    The whole object of the task was to show us which of them are selfish and which are not, the only one that was not was Little Chris, so he should have been the only one entitled to be cross with Marlon.

Chris knew that by not accepting he could criticise other people's choices if the opportunity arose.
    He used that opportunity against Marlon in front of the others.
    i'm a saint, how could he do it? The look on Chris's face as he was hammering the nails in was, as someone said, classic BB.:D
  • NorthWingNorthWing Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    interesting bits (for me) in all this task/discussion:

-- Danielle actually BEING a Christian and practising an element of her religion by having a very soft and nice conversation with Marlon, who was at his lowest.
    -- I see a difference in the behaviour of housemates accepting the apps before the bit about recharging and after the bit about recharging. Once housemates knew they had contributed by donating stuff, this would change their sense of entitlement.
    -- Marlon's attitude would have been seen with MUCH less shock in a game like BBUSA or BBCanada, where game playing is expected.
    -- Helen rubbed salt on the wound with her one-to-one; Jale threw fire to the alcohol she herself threw on Marlon with her words, yet I approve of Jale's talk because that's what she does: she deals with people in one-to-ones albeit her cruelty via logic argumentation is grating to see. I felt Helen's as an evil talk with the one-to-one coating due to her being admonished by the HM for bringing things to an open group.
    -- Kim is Titan, that robot from BBUK11, but rebuilt with a new carcass.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NorthWing wrote: »
    -- Marlon's attitude would have been seen with MUCH less shock in a game like BBUSA or BBCanada, where game playing is expected.
    I like your whole post :)

When Ashleigh's gameplaying was exposed, the sense of outrage from them was very much in line with what Marlon received in the house too for his play.

Though I still think Ashleigh was played too and allowed to hang herself.

Chris seems to have been forgiven for his powermating, then again that was a task.
    His stirring wasn't though.
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If Marlon pressing the button would have only drained, say, 30% of the battery, why wasn't there 30% or more left? Oh that's right, because almost everyone else who went in that room was just as selfish as Marlon
  • dtorredtorre Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NorthWing wrote: »

The public don't vote people out in those shows though so you can be as much of a prick as you like. In this country it is a popularity contest with the public so you have to try and act the way you think the public would want
  • NorthWingNorthWing Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    dtorre wrote: »
    The public don't vote people out in those shows though so you can be as much of a prick as you like. In this country it is a popularity contest with the public so you have to try and act the way you think the public would want

and that difference is a fascinating aspect when comparing "open" BB's such as UK and Brazil with "closed" BB's such as USA and Canada. i find it really interesting to see how the ideas that they have/manage to build about the public's superego garner actions and behaviours in the house. it's one of my main reason's to watch the whole experiment as it trods on, because, if you think really closely, it is a double-fold game (and the public is also being experimented/played with) :)
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marlon's decision drained 100% of the battery and therefore caused an automatic fail. The other housemates only drained small amounts at a time with the intention of recharging it later. Some of them did make selfish choices but it was entirely different since their decisions didn't directly lead to the failure of the shopping task. That said, their reaction was a bit extreme.