Options

Blue's new single "Hurt Lovers" what do you think of it?

mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Blue - Hurt lovers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_a5LjHUuqPs

I personally think it's a lovely song. I really hope it charts well. Their voices are still amazing together.

What do you think of it?

Comments

• Options
    mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump.
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest it was ok but nothing that stands out as particularily memorable. It might be a grower but for a comeback a good second first impression is key.

The Eurovision track doesn't really count for anything, Elton John or Take That could compete and still wouldn't be near the top as it's all political voting regardless of a Brit acts huge European popularity outside the 'competition'.
    Blue were popular in Europe first time around but at the same time the single even in the UK only spent 4 weeks in the top 100 and peaked at #16 which as the Eurovision song and with the national papers commenting and backing providing promo it wasn't great and hopefully isn't an omen of things to come.

Blue used to release strong, instant, catchy singles which were slick and with great harmonies and grab your attention from the first listen. I just found this track underwhelming and i think a lot of promo would be needed.

I think their pop r'n'b was so much better than what JLS have put out in my opinion and they could still have a place in the market as they are above The Wanted/JLS/McFly generation but not near the Take That/Boyzone 90's now manband era.

Lee,Duncan and Simon had great vocals and i think the key would be to get back to that and do a proper vocal harmony song as young boybands don't harmonise they all just sing the song in unison at the chorus and take a break when an individual has a verse. At the end of the day it all depends on the songs and nothing stood out in this track for me.
  • Options
    mattthemolemattthemole Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    'Hurt Lovers' by Blue out this week.. really surprised this isn't doing that great in the itunes chart. I actually really like it..!
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its quite good and pretty much classic blue
  • Options
    rnbboyrnbboy Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    Its pretty forgettable!
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit boring. It's no All Rise or One Love thats for sure.