Options

ITV+1 Tyne Tees is not Tyne Tees

DANCE OF DEATHDANCE OF DEATH Posts: 4,781
Forum Member
✭✭✭
All day today I been watching some programmes on Itv +1 on Freesat. On the EPG it states that it should be ITV +1 Tyne Tees, but we are getting the ITV+1 Wales. It's not a problem for me, but we do find it funny to get Welsh News and Commercials in the North East.

I was just wondering if this is happening to other people as well.

Comments

• Options
    Night WatchmanNight Watchman Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same here - have looked on the web and people on Virgin and BT have been complaining about it too. I will text Freesat - whether they can fix it I don't know but at least they can take it up with ITV.
  • Options
    AJRevittAJRevitt Posts: 1,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked with a Newcastle postcode and indeed up came an advert for Ramsden's advertising stores in Swansea and Cardiff. ITV+1 Wales is showing Tyne Tees. How very odd. :confused:

EDIT: And an advert in Welsh! I thought they were only on S4C?
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    I too have had a problem with this channel over in London, there is currently NO Subtitles showing, I suspect it is because they have changed over their equipment like last time, this has happened all day today too
    I will phone them in the morning
  • Options
    M60M60 Posts: 5,597
    Forum Member
    I too have had a problem with this channel over in London, there is currently NO Subtitles showing, I suspect it is because they have changed over their equipment like last time, this has happened all day today too
    I will phone them in the morning

Yep, guess they've done some postcode remapping and made a mess. I wonder if someone with a Yorkshire postcode now gets ITV1+1 Yorks as it's now FTA?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    M60 wrote: »
    Yep, guess they've done some postcode remapping and made a mess. I wonder if someone with a Yorkshire postcode now gets ITV1+1 Yorks as it's now FTA?

No, still ITV+1 Granada.

ITV+1 Yorkshire went FTA in October, and it's still not on the EPG. ITV are certainly dragging their heels sorting it out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep, your right. I'm amazed ITV haven't sorted this out but then again they are renowned for taking their time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update

I have phoned ITV Viewer Services this morning about the Subtitle problem and they are investigating it, as of this afternoon it has not come back on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update

I have phoned ITV Viewer Services this morning about the Subtitle problem and they are investigating it, as of this afternoon it has not come back on

DVB subtitles have also disappeared from ITV HD (Granada) too, at least they are no longer showing in the EPG now and next.
  • Options
    mjrmjr Posts: 2,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, your right. I'm amazed ITV haven't sorted this out but then again they are renowned for taking their time!

Just a bit - they still haven't mapped ITV Anglia West (and others) on Freesat which has been FTA for ages. I think they must have forgotten about them. Surprising the advertisers don't make more fuss...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update

I had a call late this afternoon from ITV, they said that there was a technical fault and now the Subtitles have come back on again, so it was the same as last time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV+1 Tyne Tees and ITV+1 Wales swapped back now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Update

I had a call late this afternoon from ITV, they said that there was a technical fault and now the Subtitles have come back on again, so it was the same as last time

Was there now actual subtitles or just that the subtitle flag in the now and next data wasn't populated?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was there now actual subtitles or just that the subtitle flag in the now and next data wasn't populated?

The actual Subtitles came back on, I do not know why it went off automatically, they said on the phone when they called me back that is was caused by a Technical Error,
    but as we know they have been messing around with their streams, plus the fact that they still have not included ITV Anglia West and others to the EPG yet, so what mucking around they have done no one knows