Walking Dead season 2

Comments

• Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Just finished it. It was Excellent! (apart from a few bugs)
  • Booty luvBooty luv Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to have to wait till after Christmas to buy this, due to being a bit poor at the minute :( Shame you can't just buy one episode at a time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Just finished playing it. Great game as usual. However I felt this one was unusually short for the opening of season 2
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    blueplain wrote: »
    Just finished playing it. Great game as usual. However I felt this one was unusually short for the opening of season 2

Took me just under 2 hours I think, pretty much the same as the S1 episodes. I find it quite a nice length actually as I can get through it nicely in one sitting.

Assuming the other 4 episodes will be about the same length, then a 10 hour game with no filler whatsoever for £13 seems more than reasonable to me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never really understood the appeal of this game (the first one anyway) i played the entire first season and its basically not even a game its more like one of those DVD games where you just pick random options with the remote

the story was amazing but the gameplay was abysmal
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad that Omid died :( Also I wonder who Clementine was talking to at the end of the preview for the next episode
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Booty luv wrote: »
    Going to have to wait till after Christmas to buy this, due to being a bit poor at the minute :( Shame you can't just buy one episode at a time.

With PayPal's new system, you can opt to pay "after delivery". PayPal automatically assume that "after delivery" is 2 weeks. So you could play now, but not pay for another 14 days.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not on psn yet?
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad that Omid died :( Also I wonder who Clementine was talking to at the end of the preview for the next episode
    Lily or Kenny I'm thinking. Possibly Christa although that might be a bit of a let down compared with the other two. Thought the episode was great, looking forward to seeing how the new characters are fleshed out.
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Not on psn yet?

I bought it yesterday from PSN, it's definitely on there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    Lily or Kenny I'm thinking. Possibly Christa although that might be a bit of a let down compared with the other two. Thought the episode was great, looking forward to seeing how the new characters are fleshed out.

Hmmm, US or UK account? PS3 or PS4?

I'm using a PS3 UK account and still nothing, even with a search. Wasn't there yesterday or today.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished the first episode
    I spent two days playing the other episodes in order to catch up

It felt a bit short though. I think i did it in under an hour where as the first episode took me abouut 90 minutes or more. I always play each episode twice. One doing all the good options, and the other doing alternative options.
    Sad omid died but it was a good shocking way to begin the episode. Did any one notice that Christa had no child with her when it was 16 months later? my guess is it died or maybe kidnapped from her.

I would of liked to have seen some characters from 400 days but i guess we have 4 more episodes to see them.

I liked doing the bit where you sneaked into the house and stole the medical supplies. I also found the new characters we introduced interesting as well. Especially the pregnant woman, who it seems isn't carrying her husband's baby, but someone else's

I reckon Kenny is the one who Clem says "i thought you were dead too". I intially wondered whether it was lily, but I don't think Clem would of assumed she had died anyway
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    Hmmm, US or UK account? PS3 or PS4?

I'm using a PS3 UK account and still nothing, even with a search. Wasn't there yesterday or today.

PS3 UK account, checked to make sure on the Playstation and it's still there. Here's an online link:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/cid=EP2026-NPEB01911_00-TWDS200000000KEY

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/addons/the-walking-dead-season-two-season-pass/cid=EP2026-NPEB01911_00-B000000000000870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How very strange it still isn't appearing on my console! :(

Thanks for the link though, I'll try get it that way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Clem said "I thought you were dead", so I can't imagine it being Christa. We weren't led to believe that Christa had died. I have a feeling it could be Christa's kid. We haven't heard anything about him/her and it's a huge gap in the story at the moment. TellTale certainly put emphasis on it at the beginning of the episode, and then all of a sudden the baby wasn't there. Perhaps the baby was kidnapped, or perhaps they sold the baby/become separated during a raid etc etc.

People on Steam are saying that TT revealed that Kenny wouldn't be in S2, but Nick and Kenny do share some similarities, so it's being speculated atm that Nick and Kenny are related. It's also been said that Nick's father was unpleasant and had outbursts. I guess depending on how you played S1, this could match with Kenny's personality
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely buying this but waiting on all episodes to be released to enjoy them all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Clem said "I thought you were dead", so I can't imagine it being Christa. We weren't led to believe that Christa had died. I have a feeling it could be Christa's kid. We haven't heard anything about him/her and it's a huge gap in the story at the moment. TellTale certainly put emphasis on it at the beginning of the episode, and then all of a sudden the baby wasn't there. Perhaps the baby was kidnapped, or perhaps they sold the baby/become separated during a raid etc etc.
    I doubt it's Christa's kid based on the way Clem looked shocked after coming out from behind her group and said upon first seeing whoever it was "I thought you were dead". I don't think she'd have recognized the baby on first glance. I do think what happened to the kid will be explained at some point though (I think it was probably a stillbirth but who knows). I only said "possibly Christa" as when someone gets lost in the Walking Dead universe, people tend to assume the worst. I don't think it's her at all but it's possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely buying this but waiting on all episodes to be released to enjoy them all.

I just hope they release them soon! The Wolf Among Us release timeline says that episode 2 may not be here until March 2014. 5 months after release!
    I doubt it's Christa's kid based on the way Clem looked shocked after coming out from behind her group and said upon first seeing whoever it was "I thought you were dead". How does she recognize a baby on first glance? I do think what happened to the kid will be explained at some point though. I only said "possibly Christa" as when someone gets lost in the Walking Dead universe, people tend to assume the worst. I don't think it's her at all but it's possible.
    At the beginning of Episode 1, Christa was about to pop. Then we go 16 (or was it 18?) months into the future. That potentially means the kid could of been near the 16/18 month mark, so the baby would certainly be recognizable. I guess it could be someone like Lily, but again, it wasn't presumed she died (in S1 for me, she drove away with the trailer!). I can't think, but only Kenny was presumed to have died but may not have (we didn't see it?). With "I thought you were dead", it has to refer to Kenny or a character we haven't met. They've been building up Nick's father, so I guess they've perhaps even been hinting that it is Kenny...

I guess for people who chose to save Pete (?), it could be Nick since he was seen running off into the woods... but then what for people who saved Nick?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At the beginning of Episode 1, Christa was about to pop. Then we go 16 (or was it 18?) months into the future. That potentially means the kid could of been near the 16/18 month mark, so the baby would certainly be recognizable. I guess it could be someone like Lily, but again, it wasn't presumed she died (in S1 for me, she drove away with the trailer!). I can't think, but only Kenny was presumed to have died but may not have (we didn't see it?). With "I thought you were dead", it has to refer to Kenny or a character we haven't met. They've been building up Nick's father, so I guess they've perhaps even been hinting that it is Kenny...

I guess for people who chose to save Pete (?), it could be Nick since he was seen running off into the woods... but then what for people who saved Nick?!
    True, it was 16 months, I'm coming round to the theory. It could just end up being a way to hype people for the episode and it ends up being someone completely unexpected. I know Telltale actually said that 'Kenny's fate will be explored' so it will be interesting to see if he shows up eventually.

Any theories on who Carver is? I can't be the only person who thought of Nate straight away :p even if it's probably not him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we will cross any paths with any of the characters from the Television show. We met Herschal and Glenn in season 1, set around the time before they crossed paths with Rick and Company

I can't wait for episode 2. I hope it's due next Jan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope they release them soon! The Wolf Among Us release timeline says that episode 2 may not be here until March 2014. 5 months after release!

5 months nloody hell :( Suppose i can put it off until next year and the potential PS4 release.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally think Christa had a miscarriage after Omid died. Also I have read other forums where people think the bandit Clementine can give water to is the mystery person, which would be disappointing. I hope it's someone from the first game.

Also, in the title card for episode 4 you can see Eddie, so maybe that's when the characters from 400 Days appear
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally think Christa had a miscarriage after Omid died. Also I have read other forums where people think the bandit Clementine can give water to is the mystery person, which would be disappointing. I hope it's someone from the first game.

Also, in the title card for episode 4 you can see Eddie, so maybe that's when the characters from 400 Days appear
    I can't remember, but people on the Steam forums are saying that Clem looked happy to see the person. I don't remember watching it and thinking "Oh, Clem looks happy!", but if she did then it won't be the dying guy. It would be pretty disappointing if it was though.

BUT introducing an old character, like Lily, back in would be odd now. How far away are they from where they got onto the train? They must be hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of miles away... there are coincidences and then there is just near impossibility for them to be in the same place (especially since things like petrol aren't common now...).
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    possible krista but im thinking kenny
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    After taking nearly 2 hours to download, I only managed to play the first 10-15 mins before I had to go to bed...
    Wow. Did not see Omid getting bumped off in the first scenes. I liked that fella. Poor Christa though :( . Looking forward to playing more tomorrow evening after work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Krista will be back later in the game. I think whether the choice you made on whether to distract to bandits or sneak away will determine how the character will be towards Clem.