Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,486
Administrator
LOSG wrote: »
We played Newcastle at home on a Friday night in around 2003? I think we played Southampton on a Friday night away the season before as well off the top of my head.
Continuation of: Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    First post!

Welcome to my thread. :D
  • willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is interesting the Arsenal game is on a Friday. In the time I've been following the Gunners, this is the first time they've played on a Friday so it'll be strange but fun.
  • TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Spanking brand new thread!:)
  • naveennaveen Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would add that while a Friday isnt that great for fans it does mean the players have an extra day of rest for the following game on Tuesday against Southampton
  • GortGort Posts: 7,460
    Forum Member
    Well, our most famous match on a Friday was that one on the 26th May 1989. That was also shown on live TV. :)
    Forum Member
    Gort wrote: »
    Well, our most famous match on a Friday was that one on the 26th May 1989. That was also shown on live TV. :)

Oh yes!!! How could we forget about that one?! :o

I recall watching it in my mate's house. There were about 10 of us and we all went up to Highbury afterwards then went back to our local and stayed there all night.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Arsenal 5 (Pires and 4 x Henry) Leeds 0 was on a friday night. Confess I had to be reminded about that one. Can't imagine Coventry's fans are too thrilled but TV rules the roost.
    The right result will mean a great start to the weekend.

tickets still tbc - anyone have an idea as to when they'll go on sale? (Red member)
    edit: just popped up, 15 Jan.
  • DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me who we signed yesterday? All I caught was that it is an English youngster.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me who we signed yesterday? All I caught was that it is an English youngster.
    I didn't hear about this, now I'm intrigued.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    willrelf92 wrote: »

It was something on Talksport I only caught the end of. I may have got this wrong but I thought they were talking about an English youngster we had got hold of?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was something on Talksport I only caught the end of. I may have got this wrong but I thought they were talking about an English youngster we had got hold of?
    You probably misheard it as I'm sure there would be a lot more talk about it if we had signed someone. You never know though I guess.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    Spanking brand new thread!:)

Just as Man U fans begin their 45th we start our 15th. Evidently they can talk the hind legs off a donkey.

But that's enough about Moyes.
  • ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You probably misheard it as I'm sure there would be a lot more talk about it if we had signed someone. You never know though I guess.

They've been talking about our 16 year old youth team player Danny Crowley. Attacking midfielder. We nicked him from Villa last year. Getting rave reviews. Roy Hodgson even went out of his way to seek him out and talk to him last year.

Played for Villa's under 16's when he was 12.

One for next season I reckon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnW3hBkBG0Q
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Armi wrote: »
    They've been talking about our 16 year old youth team player Danny Crowley. Attacking midfielder in the Wilshere mould. We nicked him from Villa last year. Getting rave reviews. Roy Hodgson even went out of his way to seek him out and talk to him last year.

Played for Villa's under 16's when he was 12.

One for next season I reckon.
    Ah, so DavidT was half right. Haven't heard about this guy before, sounds hopeful though.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    He must be bloody good if he was playing at U16 level at 12 :o One for next season by the sound of it.
    Forum Member
    Adrian Durham has been singing Danny Crowley's praises all week. He was at a Peterborough v Arsenal youth match and saw him tear them apart.

Looks like a very good young player.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, Bayern are going to pay part of their fans ticket prices when they come to us. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25665999
  • GortGort Posts: 7,460
    Forum Member
    It has to be said that a lot could be learnt from the way that German football treats its fans. Ticket prices are far lower over there for the equivalent level of football, which also doesn't hurt the success of those clubs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, Bayern are going to pay part of their fans ticket prices when they come to us. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25665999

Shame we didn't know that weeks ago or we could have charged them more.

:D

Serioulsy though - did you know PL clubs get a kickback of around £200,000 a year from the PL to help with fans travelling to away matches? It can be used for transport or anything that the club decides - but it's mostly used to fund subsidies on ticket prices.
    Forum Member
    Rumours abound to day that we are in for Loic Remy.

Still a QPR player. They want to sell him.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Apparently Jackson Martinez wants to move to us :o
    I wouldnt mind Remy helping Giroud but we need a guy to replace Walcott as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind Remy helping Giroud but we need a guy to replace Walcott as well.

The Ox came through an hour of a reserve match yesterday.

We also have Gnabry as an option on tne right.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Yes, Martinez was an Arsenal fan as a kid, he admitted it. I'd get Remy this window and Martinez in the summer personally.
  • WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Martinez was an Arsenal fan as a kid, he admitted it. I'd get Remy this window and Martinez in the summer personally.

I'd like to see either or both ASAP. No sense in delaying transfers if you have the need and money. Both will definitely add something.
This discussion has been closed.