Options

Battlefield Hardline

OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
Forum Member
The next game in the Battlefield series is due to be released by Visceral Games later this year and it's a spin off called Battlefield Hardline (codenamed Omaha)

It was meant to be unveiled at E3 but as ever, it's been leaked early. It's a new take on war, this time between the cops & criminals.

http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a573846/battlefield-hardline-officially-announced-for-autumn-first-video.html#~oFyFwSmU2nvl3L

There promises to be a strong single player this time around as well as new multilayer modes such as heists.

I'm looking forwards to this game & I can see it replacing BF4 as my go to FPS game for this winter

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    The trailer has been removed from the article but can be found on YouTube http://youtu.be/dD88IxunZ5c
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Interesting idea. This would appeal to me quicker than the normal annual churn of FPS games.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Bad Company 3 complete with all the destruction of BC2.

Use to love Arica harbor. More than once I use to be in a really long game of conquest and you would look at the town at the end of the map and EVERY building was destroyed.

Total. Enjoyable. Carnage.

You NEVER saw that with BF3 and BF4.
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive potential here I think. Could be so much more than the annual COD refreshes. One to watch for sure.
  • Options
    Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    It looks interesting!

I hope one can choose the side in which they fight for, the story certainly looks more immersive that past DICE efforts. Given its made by a different team I suppose there is some expectation it has to be different.
  • Options
    HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks interesting, seems like its been influenced by games like Counter Strike and Payday. I hope they can pull it off.

I am glad they are going down a different route rather than just pumping out another standard Battlefield game. The story mode look interesting as well. I like the idea of creating each level as an episode of a TV series which the whole campaign effectively been the full season.
    jokerz wrote: »

Use to love Arica harbor. More than once I use to be in a really long game of conquest and you would look at the town at the end of the map and EVERY building was destroyed.

BFBC2 is still my favourite Battlefield game due to all the destruction. Getting a demolition kill was very satisfying. The flow of a map could drastically change based on how much destruction took place and could often leave your preferred attack route virtually unusable once the cover disappeared.

The lack of destruction in BF3 was a major let down and felt like a huge step backwards for the series IMHO.
  • Options
    RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they finally killed Battlefield.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see me Buying this, well certainly not on release. Its just not war. Haven't seen video though.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't see the point of SP for this type of game.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Can't see me Buying this, well certainly not on release. Its just not war. Haven't seen video though.

Be quick before it's taken down. http://youtu.be/xiJDY_iILg0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...not sure. Again, certainly not on release
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    jokerz wrote: »

Your spot on how the destruction could mean totally changing your tactics, it made for some great games .:)

Would love to see a Bad Company 3 made. I know Bad Company was originally made for rush mode and it could be a chance to make some great open maps again ( like harvest day ,Oasis etc) but I feel like they really haven't put much effort into Rush mode in BF3 and BF4 at all, Particularly BF4 where they've just scaled it down to medium scale warfare. so I nearly always play conquest now.

If they did make Bad Company 3 I think they should just focus on Rush and Conquest again, I think they started to bring out too many game modes IMO.

Anyway as for Battlefield Hardline , I'd have to wait and see more about it closer to the time before I make a decision on it.
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a kick in the teeth it would be if we can pay out Heists on BF before GTA V...
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really looks like this should be dlc rather than a standalone game. Obviously without knowing about the campaign. It just simply looks bf in camouflage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Release date is October 21st.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beta available now on PC and PS4. (At least it was until the servers crashed)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta

Just waiting on an email to see if I'm in (PS4)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same omtt
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you have BF4 you can download the beta direct from the PS4 dash. (If PSN stays up)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If you have BF4 you can download direct from the PS4 dash. (If PSN stays up)

I'll have a look just now. Does that mean you don't need to sign up?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I'll have a look just now. Does that mean you don't need to sign up?

Apparently so, but PSN keeps crashing on me. Go to the BF4 tile, press down and it was there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Got it downloading just now, 6GB. There's a padlock next to the title though. When I clicked to download, it said that there were 48% of the codes remaining. Not had an email code yet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FFS, what's happened to Battlefield? Cops and robbers???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Got it for pc, but sadly I have to work tonight