Options

can`t cope and i don`t know where to turn

annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
Forum Member
i`m overwhelmed loads of stuff is hitting all at once and i can`t cope i need to go to the doctor and make an appointment and i havn`t eaten but i`m having trouble now leaving the house and anyway i can`t go out with eyes like golf balls i don`t know what to do

Comments

• Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    I get like this. Can you phone your gp? I can phone the reception and request a call back. It helps when you're stranded.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thank you. i don`t have any credit on my phone and i`m fairly sure i won`t be able to speak on it i can`t stop sobbing i don`t want them to start trying to get me into hospital
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i just need to stop it and gfet myself togehter
  • Options
    BirdcageBirdcage Posts: 6,499
    Forum Member
    Annette do you have a friend you can call? Or text, if you're low on credit. Pity the Samaritans is no longer a Freephone number.

Do you have any sedatives, ie: valium? Just to take the edge off?

Can you try putting it down on here? To help make sense of your panic?
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annette, this feeling will pass. Try to breathe slowly, focus on your breathing and keeping calm. It WILL pass.

Do you have any friends or family who can help you? Or perhaps a neighbour?

If you are in need of help you can call the nhs number 111 free of charge from a mobile or landline. They should be able to direct you.
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Annette, would it help typing it out to make sense of things perhaps?

How far away is your GP? Do you have anyone who's phone you could borrow quickly to make an appointment? Or just anyone to have a chat to about how you are feeling?

Sorry to see you are feeling so rubbish :(

Don't forget you can call 111 if you are feeling extremely bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i texted a friend from a website nut it`s undelivered so her phone is probably pawned

i took olanzapine just but they take a good three hours i`m sorry thank you
  • Options
    UffaUffa Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annette have sent you a pm. :( xx
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    Annette hang on in there. Have you tried someone like the Samaritans? It would give you someone to talk to and you don't have to be suicidal to call.
  • Options
    Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
    Forum Member
    Aww, Annette - I know your username so well & you're witty & funny, polite too.

I'm feeling so bad myself this past year so I understand - menopause, too much wine, not yelling close ones my real feelings. I'm not saying they'd be horrible - concerned even but I don't feel I can cope with their daily concern/wTching over etc. I know hubby would be worried but would adopt the 'pull yourself together' attitude. No knows unless they've fully understood or experienced the feeling.

I'm alone too when it comes to feeling despair & putting on a front - it wears me out to which I have to make excuses - I drink too much wine, alone & feel sick at night . Like you I want to feel normal/real again.
    Pm of you ever need to btw.:):(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thank you you`re all so kind i`m sorry i shouldn`t have posted but i just need to connect with humanity on some level i can`t facwe going out like thius
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh god Annette are you ok? xx
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Annette don't try to force yourself to do anything, just try to calm down and sit quietly for a time, crying isn't necessarily bad it's getting some of those negative feelings out.

Just take each breath at a time, and try to clear your mind of worrying about doing anything.

Keep posting here if it helps.

I have to log off and go to work in a minute but I am sure some members will be here for you as long as you need. DS at it's best can be great !
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you you`re all so kind i`m sorry i shouldn`t have posted but i just need to connect with humanity on some level i can`t facwe going out like thius

Actually I think you SHOULD have posted.

I have no experience and can offer no real insight but I think "better out than in" - if you are having a terrible day and you have no-one to turn to then DS is as good as place as any.

I hope the next few hours improve for you

X
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Don't worry, you post as much as you want, Annette :)
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with RG - there are lots on here who like you and we will help if we can. Hope you're feeling a little better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Hope you're feeling okay Annette :(:cry:
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Also wanting to add my support here, Annette. You are one of my favourite posters - you have friends here. Hang on in there. Keep talking to us, if that helps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey thanks for answering. I wish I stayed closer to you. Keep in touch babes. xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thank you all so much, i do apologise for being a knobhead i`ve stopped the sobbing now and am slightly calmer for the minute and it looks like it might rain at some point so i may br able to get down the road with ba hoody up.

edit - bloody sun`d out again ARGH
  • Options
    Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Annette,

I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I dont know your circumstances but have seen many illnesses ruin to many lives and I'm honestly wishing you well.
    Are you feeling any better? Don't force yourself to do anything you cant do, be kind to yourself.
    Sending you love and healing xxx
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big hug annette, hope you are going to be ok
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    thank you all so much, i do apologise for being a knobhead i`ve stopped the sobbing now and am slightly calmer for the minute and it looks like it might rain at some point so i may br able to get down the road with ba hoody up.

edit - bloody sun`d out again ARGH

You're not a knobhead, Annette!

Can you just put your hoody up anyway? Or have you got some sunglasses to wear? I doubt anyone would even notice...
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep posting on here if it helps....I'm off out for a while, but you'd better be feeling less low when I get back in! >:( <--sternface ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    y`all have NO idea how much you have helped me this day and i cannot thank you enough.

i`m fairly well ostracised in this place bar a few and it`s just getting on top of me i suppose. i`ve been scandalised for i know not what for 30 years and people give me dirty looks and/or take the piss when i walk past, teenage kids make stupid noises behind me.

it kind of came to a bit of a head this morning with someone failing to win a political debate and resorting to extremely personal digs and allusions to what my original sin was - apparently everyone in the village has witnessed it [:confused:] but i`m still none the wiser.

my head was already in bits from other things. sounds trivial written down but i can`t even go and put my rubbish in the bins for fear of being seen. i know, i know, it is a bit pathetic.:blush: