Strictly Come Dancing: Fantasy Brought To Life - Show Three

DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
Forum Member
A very good afternoon to everyone watching and welcome to the third live show of Strictly Come Dancing: Fantasy Brought To Life! :)

On this fine Summer's afternoon, our eight remaining couples will take to the floor once again with either a Paso Doble, a Quickstep, a Salsa or a Viennese Waltz in a bid to impress both the judges and you at home. And, in tonight's results show, the couple with the lowest combined total of scores and votes will follow Sheila & Anton on the bus home, and nobody wants to be that couple. So, shall we begin? ;-)

Please welcome the stars of our show:

Alice Perkins & Robin Windsor
James Phelps & Natalie Lowe
Kellie Bright & Ian Waite
Lea Michele & Pasha Kovalev
Maddy Hill & Kevin Clifton
Marc Baylis & Janette Manrara
Pixie Lott & Brendan Cole
Suzannah Lipscomb & Aljaz Skorjanec

And, of course, let's not forget to welcome our wonderful judging panel: Craig Revel Horwood, Darcey Bussell, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli!

Opening the round for us with a Salsa are Maddy & Kevin! :)

Comments

• DingDong08DingDong08 Posts: 8,600
    Forum Member
    Training: The Jive was just great fun from beginning to end, even if training occasionally became a bit of a nightmare. Still, I could spend a whole year with Kevin and still not get tired of his energy! Anyway, we’re dancing the Salsa this week, our first party latin of the series, too, and I’m most excited about the lifts – being thrown around is just so exhilarating, yet so entertaining, although not so much for Kevin when I accidentally catch him in places I’d better not say on TV! *laughs* I think he’ll be more nervous that I will come showtime!

Maddy & Kevin dance a Salsa to Que Viva La Vida by Wisin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQu_QiI_GFw).

Len’s Comment: I’ll tell you what that was, Maddy. It was a UFO – utterly full-on! You attacked everything with 100% of your gusto, which says a lot given how complex a dance that was. There was one slightly rough transition from the air to the ground near the end, but otherwise, that was a top-notch Salsa.

Darcey’s Comment: You transported all of us to the clubs of South America with that dance, which is only a good thing, in my books. Those lifts were very difficult, and, despite one small stumble coming out of one of them, that was a dance to remember. Nice job, both of you.

Craig: 8
    Darcey: 8
    Len: 8
    Bruno: 8

Total: 32/40

Bringing us our first Quickstep of the series next are Suzannah & Aljaz! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: I did feel a little more relaxed going into last week’s show, and I’m glad that the judges picked up on that. Aljaz is also glad that Craig spotted some of my technical flaws, and, as we have the Quickstep for this round, it’s given us the perfect chance to amend some of those. The Quickstep is such a bright, breezy dance, and Aljaz has choreographed the most wonderful routine for us, so hopefully I can do it justice on the night and end up smacking straight into Aljaz like I did in the dress rehearsal. Silly Suzannah... *laughs*

Suzannah & Aljaz dance a Quickstep to Panic Cord by Gabrielle Aplin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLdTcr98fSs).

Craig’s Comment: Well, darling, it seems that you’ve turned a corner as far as nerves go. It wasn’t the fastest Quickstep I’ve ever seen, far from it, actually, but it allowed you to be at ease on the dancefloor tonight, and that’s been your main aim from Show One, so well done for that.

Len’s Comment: Do you know what, Suzannah? Without trying to sound a little creepy, you started out all nervous and vulnerable, and you’ve slowly started to blossom and actually relax on the dancefloor, and I love that. My only hope is that you can keep it up for next week, as you’re back to Latin, I believe…

Craig: 6
    Darcey: 7
    Len: 7
    Bruno: 6

Total: 26/40

Up next this round with their Paso Doble are Marc & Janette! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: Getting two eights and managing to break the thirty barrier was a great feeling – I wasn’t alone, though, as it was Janette’s first time stepping over the mark, too! We were both elated, and still were when we started training for the Paso Doble. However, during the week, I fell on top of Janette when practicing a trick at the end of the routine, and pulled a muscle in my right shoulder. It’s not too painful, though the doctor advised me to have the week off. That isn’t really an option, though, so I just hope I don’t let Janette down on the night.

Marc & Janette dance a Paso Doble to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE).

Bruno’s Comment: Well, despite your injury, that was still a very strong Paso, actually. I liked the slightly sexual, rougher side to the dance, and thought you performed it well. Even if your right arm did hit a couple of ugly lines, considering the circumstances, that was a great dance.

Craig’s Comment: I’m afraid that I cannot agree with that last part. It is a shame that you were injured, but it showed in your performance – the so-called ‘sexy’ side came predominantly from Janette, not you. Your lines could’ve been much sharper, too, though I do understand why they weren’t.

Craig: 6
    Bruno: 7

Total: 28/40

Fourth on the dancefloor with a Viennese Waltz are Kellie & Ian! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: I really enjoyed dancing the Foxtrot last week – it was just a nice, elegant dance and going through the different stages of how to dance it through the week was very interesting indeed. This week, Ian and I have the Viennese Waltz, and it’s actually really quite dramatic in its mood. This is where my work in EastEnders should come in handy – note that I said should. *laughs* We’ve got quite an exciting move at the end of the dance, when I spin round really quickly on the floor, so hopefully the audience will like that!

Kellie & Ian dance a Viennese Waltz to You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Dusty Springfield (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IXr5dZ9iAk).

Darcey’s Comment: Wow, Kellie – that was easily your best performance of the series, in my eyes. You somehow managed to sustain the character of the dance all the way through, which isn’t easy when you have to remember all the steps on top of that. And yes, the end spin was great!

Bruno’s Comment: Ooh, Kellie, you dangerously psychotic animal! I think Ian may need a restraining order after that dance! Yes, you captured the mood perfectly, but sometimes you need to extend your lines just a little more. You’re on the edge on being fantastic, just push a little more!

Craig: 7

Total: 30/40

Moving us into the second half of the show with their Salsa are Alice & Robin! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: What a blast I had out there doing the Jive! No, the judges may not have loved it, but I’ve survived another week and will continue to do so until you eventually get sick of me, which is inevitable, really. *laughs* For our third dance, we have the Salsa, and, although I was initially dreading it, it’s actually coming along decently. Much better than our other two performances, if nothing else! Robin even coaxed me into trying a lift, which is fun to do, even if I am slightly concerned I’ll have snapped in half by showtime!

Alice & Robin dance a Salsa to Papa Loves Mambo by Perry Como (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujB-BZn3C4g).

Craig’s Comment: I… I’m in shock, but that wasn’t actually a complete disaster. You were stumbling round like a horse gone mad throughout, and your lines still don’t look appealing to the human eye, but it was certainly no worse than last week, so… well done, I guess!

Len’s Comment: Alice, dear, you’re not the best dancer by a long stretch, but you come out every week and give it everything you’ve got, and I commend you for that. It was your best dance, too, and the lift, well, you didn’t fall out of it! Overall, though, you did a very nice job.

Craig: 4
    Darcey: 6
    Len: 6
    Bruno: 6

Total: 22/40

Up next in this round with a Quickstep are James & Natalie! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: I definitely got a morality boost last week, after getting the scores for our Jive, and even Craig liked it! I can die happy now that I’ve got a six from him. Well, possibly. Anyway, Natalie and I will be tackling the Quickstep this week, which is quite similar to the Jive, in that it’s a fun, bouncy and really fast dance. That can only be a good thing, surely! The last time I danced ballroom was not the prettiest of sights, so Natalie’s been working me hard on my technique – hopefully, that work will pay off.

James & Natalie dance a Quickstep to Jumpin' Jack by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWuZ0QBvlo).

Darcey’s Comment: I think the song should be named Jumpin’ James after that! It was full of energy and fun, your footwork was clean, and your hold much better than it was two weeks ago. Let’s just hope it was enough to keep him happy… *looks at Craig*

Craig’s Comment: Well, darling, it was enough. Your neck does still droop from time to time, but everything else is so much better than it was a couple of weeks ago. Oh, and you went out of time slightly with Natalie in the opening section. That was all.

Darcey: 7

Total: 28/40

Our penultimate dance of the round is a Paso Doble courtesy of Pixie & Brendan! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: Last week… eh, I’d rather not talk it, to be honest! It wasn’t my finest hour, despite what Brendan may keep telling me – has he been told to keep lying through his arse to me? *laughs* This week, we’ve got the Paso Doble as our dance, and it’s a very intense and serious dance, which is normally something I’d find quite difficult to portray. This time, though, I can just think about last week’s mess of a Jive and try my very best to redeem myself! Brendan’s made a great routine, too, so I really don’t want to let him down.

Pixie & Brendan dance a Paso Doble to Santo Domingo by Rodrigo y Gabriela (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mNTMaAZS5E).

Bruno’s Comment: The beast of the night has emerged, and with a vengeance, too! That was a sizzling Paso, full of attack and oozing with Spanish flair. Your Flamenco lines were absolutely gorgeous, too – a first class performance, on all levels!

Len’s Comment: I actually have to disagree, there. As Bruno said, your Flamenco lines were exquisite, but the routine itself was far too centred on the Flamenco aspects, which is completely different to that of a Paso Doble. It was a wonderful dance, but not quite a Paso, for me.

Bruno: 9

Total: 31/40

And now, closing the show with their Viennese Waltz are Lea & Pasha! :)
    Forum Member
    Training: We caused a bit of a split on the panel last week, which wasn’t really what we had in mind, to be honest! Len didn’t like my footwork, so I’ve made it my mission to work my hardest on that for this week’s performance, the Viennese Waltz. And wow, what a beautiful dance that is! It’s such an emotional routine, about how it feels to lose the thing you love the most, and all I can think of when learning this dance is Corey, and how it felt when I lost him. So, I will be dedicating this performance to him – and everyone watching, of course!

Lea & Pasha dance a Viennese Waltz to Cried by Candice Glover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03xREQgwQ_4).

Darcey’s Comment: You took my breath away, Lea, and that doesn’t happen very often. The sheer power of that performance, and knowing that every single movement was a truly genuine one, made it nearly unforgettable. I loved it, well done.

Len’s Comment: I am glad to see that you’ve worked on your footwork, because it was much better. Occasionally, you led on the ball of your foot instead of on your heal, but, apart from that, it was sophisticated, understated and very moving, too – a great end to a great show.

Craig: 8
    Darcey: 9
    Bruno: 8

Total: 33/40

So, with all the dancing complete, let's take a look at the final leaderboard... ;-)
    Forum Member
    1st - Lea & Pasha - 33
    2nd - Maddy & Kevin - 32
    3rd - Pixie & Brendan - 31
    4th - Kellie & Ian - 30
    =5th - James & Natalie - 28
    =5th - Marc & Janette - 28
    7th - Suzannah & Aljaz - 26
    8th - Alice & Robin - 22

A pretty close leaderboard there, with seven points separating first place from seventh place, and three points separating first place from fourth place. However, you can make it even closer with your votes, as...
    THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN! :)

Please rank the couples from 8 (your favourite) to 1 (your least favourite) and PM these to me by 8:00pm tonight, when the lines will close and we will discover which couple will be leaving us in eighth place. :(

Thank you very much for watching, and remember: keep dancing. ;-)
    Forum Member
    You still have thirty minutes left to vote, if you haven't already. ;-)
    Forum Member
    THE LINES ARE NOW CLOSED! :o

Please do not try to vote as it will not be counted. ;-)

Yesterday evening, our eight couples performed their third dance of the series. Some reached the stars, while others fell from grace. Tonight, we will discover the two lowest scoring couples after the public votes have been added in, and which contestant (both fantasy and real-life) has been eliminated. :(

In no particular order, the first couple who are safe is...
    Forum Member
    MADDY & KEVIN! :)

Also joining them in the next round of competition is...
  • dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am following Jamie, I just don't know what to comment as I'll give my celeb away. :D
    Forum Member
    SUZANNAH & ALJAZ! :)

The third couple who have survived this round's elimination is...
    Forum Member
    PIXIE & BRENDAN! :)

However, the first couple who have not been as lucky is...
    Forum Member
    MARC & JANETTE! :(

Unfortunately, your leaderboard position has dropped you into the bottom-two tonight, and you may be leaving us this round. :(

On the plus side, however, another couple who have made it through is...
    Forum Member
    KELLIE & IAN! :)

The fifth couple who are definitely safe is...
    Forum Member
    JAMES & NATALIE! :)

Which leaves us with two couples: Alice & Robin and Lea & Pasha. One of you topped the leaderboard, while the other brought up the rear of it, but who will be joining Marc & Janette in danger this round? :o

I can reveal that the couple in the bottom-two is...
    Forum Member
    ALICE & ROBIN! :(

I'm afraid to tell you that, for the second week in a row, you have found yourself in the bottom-two, and may be eliminated shortly. :(

This does mean, however, that Lea & Pasha have managed to escape elimination this round. :)
    Forum Member
    I am following Jamie, I just don't know what to comment as I'll give my celeb away. :D

That's good to know, Queenie. :D

(though voting may help your celebrity's chances, just saying... ;-))
    Forum Member
    ALICE & ROBIN. Alice, you left the judges more than a little surprised after performing a solid Salsa that gave you your highest score of the series, but did the public agree?

MARC & JANETTE. Marc, after a difficult week, you pulled through despite a shoulder injury and even picked up an eight from Darcey, but did the public reward your courage?

I can reveal that the couple finishing in eighth place is...
    Forum Member
    ALICE & ROBIN! :cry:

Huge commiserations to you both - despite a difficult start with a slow ballroom, you managed to pull through and produce some fun, entertaining latin dances that increased your marks slowly but surely. You have both been great sports, and I want to thank you both for taking part. Ladies and gentlemen, Alice & Robin. :)

This does mean that Marc & Janette live to dance again next week. :)

However, that's not all, as the person who was behind Alice and is therefore out of the competition is...
    Forum Member
    MITCHELL (pothuthic)! :cry:

If you hadn't figured out who was behind Alice, then I do have to question your IQ just a tad. :p However, despite not necessarily being one of the secretive celebrities, I want to thank you too for taking part. Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Mitchell. :)

Details for the next round will be posted in time for showday, which should be on Wednesday evening. ;-)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    I quit
    Forum Member
    8. Alice Perkins & Robin Windsor (Mitchell) - average of 19.0
    9. Sheila Hancock & Anton du Beke (Luke) - average of 21.5