Options

Question 05/03/2015

Phil_CoulthardPhil_Coulthard Posts: 2,843
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight's edition of the Topical Debate show come from Glasgow and joining Dimbleby on the panel tonight

Danny Alexander (Lib Dem Chief Secretary To The Treasury)
Humza Yousaf (SNP Minister for Europe)
Ruth Davidson (Leader Of The Scottish Conservatives)
Kezia Dugdale (Deputy Leader of Labour In Scotland)
Toby Young (Journalist)
Val McDermid (Crime Writer)

The show will be Broadcast at 22.45 on BBC 1 in England, Scotland and Wales

Comments

• Options
    BillyJamesTBillyJamesT Posts: 2,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez Engl:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broadcast from the true "Home Of The Brave"
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Question 05/03/2015

Found this at the bottom of the thread:

Time
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yawn... Scotland, again?
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,956
    Forum Member
    Danny Alexander's last Question Time? I'm sure the Glaswegians will be kind to him.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Found this at the bottom of the thread:

Time

:D:D Well found you played Where's Wally before.

So is this QT going to be all Scottish questions or will they talk rest of UK as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny Alexander (Ginger Tory wannabe bawbag)
    Ruth Davidson(Humpty Dumpty without the brains)
    Kezia Dugdale (Hundred mile an hour motor mouth, typical Labour, but would)
    Val McDermid (Bit of a mystery);-)
    Toby Young (????????)
    Humza Yousaf (Fantastic speaker well mannered young gentleman who speaks the truth from the heart)

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toby Young is a journalist, ex-Vanity Fair. Wrote a book called how to lose friends and alienate people (later made into a film with Simon Pegg). Can be a bit of a prat.
    I wonder if anyone will bother to brief Wee Ruthie, or if she will remember it.
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope a different Toby Young appears tonight compared to when he appeared on The Daily politics 2 or 3 weeks ago. He was exactly likely one of those rabid full-on Tory DS posters here who defends absolutely everything Cameron says. You'd never have guessed Young has a First (in PPE) from Oxford as he offered nothing to the debate. Any policy question Andrew Neill posed about whether Cameron was doing the right thing was met with a sort of "Labour are hypocrites and were worse" response.
  • Options
    angarrackangarrack Posts: 5,493
    Forum Member
    No Greens again. They don't seem to want to appear in public to defend their policies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Toby Young is a journalist, ex-Vanity Fair. Wrote a book called how to lose friends and alienate people (later made into a film with Simon Pegg). Can be a bit of a prat.

He's also a very prominent campaigner for Free Schools having set up the first one in the country.

Seen as being on the right and has been touted as a future Conservative MP (possibly going for the newly vacated Kensington seat), his father was a Labour Peer who was one of those responsible for their 1945 manifesto.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    angarrack wrote: »
    No Greens again. They don't seem to want to appear in public to defend their policies.

shock horror
  • Options
    jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »

He also considers himself to be a bit of a food critic......maybe he just wanted something to do
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't the Greens polls even lower in Scotland than they do in England? I can't see them getting many votes in oil rich Aberdeen or in the poor areas of Glasgow.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would say it was probably in their best interest to appear in public as little as possible. They won't lose as many votes that way :p
  • Options
    northantsgirlnorthantsgirl Posts: 4,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not wanting to be mean but Toby Young really is an utter w*****. No ifs, no buts. Means two Tories on the panel and despite it being Scotland.
  • Options
    DadDancerDadDancer Posts: 3,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Beaker will still be in denial about him losing his seat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Don't the Greens polls even lower in Scotland than they do in England? I can't see them getting many votes in oil rich Aberdeen or in the poor areas of Glasgow.

I think the Greens have their own Party in Scotland, understandably distancing themselves from Natalie Bennett and Co.

They even have a man as Leader if I'm not mistaken. But its a poor show they can't get themselves on Question Time in Glasgow tonight with an election only a few weeks away.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Scotland again. Sound off, subtitles on, fall asleep.......
  • Options
    alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DadDancer wrote: »
    I wonder if Beaker will still be in denial about him losing his seat?

:D:D:D ...... if he's lucky he'll get blown up by the mad muppet doctor before 7th May.

Just realised why are 6 panelists listed when 5 appear (which is main reason greens never get one of the 3 political seats)?
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boring Scotland controlled by the tyrannical SNP.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Greens have their own Party in Scotland, understandably distancing themselves from Natalie Bennett and Co..

http://www.scottishgreens.org.uk/policy/

They seem to be more from the hippy tree-hugger tradition of the Greens than the State control fanatics we get in England.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    http://www.scottishgreens.org.uk/policy/

They seem to be more from the hippy tree-hugger tradition of the Greens than the State control fanatics we get in England.

I see the Green Party in Scotland is 'co-convened' by a man and a woman.

Thats nice. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    Boring Scotland controlled by the tyrannical SNP.

Are you Paul Nuttall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So much negativity about the programme being broadcast from Scotland. Totally unnecessary.:cool: