Has the green screen problem been fixed with the HDR-2000T?

BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
Forum Member
My HDR FOX T2 has been a good servant over the years but has recently developed the highly annoying green screen fault. I thought it was a matchmaking issue with a new TV but when tried with another TV in the house the problem reoccurred so it seems to be age related in this case. It also occurs now when switching from HDMI sources as well as on startup so in short it needs replacing.

Despite being pleased overall with the standard of product I will not buy another Humax again unless I know this issue has been resolved. Can anyone confirm whether or not they have sorted it with this newer model ?

I could try a different brand but there doesn't appear to be much in the way of competition. Just had a look on Amazon and most of the Freeview recorders available at the moment have an average rating of 1-3 stars. I rather wanted one that would be decent and do the job well.

Any buying advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan.

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    My HDR FOX T2 has been a good servant over the years but has recently developed the highly annoying green screen fault. I thought it was a matchmaking issue with a new TV but when tried with another TV in the house the problem reoccurred so it seems to be age related in this case. It also occurs now when switching from HDMI sources as well as on startup so in short it needs replacing.
    It is possible that the issue is a result of age slightly deteriorating the HDMI contacts or less likely that the HDMI cable itself as deteriorated. Have you attempted just to unplug and re-insert the hdmi cable a few times to clean the contacts?
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the tip but didn't fix the problem.